The Mobius 1 ActionCam Support Thread (Posts #1-#7 mandatory reading!) - Page 1392 - RC Groups
May 31, 2018, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
The stabilization capability of the Mini is not effective for AV use. there is way too much motion for it to work. It's barely useful for hand held video use.
Thanks! It looks as the stabilization works great... this is a video of a friend which I thought he used a brushless gimbal, but not, it's the mini mobiuos with the stab on.
Look at the nose movements:

goblin2112 (4 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2018, 01:25 AM
Hi guys,
I have strange issue with new sd card.
Have bought 32Gb Kingston class 10 card (actually ordered class 4) but its not working with my Mobius cam.
The strangest this is that all the lights are blinking as they should but when Im checking card later there is nothing recorded. Have formatted card with mobisu but doesnt help.
Only thing what im suspecting is class 10 as i understand Mobius works better with class 4. But is it really so important?
Jun 04, 2018, 03:46 AM
Supersonic Engineering
There's numerous posts throughout this thread regarding the use of class 10 cards and how fickle they can be in the Mobius. The answer is to buy or borrow a class 4 card and give it a try.
Jun 04, 2018, 07:10 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Are you also sure it is a genuine card, and not a fake? Run the hwtest program to check!
Jun 06, 2018, 08:49 AM
I can fix it.
I did check the thread, but would still like to ask you all if you can recommend a light weight stabilizing gimbal to attach my Mobius 1 to my Hubsan X4 Quadcopter?

Thanks
Jun 07, 2018, 10:35 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte
I did check the thread, but would still like to ask you all if you can recommend a light weight stabilizing gimbal to attach my Mobius 1 to my Hubsan X4 Quadcopter?

Thanks
Did you go to the linked thread listed in InfoPost #1 for Mobius gimbal discussion?
Jun 13, 2018, 07:48 AM
Master Prop Breaker
Just smashed my beloved Mobius that I've owned since 2013 Had it mounted on top of a ridiculously powerful acro quad, lost orientation and hit the pavement full throttle camera first. Totally disintegrated, even the micro SD card was basically dust! Luckily I removed the internal lipo and used a 4V reg for power so no smoldering lipo, not that it would really matter.

Need to decide if I stay with the tried and true original or go with the Mobius 2. Any opinions??
Jun 13, 2018, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbarth
Just smashed my beloved Mobius that I've owned since 2013 Had it mounted on top of a ridiculously powerful acro quad, lost orientation and hit the pavement full throttle camera first. Totally disintegrated, even the micro SD card was basically dust! Luckily I removed the internal lipo and used a 4V reg for power so no smoldering lipo, not that it would really matter.

Need to decide if I stay with the tried and true original or go with the Mobius 2. Any opinions??
Go with the New MObius maxi (or the mini).
Jun 13, 2018, 08:25 AM
Quote:

As you may know, there is also a Mobius Maxi which uses the same DSP as the Mini. This is the latest camera in the Mobius series.
Both the Mobius 2 (M2) and the Maxi have their advantages and disadvantages.
As far as the number of parameter settings go, the original Mobius is still the winner.
The M2 is a good replacement if you need 1080 @ 60fps. This is the only Mobius camera to date that supports the H265 codec which means the recorded clips are almost half the size without noticeable quality loss. Because the buttons are at the side there is no holder. The M2 runs much cooler than the Maxi and probably the M1 as well. It is a very energy efficient camera but does not have webcam mode.
The Maxi can record at 2.7K @ 30fps, has a very large LED and has a holder. It gets very warm while recording and requires very fast cards. It has a gravity sensor meaning it can be used upside-down and will automatically record the image correctly (can be disabled).
All three cameras are very approximately the same weight and size and have the same LED colors for the recording modes.
The Mini is much smaller and also has a much smaller battery meaning it can only record ~30 minutes before the battery needs to be charged.
Jun 13, 2018, 08:59 AM
I use Minis on my smaller acro quads, running on external power. Most modern FCs will provide 5V/1A, but a 5V/2A BEC is only 1 gram anyway.
Jun 13, 2018, 01:59 PM
Master Prop Breaker
Man, I didn't even know about the Mobius Max! Hmmmmm... Very interesting! Looks like it will be my next cam..

RIP Mobius 1 To this day people still comment how clear the vids are. Groundbreaking camera!
Jun 13, 2018, 03:21 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Man, I didn't even know about the Mobius Max! Hmmmmm... Very interesting! Looks like it will be my next cam..

RIP Mobius 1 To this day people still comment how clear the vids are. Groundbreaking camera!
Chris skip the M2 any go for the Maxi. I have the M1 and M2 and the later is much better in clarity but the H265 has always bugged me with playability .

Pat
Jun 13, 2018, 03:54 PM
Keep Looking Up
First I have heard of the Maxi as well. I wish there was a waterproof housing and wider lens option. Oh well.

Might have to get a Chinese "action cam" gopro clone from gearbest or banggood for waterproof housing. Otherwise mobius maxi looks pretty cool.
Jun 13, 2018, 04:12 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX232
First I have heard of the Maxi as well. I wish there was a waterproof housing and wider lens option. Oh well.

Might have to get a Chinese "action cam" gopro clone from gearbest or banggood for waterproof housing. Otherwise mobius maxi looks pretty cool.
Take a look at Tophatter for instant 90 second auctions. They always have the cheap knock of action cams.

I just bought one for $5.00 plus $11.00 shipping but it hasn't arrived yet. The specs say 1080P but I'm not holding my breath.

Pat

https://tophatter.com/catalogs/searc...ery=action+cam
Jun 13, 2018, 04:20 PM
Keep Looking Up
I was thinking maybe something like these-

https://www.gearbest.com/action-came...ml?wid=1433363

But I dunno.. need more research. Mobius Maxi is all I need if it had waterproof housing..

Quick Reply