Aug 07, 2018, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelardo
Sorry guys, I rephrase the question: does the App's live video work well with the latest Mobius 1 (V3 and A2 lens)?

Thanks
I believe the Andriod app MobiusActionCam supports live video on all versions of the Mobius 1 camera.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2018, 05:03 PM

4.35 rectilinear cctv lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord
Hi Guys, quick question.

I have ordered the 4.35 rectilinear lens, and that should be here soon. Question is, does this include an IR filter, or do I need to order one separately?

Thanks

Jeff
Did you install this lens? How did it look?
Aug 12, 2018, 01:11 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchen
Did you install this lens? How did it look?
I did - it looks great, no curved lines. A bit telephoto(ish), though.

Different vendors may either have the IR filter installed, or not. If not, you can buy one for a dollar...

There is also another rectilinear, quite wider lens available, don't remember where I bought it, I'll have to look it up...

<EDIT> Found it:

2.97mm Lens 1/2.5in 5MP F4.

This covers a little less than the original 2.8 mm A lens, but has straight lines.

Sold by just a few vendors, I bought mine from here, currently cheapest:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172253667795

PS: Look at this for some comparisons:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11914
The 2.97 mm lens is also included in the lineup, albeit not shot from the exactly same position.
Last edited by Janke; Aug 12, 2018 at 05:11 AM.
Aug 15, 2018, 09:28 PM
Interestingly (?) I put the 4.35mm No Distortion rectilinear lens onto a Gitup F1 action camera and it DOES have a notable fisheye result. But didn't on the ...??? .... Runcam 2 that I had taken it back off from. I am not sure what sensor sizes any of the cameras have (or differences). My one on the Mobius(1) seems to have zero distortion.
Aug 16, 2018, 12:37 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Interestingly (?) I put the 4.35mm No Distortion rectilinear lens onto a Gitup F1 action camera and it DOES have a notable fisheye result. But didn't on the ...??? .... Runcam 2 that I had taken it back off from. I am not sure what sensor sizes any of the cameras have (or differences). My one on the Mobius(1) seems to have zero distortion.
Is that the one and same lens? There may be vendors selling "fake" non-distortion lenses. You can never trust eBay...
Aug 16, 2018, 10:50 AM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
I used the go pro lens and have a wide angle and very low distortion
Sep 12, 2018, 07:51 AM
Hi!

I still have the issue now with 2 cameras 2 microSD that the lost recording file is not existing as Mobius does not add FAT signature to recordings until stop/finish.
(camera battery disonnected or camera damaged or card ejected before creating filename for tlast recording and finish the file.)

How can I get the temporary video files back from last recording which has no filename?

pl.s help me developers etc. as I am lost in this
I could repair the broken video if the end missing with special tools but did not find the temporary stream

and yes, I tried many undelete applciation but no fiulename, if REC_0019.MOV was the last file on microSD and I look or any files to undelete no REC_0020.MOV deleted or any other temporary in the FAT
Sep 12, 2018, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoAmg
Hi!

I still have the issue now with 2 cameras 2 microSD that the lost recording file is not existing as Mobius does not add FAT signature to recordings until stop/finish.
(camera battery disonnected or camera damaged or card ejected before creating filename for tlast recording and finish the file.)

How can I get the temporary video files back from last recording which has no filename?

pl.s help me developers etc. as I am lost in this
I could repair the broken video if the end missing with special tools but did not find the temporary stream

and yes, I tried many undelete applciation but no fiulename, if REC_0019.MOV was the last file on microSD and I look or any files to undelete no REC_0020.MOV deleted or any other temporary in the FAT
There is a chance that this may work:
Can you see the file name in the folder? If so, download and try VLC.

I find that a lot of videos are seen as having a corrupted index or such by VLC, or simply unrecognizable by other viewers that I have tried. I think it may be that the "container" is not valid, perhaps as a result of pulling the power on whatever is recording before it completes whatever is need to properly "package" the video data.

So, VLC tries to correct the problem.

If this works, then, under the MEDIA menu in VLC, choose the Convert/Save option and save as a .mp4 file.

