Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 16, 2018, 09:42 AM
My Mobius is having a very short on time on home recording over a table .. and it seems heat related.

If you put it to record .. after less than 5m the yellow light gets fixed and its not recording and the video file is lost.. you can turn it off and on again and record again.. and it seems quite warm.. not very (can touch without problem) but more than warm

however if you blow air over it it works much longer.. the heatsink is hot..so it seems its making proper contact with the board or otherwise it wouldnt get hot.. i tought it would be a battery issue.. but swaped in a brand new 800 (original is also 800) battery with same results..
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2018, 05:22 PM
Since heat related, sounds like broken/poor solder joint somewhere... could be anywhere. I would reseat the lens cable first off, but you might need freeze spray to troubleshoot the board with all guts out of the chassis. Not much help as all this is common for this kind of problem.
May 16, 2018, 05:31 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahoku

Yes, you can use the syscfg file, but having a file created with set parameters on a computer is basically the same as setting the camera up before I leave home. The app allows for making changes on the fly in the field while using your phone or tablet....
You may have missed my point. If you have a separate card for each of your favorite settings with the config file on each one with it's "read only" flag set, you can change to any of those settings over and over in the field without a computer or phone APP by simply inserting the card and writing the config to the camera. It's not as flexible as a phone App where you can mix and match settings, but if you only have 2 or three settings that you normally use, it's a fast and easy way to change settings in the field if you don't have a phone/App.
May 16, 2018, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
You may have missed my point. If you have a separate card for each of your favorite settings with the config file on each one with it's "read only" flag set, you can change to any of those settings over and over in the field without a computer or phone APP by simply inserting the card and writing the config to the camera. It's not as flexible as a phone App where you can mix and match settings, but if you only have 2 or three settings that you normally use, it's a fast and easy way to change settings in the field if you don't have a phone/App.
Yes, I missed your point of using multiple cards, and yes, I didn't consider it. However, the app is way easier and more flexible... besides, I don't have that many cards, much less want to label each one for different settings, or two or three, etc settings. Of course, I could just bring my laptop along on my trips, but that too is less convenient than the app on my phone.
May 22, 2018, 05:08 AM
Just do that I do not make a fool of myself, what is an M1 Mobius, and an M2 Mobius??

BC
May 22, 2018, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
Just do that I do not make a fool of myself, what is an M1 Mobius, and an M2 Mobius??

BC
M1 is the original Mobius, M2 is the much newer Mobius 2.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 22, 2018, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
M1 is the original Mobius, M2 is the much newer Mobius 2.
Is there any way of telling them apart?? Not sure how old mine is.

BC
May 22, 2018, 11:14 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
Is there any way of telling them apart?? Not sure how old mine is.

BC
There is a separate thread dedicated to the M2 here. Each thread has pictures of the cameras and changes made to them shown in the first few "InfoPosts" in each thread. Look at those and compare with what you have.
May 22, 2018, 12:10 PM
and then there is a new thread for the newly release MObius Maxi ...

May 23, 2018, 12:51 PM

mobius 2 responds once on 2 !

Hello everybody,

My mobius 2 responds once on 2 ! when I turn it on, shuter and mode button not respond, auto poweroff after 30sec in standby as well. I can just turn it off with power button, and try again this time it works.

Note: firmware version: 2.14
and it goes on like that, it works once in two ...

Thanks and sorry for my bad english ^^
Last edited by smry; May 23, 2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: error typing
May 26, 2018, 07:58 PM
Master Prop Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Put a piece of black electrical tape over the LED. It is light proof.
Yeah, that's what I thought but was busted by the wife while trying out the spy features of the Mobius. Black Scotch 33 is too stretchy! Dont judge, a guy has to do what a guy has to do! Should of used the GUI to control LEDs..
May 27, 2018, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbarth
Yeah, that's what I thought but was busted by the wife while trying out the spy features of the Mobius. Black Scotch 33 is too stretchy! Dont judge, a guy has to do what a guy has to do! Should of used the GUI to control LEDs..

May 30, 2018, 01:52 PM
I bought this Mini Mobius and wondered if these settings are the right ones to get the best stabilized video on an FPV fixed wing. BTW, i'm on firmware v0.92 , is it recommended to upgrade?
May 30, 2018, 02:37 PM
MObius Mini has its own thread...
Looks like 0.92 is the last one. Check over there.
May 30, 2018, 07:28 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst
I bought this Mini Mobius and wondered if these settings are the right ones to get the best stabilized video on an FPV fixed wing. BTW, i'm on firmware v0.92 , is it recommended to upgrade?
The stabilization capability of the Mini is not effective for AV use. there is way too much motion for it to work. It's barely useful for hand held video use.

Quick Reply