May 28, 2015, 06:04 AM
I finally got my ME-262 to flunk crash test. It is now flying great. The problem was not the plane but they way I was launching it. I hand launch my planes with a gentle throw forward. I found on the ME-262 I have to throw with the nose down else the under wing EDF will push the plane into a loop instead of forward. Now I can get out the paint and cover up all the repair marks. I can use a new cowl if anyone has one to sell. I found a thread where someone made cowl and duck covers for the front of the EDFs. I PMed but no reply. If anyone know where these can be bought please let me know.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2015, 07:05 AM
Speaking about 'Finally', Yesterday, I managed to Finally get my T-6 Harvard airborne again after 6 years. Absolutely stock power. What a pleasure it was too, I had forgotten what a sweet thing it is. Now... onto the P40 and then, waiting delivery from GWS Taiwan, a FW190 and a C-47. GWS still lives! With today's Plug 'n Play (BNF) culture, it seems to me that the GWS range is ripe for a re-launch as the next step on from there. Come On Mr Lin!
May 29, 2015, 02:10 AM
Hi Ratty,

Nice to know you are back to this hobby. Your Harvard would be happy to fly again.
I'll forward your words to my boss. Thank you

Chen
May 29, 2015, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar Rat
Speaking about 'Finally', Yesterday, I managed to Finally get my T-6 Harvard airborne again after 6 years. Absolutely stock power. What a pleasure it was too, I had forgotten what a sweet thing it is. Now... onto the P40 and then, waiting delivery from GWS Taiwan, a FW190 and a C-47. GWS still lives! With today's Plug 'n Play (BNF) culture, it seems to me that the GWS range is ripe for a re-launch as the next step on from there. Come On Mr Lin!
I went back to flying my Harvard with 2s 1000 lipos and the 2812 emax , instead of the 3s 1500 cells , I think it is a lot easier to fly, much lighter and a more scale like perfomance, and the flaps really make a difference, I didn't think it would ever fly again after the big crash, but it proves how repairable these kits are. I have an EPO SG on the board at the moment, and I am trying to get it a bit more scale with colours from no 7 FTS ( when I finally get round to buying them) and a shorter cowl
Jun 09, 2015, 03:32 PM

Thanks Neons/Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons**
The Build Log in My Blog is to help anyone that is interested in construction help or ideas.

Page #01 of Build Log - Look at Douglas C-47 near top.
http://forum.bristolcountyrc.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Page #02 Build Log -Latest progress and todays postings. How it is done.
http://forum.bristolcountyrc.org/vie...t=146&start=10

This is just a static picture of my progress. Still have more to go yet. The Log explains more.
**Neons*** Bob
Thanks Neons/Bob for sharing your photos, videos, and precious experiences! Would you mind if we share your GWS airplnes with other flyers on our social media? All post will credit to you and if you don't mind, we would also like to share your blog as well.
Jun 09, 2015, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude07
Thanks GWS CHEN. I was only flying around at 50-70% throttle. I'm not sure if you're associated with GWS US or not, but GWS US has a copy of the video and all of my pictures during build and before flight for their use however they desire. I'm doing my best to share my very positive flying experience with this plane. The web is littered with "this plane is a beast," "this plane is horrible," etc... comments. But with the right pilot mindset of what the full scale airframe is designed to do, she flew fantastic.
Many thanks as always rcdude07!
Jun 09, 2015, 04:45 PM
GWS USA,
Please be welcome to use anything I have posted in threads or videos like Vimeo or YouTube. for your use and Customer experiences. I am basically a scratch builder and use many of my ideas in all makes of foam made aircraft. I want the inexperienced builder and more advanced also to have a look at ideas so they do have a better time with building their models. By doing this the Newbee may have a better start into the hobby and can skip a beginners mistakes. Also opening my Avatar may have useful links from past building .
Regards,
Bob Pacheco **Neons**
Jul 16, 2015, 06:10 AM
New batch has arrived safely , has been unpacked and checked and are now ready, we also have this time, a number of replacement cowls for AT6, P40, Zero, Pico Tiger moth, rear u/c mouldings for the Islanders and nose pieces for P38
kits available are Pico tiger moths, BN2 Islanders, C47 skytrain,Cargotrans quad, FW190, , P40, AT6, and F4U Corsairs 1 zero ,1 spitfire A10s and F15

iterested, contact us mountfrostimports@aol.com
Aug 16, 2015, 07:09 AM
Flew my GWS C-47 at Warbirds Over Dixie Saturday as a part of National Model Aviation Day 2015. After one flight I was stopped and a fellow pilot was asking the usual questions. The man beside him, his dad, proceeds to tell me the uniqueness of jumping out of a C-47 and due to the location of the horizontal stab the deaths that happened. He proceeded to tell me he was a paratrooper and jumped out of them and C-119's during Korea. He pointed out some non-scale things on the plane, which I understood and explained stand off scale and choices to make a model fly better. As he told me more stories, he would stop, get emotional, and tell me he was trying to remember more. He thanked me for flying it today, although it's painted in WWII invasion colors. I told him it was I who was thankful and that I fly r/c warbirds in their memory and honor.
Aug 16, 2015, 07:24 AM
Very nice story and still a good tribute. Thanks for talking to a veteran and pleasing him. My C-47 is being re-trimmed for maiden. I damaged it not too bad on take off. It was tail heavy. Not next time though.
**Neons**Bob
Sep 03, 2015, 05:18 PM
Took my bashed GWS Zero for a flight last night. Just took my GWS F4U out for a flight. Feels like WWII in the Pacific. If only GWS made a F6F. Got to finish my GWS P-38 in Pacific colors.
Sep 03, 2015, 06:19 PM
Congrats D. I had our club Fun Fly this past week also. I flew an NOS H. Lobby Hayabusa Ki81 Frank, GWS P-38, Gws FW 190. War over here too. Great time. The guys with Fw190 nitro, nitro Spit, and T-bolt could not catch my GWS Fw 190F-B in a flight. Embarrassing heh!
**Neons** Bob
Nov 15, 2015, 09:04 AM
I started another GWS bash. I found the GWS Zero wing is the correct shape for a F6F wing except for the tips. I glued foam on the tips and reshaped them.
Nov 17, 2015, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Very creative as always. I have always liked your work.
Nov 17, 2015, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi1970
Very creative as always. I have always liked your work.
Thanks, I have also started a P-51 but using an trashed Wattage wing so it will not be a GWS bash.

Quick Reply