The Mobius 1 ActionCam Support Thread (Posts #1-#7 mandatory reading!) - Page 1379 - RC Groups
Jan 03, 2018, 05:06 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
Hi

Does anyone know what the current draw of the camera is? Mine's got a supercap if that matters. I want to use the Mobius in a RMRC Recruit. My VTX has a 5V output and I was wondering if I could power the Mobius from that. The FPV camera is powered direct from the 3S LiPo, so there's nothing using the 5V at the moment.

Owen
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 09:24 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo
Hi

Does anyone know what the current draw of the camera is? Mine's got a supercap if that matters. I want to use the Mobius in a RMRC Recruit. My VTX has a 5V output and I was wondering if I could power the Mobius from that. The FPV camera is powered direct from the 3S LiPo, so there's nothing using the 5V at the moment.

Owen
The Mobius is going to draw more current than the FPV camera if it is recording than the FPV camera does shooting only video out. External power of the M1 is recommended to be capable of 5V +/- .25V USB power with 1A continuous current capability. That said, you'd be better off powering the M1 via suitable UBEC off your flight pack, and powering the FPV-only camera from your FPV source if it can match tha camera power requirements.
Jan 04, 2018, 02:26 AM
I've searched but found no fix.... C2 lens cap fits like crap..... is there a good cap out there ? Thanks.
Jan 05, 2018, 06:14 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
The Mobius is going to draw more current than the FPV camera if it is recording than the FPV camera does shooting only video out. External power of the M1 is recommended to be capable of 5V +/- .25V USB power with 1A continuous current capability. That said, you'd be better off powering the M1 via suitable UBEC off your flight pack, and powering the FPV-only camera from your FPV source if it can match tha camera power requirements.
OK

I decided to put a battery in it again. That way it's not connected to anything in the plane. Less spaghetti and less risk of interference from the avionics.

Owen
Jan 07, 2018, 04:34 PM
Master Prop Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by smewr
I've searched but found no fix.... C2 lens cap fits like crap..... is there a good cap out there ? Thanks.
Blue painters tape??? Hey, it works, removes dust at the same time!
Jan 07, 2018, 10:19 PM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbarth
blue painters tape??? hey, it works, removes dust at the same time!
Jan 12, 2018, 02:32 AM
I ordered a couple of Mobius batteries from eletoponline in November that got lost (or confiscated?) in shipment by Singapore Post, so I reordered and got this reply.

Quote:
Thanks for your email and payment. My friend, I am very sorry tell you that it is not accept to ship the battery through charger case now, on 2018. We are trying to find other way now, the China Post may accept it and it will need to pay extra USD5 for registered airmail shipping. Do you try it? If you have good ideas to ship battery, you can kindly tell us.
I sent another $5.00, but it sounds like it isn't certain yet that China Post will ship it.

EDIT: Banggood has Mobius batteries for $4.84 plus $2.50 for shipping by "Air Parcel Registry." (I ordered 2, since getting these from China might be getting tougher if shippers crack down more, and it was still just $2.50 for shipping both.)

https://www.banggood.com/Mobius-3_7V...r_warehouse=CN
Last edited by RogerDH; Jan 12, 2018 at 03:00 AM.
Jan 12, 2018, 02:15 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH
I ordered a couple of Mobius batteries from eletoponline in November that got lost (or confiscated?) in shipment by Singapore Post, so I reordered and got this reply.

I sent another $5.00, but it sounds like it isn't certain yet that China Post will ship it.

EDIT: Banggood has Mobius batteries for $4.84 plus $2.50 for shipping by "Air Parcel Registry." (I ordered 2, since getting these from China might be getting tougher if shippers crack down more, and it was still just $2.50 for shipping both.)

https://www.banggood.com/Mobius-3_7V...r_warehouse=CN
Is the battery the same for the M1 and the M2 ?

I've bought the 870 mah from bangood before so I may buy a spare for each.

Pat
Jan 12, 2018, 09:11 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Bangood are out of stock again. Nowhere else to get them that I know of.
Jan 13, 2018, 05:14 PM
Master Prop Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by coongoola
Maybe order a single cell lipo around 800mAh. Solder on the wire/connector from the old battery and insulate any exposed terminations. Take careful measurements though, I had a 3s 850mAh pack that I cannibalized for a single cell. The harvested cell was just a hair too big. Might have been because it was a high current rated cell, I don't think the Mobius would need anything more than a 10C lipo cell.
Jan 13, 2018, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coongoola
They have the 820mAh battery for the Mobius 2 as well as the Mobius 1. (I don't know if it's the same battery.)
Jan 13, 2018, 10:31 PM
I'd rather be flying!
These guys also have the batts in stock. I bought my ActionCam from 'em. Not sure what shipping to Australia would cost, though...

https://www.buymobius.com/collections/mobius-batteries

Joel

Quick Reply