The Mobius 1 ActionCam Support Thread (Posts #1-#7 mandatory reading!) - Page 1001 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 20, 2015, 01:01 PM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by msavard
When shooting in time lapse mode (1-3 second mode if it matters), how does that impact battery life. For example, the mobius with expanded battery seems to run about 2 hours of shooting video. How does time lapse mode impact battery life?
My experience is that you get about 10% longer recording time in timelapse mode compared to full video. Not much more, but a little...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2015, 01:01 PM
Ascended Master
I've been getting disturbed by a night-time prowler. I've tested the Modius in motion-detect outside, and it works fine... but.. with an external high-capacity battery installed to run all night, the RTC doesn't run, so each file when motion is detected starts off with the same date and time.
I've tried it with the internal battery and the external battery at the same time, and it seems to work OK.
I want to use it in web-cam mode, because the video output can be USB'd to a tablet in the house, so if the camera vanishes in the night, the recording will be safe.
What is a good webcam program to use for this?
Preferrably one that only records when the camera is running, making smallish files in the tablet instead of one night long file?
With the lighting by the motion sensing lights, the Mobius gives a full-color file.
This one triggered by the local Security Patrol vehicle passing by.
Last edited by Sparky Paul; Apr 20, 2015 at 01:46 PM.
Apr 20, 2015, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdraft83
Have you tried to record a video when the mobius is sitting on the table? Cos mine records fine when it's sitting nice and still

Adding tape to the card didn't help. Tried even moving the card with a screwdriver when it was recording in the hopes to reproduce the problem but didn't cause any issues. Recorded just fine.
I got my Mobius to record again. It seems to work if I don't enable the auto-record-on-power-on-feature. So now I just have to remember to start the recording. I discovered that it freezes on my table after some time and is really hot But I have no problems when flying.
Apr 20, 2015, 01:21 PM
Mobius ActionCam Wide Lens
Hello guys.
I have a huge problem. If this is the wrong thread to ask, i appologize in advance and i beg a moderator to move this question where it belongs.
I have 4 mobius-es.

Two of them were bought in 2014. Both are B lens.
The first one was used every day as a dash cam or bike cam. No problem at all, but after a year i needed to change the battery because it lasted only 30mins. No biggie. Cheap.

The second one, was used as a spy/dash once a month, or so. It was bought in 25-09-2014 and now it's broken out of the sudden.

It opens, it starts to record about 10seconds, then it has 2 options. Either the camera will get suck on blue led without the rear red led lit. Either the blue led flashes once then the red led flashes multiple times then it will shut down and it doesn't turn back on. Neither by button.

Sometimes the pc sees the camera, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, just the green led stays lit. Sometimes, the pc sees the camera ok, and i can see the recordings on the microsd.

I dissasembled both the cameras, and i switched the lens the battery and the microsd. The first camera that was ok, is ok with the broken ones card/lens/battery, so i can rule this out.
It's something with the motherboard i think.

I tried to switch the firmware when the computer saw the camera with succes of changing, but with no success in working afterwards. Still records a few seconds and crashes.
Tried the reset button, tried everything. What else can i do ?

This is the camera:
20150420 203314 (1 min 38 sec)
Apr 20, 2015, 02:11 PM
High Plains Drifter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH
Guys, please: This is the support thread; there is a separate thread for just posting videos.
Sorry, I thought flying vids were welcome on this thread, but maybe the reference to them in post #1 is for problem related vids?

The reference is kind of vague and maybe needs clarified?
Maybe Tom can clarify it for us? I apologize if I interpreted it wrong, and will cease with the entertainment type of vids.
Apr 20, 2015, 02:36 PM
q {bld(); fly(); brk(); q();}
Does anyone know if this battery would work as a lighter battery? http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX1...-p-930476.html

Looking to shave some weight off the camera and I only need power for saving after power down. Not sure if the charging mechanism would be the same?

It's this or a super cap. The price sure seems reasonable.
Apr 20, 2015, 03:20 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH
Guys, please: This is the support thread; there is a separate thread for just posting videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude
Sorry, I thought flying vids were welcome on this thread, but maybe the reference to them in post #1 is for problem related vids?

