The Mobius 1 ActionCam Support Thread (Posts #1-#7 mandatory reading!) - Page 1387 - RC Groups
Apr 02, 2018, 05:27 AM
W10 sucks in that regard. I struggled for hours on 2 different W10 confusers to get something to work - the GUI for Headtracker. Eventually, after trying to download drivers, etc., I picked the only thing that I had not done. In the Device Driver usb menu there was a tab to revert to an earlier version of some driver (not that it would tell you what that may be, or possible consequences of stabbing at that option). I was very apprehensive, worried about other things that have always worked but may now get clobbered (like using dynamite to flush out a rat from under your garage?). Well, I chose it and suddenly everything worked ok. Including all of those other things that connect to usb ports that had worked all along. I still have no idea what this magic option really did.

I hope you can stumble onto this, or a similar fix. Be aware of "experts" (from out in the Googleverse) who will tell you to reload Windows or other such drastic action! If your car radio stops working, you would not expect to have to swap out the engine, would you?

There is , in my opinion, little or no rational for what this crappy operating system does at times.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2018, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know if there's a UK-friendly source for a replacement 520 mAh Lipo?

The one in my very early Mobius has died completely ... the capacity was enough to keep the clock running when I last used it, but now I no longer get a charge light. The 820 mAh seems standard now - I'd prefer the slightly lighter original size as I only ever use the camera with external power.
Apr 07, 2018, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Does anyone know if there's a UK-friendly source for a replacement 520 mAh Lipo?

The one in my very early Mobius has died completely ... the capacity was enough to keep the clock running when I last used it, but now I no longer get a charge light. The 820 mAh seems standard now - I'd prefer the slightly lighter original size as I only ever use the camera with external power.
If you only ever use it when powered externally, look into the super capacitor modification. Works wonders.
I’ve been using the capacitor mod for 3 or more years. In a dash cam installation. The capacitor handles the Australian summmer heat no issues. Same cant be said for the lipo.

Jason.
Apr 07, 2018, 11:25 AM
Hmm ... interesting idea. How long will a super cap setup keep the internal clock powered for? In the meantime I've ordered an 820 mAh Lipo as that seems to be all that's available now.
Apr 07, 2018, 01:40 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Hmm ... interesting idea. How long will a super cap setup keep the internal clock powered for? In the meantime I've ordered an 820 mAh Lipo as that seems to be all that's available now.
The 820ah battery fits snugly in my old mobius Bill and the weight difference is negligible. I'm on my second and bought two last time so I have a spare which may come in handy for my mobius 2 when it does.

I still prefer the video from the M1 even though the M2 is a lot sharper.

Pat
Apr 07, 2018, 02:32 PM
OK cheers Pat, I'll stick the 820 in and see how it goes. It's on a small brushless gimbal so I was a bit worried about a change in weight as that could affect the balance. The gimbal was custom made (by me!) for the camera and there's no adjustment short of taking it apart and drilling new holes for the roll motor.
Apr 09, 2018, 04:52 PM
Put the 820 Lipo in tonight ... bit the bullet and moved the roll motor on the gimbal to correct the balance - all good now.
Apr 10, 2018, 04:07 AM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Put the 820 Lipo in tonight ... bit the bullet and moved the roll motor on the gimbal to correct the balance - all good now.
Great result Bill, hope it serves you well for a while. I love my Mobius 1 and it's been through two oven re-bakes and one new electret microphone which are a dime a dozen.

Pat6
Apr 10, 2018, 07:07 AM
Yup the M1 is still pretty good for gentle stuff where you don't need 60FPS. Had mine nearly 5 years now! I use Mobius Minis on my small quads though.
Today, 06:10 PM
Hi guys,
Haven't posted in a long time because things were going so well... I thought!. However, I just noticed something peculiar that I didn't notice before with firmware 2.41. It seems they cropped the sensor and the FOV is narrower now???

I know the 2.41 firmware has been out for a long time, (with no updates), but I only noticed it now while reviewing some old videos.

Here's a comparison screen capture taken with firmware 2.25 (I think!) versus firmware 2.41. You can see the FOV is narrower with 2.41. Anyone know why they did this?

I liked my camera better with the old firmware and I can install it, but the Mobius Actioncam app (by Tomas Chladek) won't run with firmware lower than 2.41... which sucks big time!

I don't want to get stuck with 2.41. Can the firmware guys fix the FOV please!

Sorry, I did search a "lot" in threads and google but couldn't find specifics on this variation in FOV between different firmwares.

Thanks!

Quick Reply