Aug 29, 2019, 01:43 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumuklis
Where Can I Get an Av Power Cable in One?
I would like to look at camera image in fpv glasses.
The camera comes with an external video out and power in harness that plugs into the camera USB socket. If you don't have one, try contacting a Mobius web store reseller (listed in InfoPost #2 in this thread). The direct seller Ebay web store (eletoponline 365.com) in China would be able to sell you one of these if other store don't stock them.

But the video out signal is not digital HD like the recorded video... it's an old analog NTSC TV signal that is common with low end FPV transmitters. You will also need to supply external +5V into the camera from your flight power source, best done with a small DC-DC converter chip from you flight battery pack rather than from you FPV gear (unless it has a rated output of at least 1A @ +5V, and is not powering much of anything else that consumes more than a few hundred mA).
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2019, 07:04 PM

mSetup causes PC reboot

Anyone know why Mobius mSetup cause my PC to crash and reboot? It happens after I change parameters and write them to the camera. First it disconnects and then when turn the camera on and off to re establish the link, I get a message saying pc has had a problem and needs to reboot.
Sep 07, 2019, 07:59 AM
Tom,
I re updated the camera in Msetup, again, and now it seems to be working.

Not sure if I did something different as I had already updated it twice with no change.

Anyway, it lives on. Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Jim
Sep 21, 2019, 12:25 AM
I don't think (might be wrong) if the camera was previously available with capacitor factory installed.
Anyway, it is now available
Oct 08, 2019, 02:28 PM
Hi all,
I used the mobius 1 faultlessly with my old Samsung galaxy s3. when this expired, I went on to iPhone, and lost the availability of the app Thomas developed. I'm now back on Samsung with the 2019 galaxy a40, so far so good.
I use the Samsung thing of moving apps, and now have the app, which functions as it should. I now have the issue of finding an otg cable that will connect mobius to the a40, the connector is a type c which is different to the old s3 phone.

I've tried a number of usb leads to join them together and so on, nothing works, its says camera not connected. Can anybody offer a solution please?

Will a standard cable, which has type c one end, and the Mobius connector (anybody know what thats called?) the other end

thanks
Oct 13, 2019, 06:20 PM
Anyone ?
Oct 13, 2019, 10:24 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdevlin
Anyone ?
The M1 has a Mini USB plug (NOT a Micro USB). This thread mentions a Micro USB to USB-C adaptor that reportedly works, but you need one with a Mini USB plug on it, NOT the Micro USB. Try doing a Google search for one.

OTG M1 cable has pin 4 connected to ground on the Mini USB plug end, so a standard cable would not work for OTG function. It's also possible that the Mobius App OTG function does not work with your new Samsung phone? The APP developer may be able to provide support for that.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 13, 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Oct 14, 2019, 01:14 AM
Thanks tom
So its otg cable mini not micro at mobius and type c at phone I'll do some searching later

I can see there are adapters that will convert the phone connector from my old s3 to the new a40 they might be worth a go as I assume the pin grounding you mention is done in the cable as I know that already works?
I spoke to the original ebay provider but they just could not grasp the issue I have!
Last time I tried Thomas about an issue sone time ago he didnt reply so I think he has probably given up with it which is a shame as it's a great app. Pity mobius don't offer something
Paul
Oct 14, 2019, 10:46 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdevlin
Thanks tom
So its otg cable mini not micro at mobius and type c at phone I'll do some searching later

I can see there are adapters that will convert the phone connector from my old s3 to the new a40 they might be worth a go as I assume the pin grounding you mention is done in the cable as I know that already works?
I spoke to the original ebay provider but they just could not grasp the issue I have!
Last time I tried Thomas about an issue sone time ago he didnt reply so I think he has probably given up with it which is a shame as it's a great app. Pity mobius don't offer something
Paul
Yes, the grounding of pin #4 to #5 is typically done inside the OTG cable plug housing.

FWIW, there have been a number of requests from users (including myself) to have USB-C plugs on the cameras for more reliable USB connections, which would also simplify the USB-C OTG cable connectivity.

I think you're correct about Thomas dropping the Mobius support. You may know the Mobius Maxi has WiFi capability with Mobius Apps from the developer for configuring the camera (or streaming video) via an Android or iOS smart phone.

Good luck with your M1 OTG cabling issue.
Oct 14, 2019, 11:10 AM
Thanks
If I sort it I'll tell you how!
Oct 22, 2019, 04:23 AM
I am using mobius for timelapse videos for a long time.
I am usually using 2s photo interval for fog/clouds timelapses: example
This year I tried to use mobius for long timelapse to shoot snow melting for few months with 1h interval.
I replaced battery with 5000mAh and made waterproof case.
Few days ago I finally got my data.
But it seems to me that there is some nasty bug, because I am missing photos from odd moths.
Seems to me like some problem with datetime implementation.
Files downloaded from mobius looks like this:

IMAG0001.JPG 2019-02-16 14:18 (first photo)
... (photos ok with 1h interval)
IMAG0272.JPG 2019-02-27 21:14
IMAG0273.JPG 2019-03-31 23:14
IMAG0274.JPG 2019-04-01 00:14
IMAG0969.JPG 2019-04-29 23:09
IMAG0970.JPG 2019-05-31 23:09
IMAG0971.JPG 2019-06-01 00:09
IMAG1666.JPG 2019-06-29 23:06
IMAG1667.JPG 2019-07-31 23:06
IMAG1668.JPG 2019-08-01 00:06
IMAG2239.JPG 2019-08-24 19:03 (last photo)

Is anyone using mobius for this kind of time-lapse?
Have anyone encoutered this problem?
Oct 22, 2019, 02:38 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepan.h
I am using mobius for timelapse videos for a long time.
I am usually using 2s photo interval for fog/clouds timelapses: example
This year I tried to use mobius for long timelapse to shoot snow melting for few months with 1h interval.
I replaced battery with 5000mAh and made waterproof case.
Few days ago I finally got my data.
But it seems to me that there is some nasty bug, because I am missing photos from odd moths.
Seems to me like some problem with datetime implementation.
Files downloaded from mobius looks like this:

IMAG0001.JPG 2019-02-16 14:18 (first photo)
IMAG0272.JPG 2019-02-27 21:14
IMAG0273.JPG 2019-03-31 23:14
IMAG0274.JPG 2019-04-01 00:14
IMAG0969.JPG 2019-04-29 23:09
IMAG0970.JPG 2019-05-31 23:09
IMAG0971.JPG 2019-06-01 00:09
IMAG1666.JPG 2019-06-29 23:06
IMAG1667.JPG 2019-07-31 23:06
IMAG1668.JPG 2019-08-01 00:06
IMAG2239.JPG 2019-08-24 19:03 (last photo)

Is anyone using mobius for this kind of time-lapse?
Have anyone encoutered this problem?
Are you using the photo time lapse mode to capture individual photos, and then joining them with other software to create the video, or are you using the camera's video time lapse mode? Are the dates shown the time stamp on the photos? Are the photos really not being recorded for odd months? It would be very visible as big jumps in the video motion where the date stamps show a big jump at the beginning of each odd month.

I'm just trying to understand if the photos are really missing, or whether there is a glitch in the time stamp calculation that is stamped on the photos.
Oct 23, 2019, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Hi all,
I used the mobius 1 faultlessly with my old Samsung galaxy s3. when this expired, I went on to iPhone, and lost the availability of the app Thomas developed. I'm now back on Samsung with the 2019 galaxy a40, so far so good.
I use the Samsung thing of moving apps, and now have the app, which functions as it should. I now have the issue of finding an otg cable that will connect mobius to the a40, the connector is a type c which is different to the old s3 phone.

I've tried a number of usb leads to join them together and so on, nothing works, its says camera not connected. Can anybody offer a solution please?

Will a standard cable, which has type c one end, and the Mobius connector (anybody know what thats called?) the other end

thanks
For anyone having similar issues, updating phones etc and cant get the app to work, I bought this, using my mobius charging/pc lead , and then this adapter, all works perfectly. There is a choice of phones, so should be good for all of them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-S...53.m2749.l2649
Oct 23, 2019, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Are you using the photo time lapse mode to capture individual photos, and then joining them with other software to create the video, or are you using the camera's video time lapse mode? Are the dates shown the time stamp on the photos? Are the photos really not being recorded for odd months? It would be very visible as big jumps in the video motion where the date stamps show a big jump at the beginning of each odd month.

I'm just trying to understand if the photos are really missing, or whether there is a glitch in the time stamp calculation that is stamped on the photos.
I am using photo time lapse to take individual photos.
Photos are really not recorded, there is a visible gap in timelapse.
Dates and times written in the list in my previous post are dates of file timestamp, dates and times in EXIF of files is somehow 2hours shifted maybe due to timezone setting of my file viewer? I was not printing timestamps to images.

I have one more Mobius in the field right now for few months, so I will see if it will be affected too.
Oct 23, 2019, 09:22 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepan.h
I am using photo time lapse to take individual photos.
Photos are really not recorded, there is a visible gap in timelapse.
Dates and times written in the list in my previous post are dates of file timestamp, dates and times in EXIF of files is somehow 2hours shifted maybe due to timezone setting of my file viewer? I was not printing timestamps to images.

I have one more Mobius in the field right now for few months, so I will see if it will be affected too.
Thanks for the details. Please post your findings with the other M1, and also the FW version installed on the cameras.

The camera will sync it's internal time/date stamp with the time/date setting of your PC when you connect it to the mSetup utility (if you are using that program). If your PC is keeping good time, the date/time stamp overlaid on the pics should remain reasonably close to your PC date time, though it's normal for a little bit of drift (seconds, not hours or days) between the two as time goes by. It's possible the cameras internal clock chip is malfunctioning. If that is the case, I'd think it very unlikely your second M1 would also have the same issue. If it does, the developer would want to know about it.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 23, 2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply