Mar 10, 2018, 01:57 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
You can transfer your old A lens to the new module, if you wish.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2018, 09:43 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC
The ribbon cable on the CMOS module of my Mobius is dated 2013-08-02. I believe my CMOS module needs replaced as I have sound but no video. I have tried all of the suggestions I have come across and nothing has fixed this issue. If I get a new CMOS module will it work with the case of my Mobius? I read at the beginning of this thread "revisions to widen the CMOS module slots were made in May 2015 to accept the thicker revised CMOS module tabs." If I get a new A2 or C2 CMOS module will it work with my case or will I have to get a new case as well?

Also, since I have to get a new CMOS and lens any recommendations between the A2 or C2? I use my Mobius as a flight cam. I have only had the original A lens so I don't have much of a reference.

Thank you for any assistance in advance.

TechJunkieRC
Brian
Does your camera boot, and start blinking the blue LED, a signal the camera has found a failure in it's boot-up system check? A faulty CMOS will usually generate that trouble sign. If it boots normally, but just does not have any video on the recording, it may not be a faulty CMOS module. You DID remove the lens cap, right? Sorry, had to ask, because this failure mode has happened in the past here.

When you order a new CMOS module, you might get a new case with it. I think the direct vendor (eletoponline365) linked in post #2 does that. Inquire with whichever vendor you order from.

Your lens A was replaced by lens A2, and it has the narrowest FOV (field of view) and the largest image in the recorded video. If you want wider, go with one of the other lenses. It's your choice, and any recommendations from others would be their preference which may not match yours. Wider FOV lenses also have more noticeable fisheye distortion but less distracting scene movement when the camera shakes. Comparison images of available lenses is shown here.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Mar 10, 2018 at 09:53 AM.
Mar 10, 2018, 04:05 PM
Gone Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Does your camera boot, and start blinking the blue LED, a signal the camera has found a failure in it's boot-up system check? A faulty CMOS will usually generate that trouble sign. If it boots normally, but just does not have any video on the recording, it may not be a faulty CMOS module. You DID remove the lens cap, right? Sorry, had to ask, because this failure mode has happened in the past here.

When you order a new CMOS module, you might get a new case with it. I think the direct vendor (eletoponline365) linked in post #2 does that. Inquire with whichever vendor you order from.

Your lens A was replaced by lens A2, and it has the narrowest FOV (field of view) and the largest image in the recorded video. If you want wider, go with one of the other lenses. It's your choice, and any recommendations from others would be their preference which may not match yours. Wider FOV lenses also have more noticeable fisheye distortion but less distracting scene movement when the camera shakes. Comparison images of available lenses is shown here.
Tom,

Great questions. Yes the lens cap was removed and the camera functions normally, just a black screen. It wasn't crashed or hit in any way. Sound is normal and the length of the video seems normal, just no image. I have reformatted the SD card and refreshed the firmware. I tried another SD card as well. There also is no video when used as a webcam. All things considered it works perfectly until you watch a black screen with sound and no video.

I don't want to waste my money buying another CMOS if that isn't likely the issue. I was hoping that might do it and get the Mobius running again. Great camera and I was hoping to have two for this flying season. It may be best to simply purchase another camera if the symptoms of my Mobius are not definitive enough to diagnose. By the time I purchase another CMOS, and if I have to then get another logic board, I will almost have as much in it as just buying another one that has a warranty.

Thank you for your reply.

TechJunkieRC
Brian
Mar 17, 2018, 10:46 AM
I am having trouble configuring the capacitor. The file is not getting saved. Would someone share their "Screen Shoot" of the settings? Thanks

Never mind, I figured it out.
Last edited by AlouetteII; Mar 17, 2018 at 03:17 PM.
Mar 17, 2018, 10:37 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC
Tom,

Great questions. Yes the lens cap was removed and the camera functions normally, just a black screen. It wasn't crashed or hit in any way. Sound is normal and the length of the video seems normal, just no image. I have reformatted the SD card and refreshed the firmware. I tried another SD card as well. There also is no video when used as a webcam. All things considered it works perfectly until you watch a black screen with sound and no video.

I don't want to waste my money buying another CMOS if that isn't likely the issue. I was hoping that might do it and get the Mobius running again. Great camera and I was hoping to have two for this flying season. It may be best to simply purchase another camera if the symptoms of my Mobius are not definitive enough to diagnose. By the time I purchase another CMOS, and if I have to then get another logic board, I will almost have as much in it as just buying another one that has a warranty.

Thank you for your reply.

TechJunkieRC
Brian
Yes, if you get a new one, swap in the CMOS module (cable and all) from the new one into the old one for a test. If it works with the new module, then you'll know for sure.

Wait! Also check your configuration. In the video Mode 1 and Mode 2 groups there is a toggle for File Type. If that some how got set to "WAV", that turns off the video and just records the audio!
Mar 18, 2018, 05:59 PM
KnowWhatIMean
Quick question:

Mobius action camera. STSCFG file fw 1.20 ( understand I am on old fw )

I like to set up Mode 1 with Movie high dynamic range=[0 ];set movie high dynamic range,0ff,1 n,2 :Enhanced Brightness.

I like to set mode 2 with Movie high dynamic range=[1];set movie high dynamic range,0 ff,1n,2 :Enhanced Brightness.

Would that mean my fw is old and not allowed and I need to update to a higher firmware. Looks like Mode 1 and mode 2 share the same profile here. Also would the Mobius 2 allow that that is a separate question to the question I am asking now, thanks for the help?

See below Ignore the emotcon due to site

Date time=[2016/01/06-04:04:54];date time setting,format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss

Video Mode 1 resolution=[0];Movie resolution setting,0:1080p(Large AOV),1:1080p(Small AOV),2:720p(Large AOV),3:720p(Small AOV)
Video Mode 1 Frame Rate=[2];Movie frame rate setting,1:60fps (only for 720p small AOV), 2:30fps
Video Mode 2 resolution=[0];Movie resolution setting,0:1080p(Large AOV),1:1080p(Small AOV),2:720p(Large AOV),3:720p(Small AOV)
Video Mode 2 Frame Rate=[2];Movie frame rate setting,1:60fps (only for 720p small AOV), 2:30fps

Photo Mode Capture Size=[1];set photo size,0:2304x1536,1:1920x1080,2:1280x720
Set Time Lapse Shooting=[3],0ff,1:0.25s,2:0.5s,3:1s,4:2s,5:5s,6:10s,7:30s,8 :60s
Photo Flip=[0];set Photo rotate,0ff,1:flip on

Movie cycle time=[4];movie cycle time,0:3 minutes,1:5 minutes,2:10 minutes,3:15 minutes,4:max to 4G byte,
Movie Loop Recording=[0];set loop recording on or off,0ff,1n,
Time stamp=[0];set date/time stamp on or off,0ff,1n,
Movie sound=[1];set movie sound,0:mute,1n,
Movie Flip=[0];set movie rotate,0:both off,1:mode 1 on and mode 2 off,2:mode 1 off and mode 2 on,3:both on,
Movie quality=[0];set movie quality,set movie data rate,0:Super,1:Standard,2:Low,
Movie high dynamic range=[1];set movie high dynamic range,0ff,1n,2:Enhanced Brightness.

Power on=[1];set system power on time,0:delay,1:fast
Power off=[1];set system auto power off time when system pending,0ff,1:30 seconds,2:1 minutes,3:2 minutes,
Auto Record with External Power=[0];set connect with power to start video recording automatically,0ff,1n,
One Power Button to Auto Record=[0];set press power key to start video recording automatically,0ff,1n,
Auto Off with External Power disconnected=[0],0:Immediately,1:delay 10s;2:record to low battery power off,
LED=[1];set LED flicker when recording,0ff,1n,
Charge from USB Host=[0]; when connecting with USB host, charge camera or not,0n,1ff
Lens option =[0];select lens,0:lens A,1:lens B
Light frequency =[1];set light source frequency,0:50 HZ,1:60 HZ

TV out=[0];set Tv out,0:NTSC,1:PAL,
TV Display Ratio=[0];set display ratio,0:4*3,1:16*9

Motion Detect=[0];set motion detect,0ff,1n
Motion Detect Timeout=[2];set motion detect timeout,0:5s,1:15s,2:30s,3:60s
Motion Detect Sensitivity=[0];set motion detect Sensitivity,0:high,1:nomal,2:low

White Balance=[0];Set White Balance,0:Auto,1:Sunny,2:Cloudy,3:Tungsten,4:Fluor escent,5:Custom WB1,6:Custom WB2,7:Custom WB3
Sunny(5000-6500K) used for sunny with clear sky(Rgain=301,Ggain=256,Bgain=368);
Cloudy(9000-10000K) used for shade or heavily overcast sky(Rgain=301,Ggain=256,Bgain=384);
Tungsten(2500-3500K) used for Tungsten bulb (or called Incandescent light)(Rgain=184,Ggain=256,Bgain=711);
Fluorescent(4000-5000K) used for fluorescent lamps(Rgain=333,Ggain=256,Bgain=525);
Customized White Balance 1 Red Gain=[256],Green Gain=[256],Blue Gain=[256];
Customized White Balance 2 Red Gain=[256],Green Gain=[256],Blue Gain=[256];
Customized White Balance 3 Red Gain=[256],Green Gain=[256],Blue Gain=[256];
Set red ,green,blue gain,256 is 1x gain,value from 100 to 999;