The reference is kind of vague and maybe needs clarified?
Maybe Tom can clarify it for us? I apologize if I interpreted it wrong, and will cease with the entertainment type of vids.
When I started this thread, it was the ONLY Mobius thread here, and being in the aerial photography forum, it was my intent for the thread to have support information that would help users with the camera for aerial video purposes. And posting of interesting AV clips was part of the plan to show what the camera can do. Then, more people started using the camera for other than non-AV purposes and starting posting videos and questions here about those other uses (e.g. car/bike recordings, etc.). It was then I added to post#1 links to other threads and forums that deal more specifically with those other uses. The Mobius Owner's thread here was subsequently started by someone else designed as a place to discuss anything under the sun about the Mobius.

I personally don't mind that links to AV shot with the Mobius are posted here, but I do think that many are too long or get quickly boring if they are not edited to keep a viewer's interest. Here's some hints I gave long ago in the #11 808 camera thread I started. If linked videos adhere to these tips, I don't mind them, but so often a single post with a video link spawns all kinds of follow-up posts, from simple things like "Nice, what's the location?, to "What was that aircraft that you used and how did you attach the Mobius?". Those start running off topic posts between two users, which should be handled with the personal mail feature this forum has so thousands or others don't have to wade through them. The alternative is to post in the Owner's thread as was suggested where off-topic follow-up exchanges don't seem to be an issue there.

Also, posting the same post in more than one forum is against this web site's user policy and should never be done.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Apr 20, 2015 at 03:45 PM.
Apr 20, 2015, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist
Does anyone know if this battery would work as a lighter battery? http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX1...-p-930476.html

Looking to shave some weight off the camera and I only need power for saving after power down. Not sure if the charging mechanism would be the same?

It's this or a super cap. The price sure seems reasonable.
I'd say a 100maH battery is iffy for this reason:
My new camera with 820maH battery draws USB 450mA when charging only. That would be charging a 100maH battery at 4.5C. I think this is high and potentially dangerously so.

Post #7 lists a charging current of 186mA. Perhaps this is for an older Mobius/500maH battery? I would think this rate is high but not out of order for the CX10 battery (Banggood lists a 30minute charge time for that battery, or 2C).

Edit: For some reason the total USB draw goes down when the camera is on, to perhaps 300mA(Standby) or 400mA(Recording) but varying. Guessing the camera draw, this might put the charging in an acceptable range provided the camera is always on!
Last edited by Phecda; Apr 20, 2015 at 04:20 PM.
Apr 20, 2015, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee
There are systems that can survive that sort of thing, they live in space probes and/or guided missile, which cost "just a little more" than $70 - I'd bet that even the much vaunted $200+ ProGo suffers from similar problem.
Thanks for the explanation! Actually my GoPro never lost a file despite one crash where I was FPVing though it and the USB cable ripped the connecter out + fried the SD card... May be it's jut that the GoPro has the card 90 to the normal crash force?

So what you are saying is... a thicker card could help?
Apr 20, 2015, 04:49 PM
Ascended Master
Plugged into a 5 volt external pack and the internal battery... after 3 hours the battery says its fully charged. And the camera took 12 files during that time. I'd say it's safe to leave the internal battery connected with the external battery, to get the RTC information on the files.
Apr 20, 2015, 05:38 PM
Simple question I hope. I just got a Mobius. I read through the manual. I loaded the mSetup software. It shows v1.20 Mobius. I can not edit anything. What do I need to do?
Apr 20, 2015, 06:38 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmaprilia
Simple question I hope. I just got a Mobius. I read through the manual. I loaded the mSetup software. It shows v1.20 Mobius. I can not edit anything. What do I need to do?
You need to click on the writing that says mobius v1.20 to highlight it.....Then you can adjust, edit and update if required.
Apr 20, 2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks
Apr 20, 2015, 09:53 PM
deleted
Last edited by therau2000; Dec 19, 2015 at 06:33 PM.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn
Unforgettable Friday Flight "Na Hůrce" On Small Hill with Mobius B lens, ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz and my custom built Blunt Nose Versa.

https://youtu.be/DI3PTg8HdMY

Video is recorded in Narrow mode in 1920x1080 mode. Stabilized and fixed fisheye with prodrenaline.

Attachment 7789193
Something is very wrong with the post-processing. Why does it keep speeding up / slowing down? Is that an artifact of prodrenaline???