Nov 28, 2018, 04:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
It finds my camera with the correct video resolution and information but it says " Could not connect to the device".

This is for my Maxi so maybe I am in the wring thread. Is there something in the camera setup I need to change. I have mode 1 set to 1080P at 30 Hz.

Yes, wronf g thread, but if the Maxi is booted into web cam mode first (blue LED), AMcap should find and display the video output. Ay least it does on my W!) PC. Maybe one of the settings in Amcap is causing the problem?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2018, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX232 View Post
Wow this website is a disaster on a phone 😂🙄
It used to be OK, but lately it's been really slow - barely usable. Turning off WiFi and switching to mobile data seemed to improve things
Nov 29, 2018, 08:24 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM1 View Post
It used to be OK, but lately it's been really slow - barely usable. Turning off WiFi and switching to mobile data seemed to improve things
I think they made some changes last week as it was down for a couple of days. After that it has been much slower on all my computers. Did they switch to a slower/cheaper server or what? Whatever they did is was not good!

Does anyone know what they changes?

Nov 29, 2018, 11:08 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I think they made some changes last week as it was down for a couple of days. After that it has been much slower on all my computers. Did they switch to a slower/cheaper server or what? Whatever they did is was not good!

Does anyone know what they changes?

They migrated the site to new servers just recently. They confirmed that when I contacted them to report I can no longer attach a .zip file to my posts here, yet I can attach a .jpg file. There are a number of other complaints if you look on their contact link thread page. Apparently not all users are affected in the same ways. I haven't noticed any speed changes with my PC. I don't use a phone for any web activities that require reading the screen.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 29, 2018 at 03:13 PM.
Nov 29, 2018, 12:15 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
I had trouble uploading .jpg the last few dats
Nov 30, 2018, 01:35 AM
Keep Looking Up
On phone it was mainly the crazy ads and couldn't edit post, couldn't go to "last page" of a thread so they can collect more ads for each page view, stupid stuff like that.

And just very clunky and terrible in general on mobile. iPhone 7+ on Safari, Firefox, chrome, etc..

Anyways.... It's always been like that for me on a phone . PC still seems fine to me as always. Guess it's way off-topic but was just a comment out of frustration the other day.
Dec 11, 2018, 04:41 PM
Brett
I have a Mobius 1 and love her.

two small faults have happen

it records fine but wont read from sd card with short mini cable to PC like it use to
have checked solder on inside plug looks fine and tried another cable

second the SD card came out in a crash yesterday and im not sure if this was able to happen before
but I can pull on card with tweezers and it comes out ....(not with ease but vibration may do this)

if I could fix the first problem then card could be taped in

any ideas about card not reading by mini cable ?

Cheers
Brett

PS. yes have tried another card and formatted with SDFormatter

PPS. if I open up the Mobius Configurator it kicks it into life and reads from cable
Last edited by pmanu; Dec 11, 2018 at 04:49 PM.
Dec 11, 2018, 05:14 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanu View Post
I have a Mobius 1 and love her.

two small faults have happen

it records fine but wont read from sd card with short mini cable to PC like it use to
have checked solder on inside plug looks fine and tried another cable

second the SD card came out in a crash yesterday and im not sure if this was able to happen before
but I can pull on card with tweezers and it comes out ....(not with ease but vibration may do this)

if I could fix the first problem then card could be taped in

any ideas about card not reading by mini cable ?

Cheers
Brett

PS. yes have tried another card and formatted with SDFormatter

PPS. if I open up the Mobius Configurator it kicks it into life and reads from cable
Have you tried another cable. I had problems with the short cable but it works reliably with an old 2 meter long cable. Must be a timing problem with some computer/firmware combinations.

Dec 11, 2018, 05:57 PM
Brett
yes i did 3m and 1m cable. wonder if its dirty contacts in the mini usb ?
Dec 11, 2018, 11:33 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanu View Post
yes i did 3m and 1m cable. wonder if its dirty contacts in the mini usb ?
Have you tried different USB ports on your PC? I have some that work with a given cable and some that do not.
Dec 12, 2018, 01:16 AM
Brett
thanks for the reply, yes I have
it does the same

does the normal windows 7 " Beep Beep" like its connecting but nothing

weirdest thing is if I open up mobius configurator then I see the drive in explorer
Dec 12, 2018, 05:30 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Cables are sometimes wonky - you can try compressing the metal shroud slightly on the side with the seam - that makes the contact tighter.
Dec 12, 2018, 06:21 AM
Fidler & twidler
a small piece of sticky tape over the slot - easy to take off when you need to take the card out.
Dec 12, 2018, 09:08 PM
Brett
I tried my other cameras and they showed up straight away on the same cable,

it seems a problem it taking a long time to read the sd card before showing windows explorer that its even there to view. I tried a smaller 16gb card and same problem. something to do with the way the mobius is releasing the card info very slowly.

tape on card slot yes.

would a firmware re write help ?
Dec 13, 2018, 05:50 AM
A man with too many toys
Does Mobius have repair service in the US?

Quick Reply