Color Effect=[0];Set Color Effect,0:Standard,1:Mono,2:Sepia,3:Cool,4:Cooler,5 :Warm,6:Warmer,7:Vivid
Exposure Value= [0] ;Exposure compensation,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,
Contrast= [0] ;Set Contrast,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,
Saturation= [0] ;Set Image Saturation,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,
Sharpness= [0] ;Set Image Sharpness,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,

{TLCAM MOV:TLCAM Mobius ActionCam 2014/03/17 v1.20}
{LDTLCAM,v003}
Last edited by crave; Mar 18, 2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: correcting and finishing it
Mar 18, 2018, 06:28 PM
Dance the skies...
Reply in Green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crave
Quick question:

Mobius action camera. STSCFG file fw 1.20 ( understand I am on old fw )

I like to set up Mode 1 with Movie high dynamic range=[0 ];set movie high dynamic range,0ff,1 n,2 :Enhanced Brightness.

I like to set mode 2 with Movie high dynamic range=[1];set movie high dynamic range,0 ff,1n,2 :Enhanced Brightness.

Would that mean my fw is old and not allowed and I need to update to a higher firmware. Looks like Mode 1 and mode 2 share the same profile here.

Yes. Your FW is ancient! See the mandatory reading info post #3. Also, If you are using the mSetup.exe config tool for Windows, be sure you also download the latest version when you download the latest FW to assure compatibility with the FW.

Also would the Mobius 2 allow that that is a separate question to the question I am asking now, thanks for the help?
Yes
Mar 18, 2018, 06:49 PM
KnowWhatIMean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Reply in Green.
Thank you. .
Mar 19, 2018, 06:44 PM
KnowWhatIMean
I tried the firmware the file.bin into the camera's drive. Press on a blue led on top lites. let go the orange led comes on solid ready for recording.

when viewed drive firmware is not on . Where I stand thank you
Mar 19, 2018, 07:45 PM
Dance the skies...
If you copy the ,bin file to the root folder of you card, and then turn the camera of, then back on, it s should load the new FW. Wait until all LEB flashing occurs before you try the camera. It should have the ne FW installed then.
Mar 23, 2018, 05:43 PM
ok, haven't used my mobiuses in a while, but today i noticed that my option :

"power on - auto record" function is only working if there is no external power source (powerbank)... if i connect a powerbank, the led turns on but doesn't start to record, and after 30 secs shuts down.... the only solution is to press power button + record button when on powerbank...

anyone had this problem?
Mar 25, 2018, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos1911
ok, haven't used my mobiuses in a while, but today i noticed that my option :

"power on - auto record" function is only working if there is no external power source (powerbank)... if i connect a powerbank, the led turns on but doesn't start to record, and after 30 secs shuts down.... the only solution is to press power button + record button when on powerbank...

anyone had this problem?
It sounds like your camera is turning on in standby mode when using the powerbank, then turning off after 30 seconds of no activity. There is more than one option available in the 'power on - auto record' setting. Make sure that either 'external' or 'both' is selected in order to auto record with a powerbank.
Mar 25, 2018, 07:52 AM
if i set it up the way you described, the problem is that the cameras start recording as soon as i connect powerbanks to them (and i don't want/need that) . so i will have to stop the recording on both of them when i connect them for the first time.... a third option would be nice
Mar 27, 2018, 06:10 AM
hi all , just found that my new windows 10 doesn't like the mobius gui . i've downloaded the latest gui - it boots up and the cam appears but when i click it windows says - cannot run this program .
i have a mobius 1 on the original fw from approx 3 years ago .
yes , i have read the first page but cannot find any info .
can someone please help ?
Mar 27, 2018, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos1911
if i set it up the way you described, the problem is that the cameras start recording as soon as i connect powerbanks to them (and i don't want/need that) . so i will have to stop the recording on both of them when i connect them for the first time.... a third option would be nice
What do you want the camera to do? Turn on when you connect external power, but stay in standby mode rather than record? If so, you should set "power on - auto record" to OFF, and "power-off standby" to OFF. That way the camera will turn on when you connect to the powerbank and stay turned on in standby mode, waiting for you to press the record button.

Quick Reply