Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 06, 2018, 04:02 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrr. I give up. I'll wait until I get home.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2018, 12:01 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLaw
Couple of questions. My 5 year old Mobius has given great use but recently has been switching off even though on continuous mode. Of the 20 or so clips taken on my present holiday the length varies between 428 and 52KB. The battery is always charged and the camera will video more clips of varying length after landing and switching on again. I've reformatted the card which is a Sandisk Extreme Plus 18GB. A 214KB clip taken today will follow once I've sorted it out.
There is also a pulsing sound on the audio just before it switches off, 20secs in this clip. Is this significant?

All suggestions for a cure welcome.
Is this your original battery still in the camera? If so, a 5 year old battery is past it's prime. The steady pulsed noise in the video usually means the battery voltage is low. Even when the green charging LED confirms the battery has "fully" charged, that does not mean the battery will perform to it's fully rated capacity if it's deteriorated (and they all do sooner or later). My best guess is you need a new battery. You can confirm by powering the camera via a standard 5V USB external power source and see if it records full clip lengths.

It's also possible your memory card is very fragmented and a bit slower in writing/saving the clips. At least reformat it in the camera, but I'd also try a different memory card
Jul 06, 2018, 03:57 PM
Many thanks as always Tom. We're off home tomorrow, just missing Le Tour coming through our village, so I'll have to wait until next week to test your suggestions.
Jul 13, 2018, 07:54 AM
Has anyone managed to view live video out via USB cable on a Google Pixel? I have tried three different USB-C OTG adapters. I can use the MobiusActionCam app to adjust the Mobius 1 settings, but I cannot get live view to work.

I have an older Samsung mobile that can show live video via micro-USB OTG, but that doesn't hold charge very well so I would rather use my current phone if possible.
Jul 14, 2018, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Wow that was quick! Thanks for the info, ordered Friday PM arrived Saturday AM.

Mobius back in action
Jul 14, 2018, 05:10 AM
Excellent!
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jul 17, 2018, 12:47 AM
I've had my Mobius for several years and it's always worked great. I have it configured to autorecord when it gets power from the usb for my AP quad, and I use it as my fpv cam for framing the shot.

I got some new goggles so I did a quick test flight in the backyard and it worked fine. I put a memory card in it, took it to the flight field and it did not work. Nothing. No lights, no recording, no video passthrough.

Now it doesn't record at all even by pressing the buttons. I can't get it to connect as a drive to access the memory card when hooked to either of my laptops. It won't connect to mSetup. It won't take a manual firmware update by putting the file on the memory card. It won't even format the memory card.

When I press the power button, nothing happens. If I hold it for more than about 3 seconds, nothing happens, but after that when I press the power button again the blue led flashes once then I get 2 flashes from the red led on the back. I can get the green light to stay on, but only when it's hooked to my laptop, and nothing happens.

I cracked open the case to check the battery and found it only had 3.22 volts. I rigged up a 1s charger and got it up to 4.10 volts and put it back together. No change.

Is there any hope?
Jul 17, 2018, 03:43 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
New battery.
Jul 18, 2018, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Is this your original battery still in the camera? If so, a 5 year old battery is past it's prime. The steady pulsed noise in the video usually means the battery voltage is low. Even when the green charging LED confirms the battery has "fully" charged, that does not mean the battery will perform to it's fully rated capacity if it's deteriorated (and they all do sooner or later). My best guess is you need a new battery. You can confirm by powering the camera via a standard 5V USB external power source and see if it records full clip lengths.

It's also possible your memory card is very fragmented and a bit slower in writing/saving the clips. At least reformat it in the camera, but I'd also try a different memory card
All sorted with a new battery. Many thanks again.
Jul 20, 2018, 01:59 AM
Well I sat down and read the instructions thoroughly and found this little tidbit:
Quote:
Q. When the camera is turned on, the blue LED turns on. It may turn off after a
second or two. The Mode and Shutter buttons don't react and I can't take any video
or pictures. The camera is also not recognized by my PC as a removable drive.
When connected to the PC the green LED may be on or off. The red LED may also
blink 3 times while the camera turns off.
A. The lens module ribbon cable is not connected properly or the lens module is
damaged.
So I cracked open the case, unplugged and replugged the ribbon cable, and it works! Camera records video perfectly.

I still can't connect to the memory card in the Mobius as a drive or connect with mSetup using a USB cable, but I was able to force the Mobius to make the config file. It still remembered all my settings, and took the new settings that I twiddled using a card reader.
Jul 20, 2018, 03:43 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
I still can't connect to the memory card in the Mobius as a drive or connect with mSetup using a USB cable
Try another USB cable, preferably a short and thick one. You can also slightly compress the mini-USB connector's metal shield, to make it fit tighter.
Jul 23, 2018, 05:47 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
What apps do you all use for android? Are there any free ones that let you alter the settings and save footage from the camera to your phone?
I've found one on Google play that gives an hour free use but then you have to pay are there any for free properly?
Jul 24, 2018, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut
What apps do you all use for android? Are there any free ones that let you alter the settings and save footage from the camera to your phone?
I've found one on Google play that gives an hour free use but then you have to pay are there any for free properly?
No.
Use Tomas Chladek's paid version.
Jul 24, 2018, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Your link only says the site is down for maintenance... nothing mentioned about that re-seller no longer being in business!???

For a vertical mount M1 with C2 lens, if you don't see them advertised in any of the re-seller sites, go to the eletoponline365 web site linked in the up-front InfoPost #2. They are the source for ALL verified Mobius cameras that re-sellers stock, and should be able to sell you one with the vertical mount CMOS lens module in it. They may not list it on their web pages, but as the info post says, if you don't see what you want listed in the web site, contact the site owner via their email link and ask.
Confirming we closed down last year. Thanks to everyone for their support. You can remove us from the list of vendors.
Jul 24, 2018, 09:41 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
No.
Use Tomas Chladek's paid version.
Thanks for your reply.

Quick Reply