This thread is privately moderated by NexAircraft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 05, 2013, 05:45 PM
Trader Rating: 3
FPV Multicopters
Off Site

Nex Aircraft's new V2 Brushless Gimbal

Our new brushless gimbal has been approved for release!!

PRE-ORDER YOURS TODAY ---- BEGINS SHIPPING ON JUNE 18th

GoPro pictured is NOT included!!

Nex Aircraft brushless Gimbal V2 non-tuned Demo , on our N.E.O airfrane (10 min 49 sec)

Light weight, all aluminum design.
Easy thumb-nut adjustment on all axis and balance points. No tools required to balance.
Easier wire management
Better balance for GoPro sized cameras
More Compact
REAL mounting locations for the IMU. No need for double sided tape to mount IMU.

Complete DIY kit!!! ONLY $164.99 !!!

ENTER CODE: RCGFREESHIP at checkout for FREE shipping on this item when you pre-order. (please order separately to use free shipping)

Package includes:
Brushless Gimbal kit
2 x 2208 Brushless Gimbal Motors (may be gold or gray)
Brushless Gimbal Controller (Martinez V3, loaded with latest firmware at time of shipping)
IMU (sensor board)
Motor and IMU wiring
Universal, Dampening ISO mount
All screws/hardware required for assembly

This is supplied in DIY KIT form. You will have to do some basic soldering to assemble. (motor wires and IMU wires)

You can also choose to have us build the kit for you. Some basic setup and adjustment may still need to be done by you, as each set up will be slightly different.

Only suitable for GoPro and similarly sized cameras, such as the Boscam HD-19. Will not hold larger cameras.
Last edited by NexAircraft; Jun 07, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2013, 06:41 PM
Trader Rating: 125
RC Connectors dot com
Can this mount be configured so that the yaw axis motor is directly in line with the camera lens? (so that during yaw maneuvers the camera will not see any up & down movement)

Thanks,

Glenn
Latest blog entry: Lower shipping prices!
Jun 05, 2013, 08:07 PM
FPV Multicopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn2626
Can this mount be configured so that the yaw axis motor is directly in line with the camera lens? (so that during yaw maneuvers the camera will not see any up & down movement)

Thanks,

Glenn
Well, there is no YAW motor. Its 2 axis , pitch and roll only. However, yes, but you will need to mount the camera so the lens is toward the pitch motor. This would mean mounting the GoPro upside down. Depending on how you set it up, (weight of sd card, strap, etc.) a small amount of additional weight may be needed to balance.

It really isnt noticeable in video when offset a bit, unless you are using a very narrow FOV lens.
Jun 05, 2013, 08:16 PM
Trader Rating: 56
Gods not dead!
It looks like the arms could be mounted to the other side to help align the lens of the gopro.
Jun 05, 2013, 10:17 PM
Trader Rating: 21
What is the fully dressed weight of the entire assembly (i.e. with gimbal, motors, cables, etc)?
Jun 05, 2013, 10:24 PM
FPV Multicopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2fly
It looks like the arms could be mounted to the other side to help align the lens of the gopro.
Yes indeed. You can assemble it a few different ways.
Jun 05, 2013, 10:27 PM
FPV Multicopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawak
What is the fully dressed weight of the entire assembly (i.e. with gimbal, motors, cables, etc)?
214 grams fully dressed !
Jun 06, 2013, 10:51 AM
Trader Rating: 1
I never finish anyth
Lots os specs, no RAW video from the platform. Please include a video with it hard mounted to a multi with no post editing plz.
Jun 06, 2013, 02:52 PM
FPV Multicopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
Lots os specs, no RAW video from the platform. Please include a video with it hard mounted to a multi with no post editing plz.
That is coming today or tomorrow.

It isnt hard mounted however. It is isolated with runner dampers.
Jun 06, 2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexAircraft
214 grams fully dressed !
does 214 include the gopro?
the standard NEX Aircraft Brushless Gimbal is 240 g without camera no?
so the new one is a just a little lighter
thanks for clarifying.
Jun 06, 2013, 03:33 PM
Koo
Trader Rating: 31
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
I noticed that you were able to tune and build the v1. You don't seem to provide a tuning service for V2 kit. Is this right?

Just read the first post again. Answered my question.
Last edited by Koo; Jun 06, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
Jun 06, 2013, 09:22 PM
FPV Multicopters
Hers a vid.

100% stock V049 firmware, no tuning whatsoever!!

Read the vid description for more info.

Nex Aircraft brushless Gimbal V2 non-tuned Demo , on our N.E.O airfrane (10 min 49 sec)
Jun 06, 2013, 09:31 PM
Koo
Koo
Oh I'm so getting one. When do you think you are able to post a vid with better settings and balanced props? My friends who own a photography company are planning on buying a hex and I think this would be a perfect fit for them.
Jun 06, 2013, 09:44 PM
FPV Multicopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo
Oh I'm so getting one. When do you think you are able to post a vid with better settings and balanced props? My friends who own a photography company are planning on buying a hex and I think this would be a perfect fit for them.
I will be posting the raw tuned video tomorrow. Then an edited version of it.

As long at they plan on using a GoPro sized camera, the V2 will be just fine. If they need a slightly larger camera, the V1 would be more ideal. If they need to use a larger camera than a point-n-shoot style , then neither one will be ideal. They will have to go with something bigger.

Also keep in mind, that video is how you set a brushless gimbal up. Your first few flights with it should be as such, to see where the tuning needs to take place. DO NOT rely on anything on the bench!! it will do no good. Get it on there, fly the thing and review your video and see whats going on.

This tuned, keep an almost perfectly level horizon!! You will see in the next video.

Technically, a gimbal isnt intended to be used that aggresively, but it shows that it can certainly take some abuse, and keep up quite well with no tuning. After tuning, which may take bit to get perfect, just like tuning an FC, it will give very good "horizon hold".
Last edited by NexAircraft; Jun 06, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
Jun 06, 2013, 09:51 PM
Koo
Koo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexAircraft
I will be posting the raw tuned video tomorrow. Then an edited version of it.

As long at they plan on using a GoPro sized camera, the V2 will be just fine. If they need a slightly larger camera, the V1 would be more ideal. If they need to use a larger camera than a point-n-shoot style , then neither one will be ideal. They will have to go with something bigger.
They own a GoPro hero 3 black but after they get used to flying a hex etc, they want to put a $3 dslr camera on board. I really like how I can get a prebuilt kit from you for only $10 more and the boards are already flashed with Martinetz firmware.