I use an FPV camera that saves its video files as .AVI, which not all viewers like. They all like .MP4, as far as I can tell.
Sep 12, 2018, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
There is a chance that this may work:
Can you see the file name in the folder? If so, download and try VLC.

I find that a lot of videos are seen as having a corrupted index or such by VLC, or simply unrecognizable by other viewers that I have tried. I think it may be that the "container" is not valid, perhaps as a result of pulling the power on whatever is recording before it completes whatever is need to properly "package" the video data.

So, VLC tries to correct the problem.

If this works, then, under the MEDIA menu in VLC, choose the Convert/Save option and save as a .mp4 file.

I use an FPV camera that saves its video files as .AVI, which not all viewers like. They all like .MP4, as far as I can tell.
thansk for the response!

no, what I am trying to explain that the problem is that there is no filename generated for the lost recordings only previous recording has filenames if you crash the last recording has no filename so cannot recover in VLC or other tools
also no files to undelete

need to know the way Mobius saves data without creating files first so I could know to look for which sectors on free space and how to have the unfinished recording wihout filename
Sep 12, 2018, 08:40 AM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoAmg
thansk for the response!

no, what I am trying to explain that the problem is that there is no filename generated for the lost recordings only previous recording has filenames if you crash the last recording has no filename so cannot recover in VLC or other tools
also no files to undelete

need to know the way Mobius saves data without creating files first so I could know to look for which sectors on free space and how to have the unfinished recording wihout filename
Just thaught - It could look like no file has been generated, but it probably has, just that the filename did not get added.
That then stays allocated but not visible - enough of those and a 32Gb turns into a 2Gb card eventually - only a full card (in camera) re format will sort that out...
Mike
EDIT - Some primative old disk analyser programs used to look for lost chains (e.g. files) and offer to get them back to you - they were for floppy disks but MAY work for cards - if you can find one..
Last edited by empeabee; Sep 12, 2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: added info
Sep 12, 2018, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee
Just thaught - It could look like no file has been generated, but it probably has, just that the filename did not get added.
That then stays allocated but not visible - enough of those and a 32Gb turns into a 2Gb card eventually - only a full card (in camera) re format will sort that out...
Mike
EDIT - Some primative old disk analyser programs used to look for lost chains (e.g. files) and offer to get them back to you - they were for floppy disks but MAY work for cards - if you can find one..
I used recovery programs which looks for lost chains too but no succes yet it would be good to know how Mobius does that, I have the last 2 microSD ffrom my las 2 crashed mobius did make any write on them so last recording data is still there I did not give up to find out how to recover but not enough info or no tool yet

I did not see missing free space so allocated but not saved files
chkdsk could get back lost clusters but only in 32K size chunks cannot recover streams and that would ruin the SD as it recovers by writing to the file system does not copy what found to different drive like many recovery apps do
Sep 12, 2018, 05:14 PM
Dance the skies...
I don't have any solutions to what you are looking for, and this problem is not unique to the M1. I suspect the file system handling for the M1 is built into DSP chip low level code of the hardware and can't be changed by the FW.

Probably the best thing you can do is set your recording clip length for the lowest setting (3 min.) so that you will not lose more than the last 3 min. of your overall recording. The clips can be easily joined back together for one continuous recording afterwards.
Sep 14, 2018, 04:38 PM
I am flying wild :-)
flight footage made with the mobius! ... here is the anthem of all FPV enthusiasts in a new video of the acoustic rock band FlyingWild. pure acoustic rock music and a breathtaking video with high mountain drone FPV footage!
FlyingWild - F.P.V. (acoustic didgeridoo version!) (3 min 48 sec)
Sep 14, 2018, 10:11 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflyer1de
flight footage made with the mobius! breathtaking video with high mountain drone FPV footage!
Stunning scenery AV... your best yet posted here!
Sep 15, 2018, 09:34 AM
Good morning guys,

I am getting these weird notifications in MSetup with my Mobius and Mobius2. How can I solve this problem ?

Quick Reply