Jun 01, 2013, 05:36 PM
Close enough
Gallery

June 1, 2013 Club Fly-In

We had a good turnout for today's club fly-in with 10 members including Mark, Ruben, Jack, Ross, Pat, Art, Tom, Marty, Russ and Marc. Temperatures were cool in the morning but warmed up nicely to about 80. Winds were a little high at 8-10 mph, mostly out of the north. But that didn't stop Ross and Pat from taking up their planes for a maiden flight.

I didn't get a shot of everyone who put a plane in the air (sorry Mark and Art), but I'll get you next time.

There was unfortunately a little blood-letting when a rotating prop contacted a thumb. Thankfully there was no permanent damage. But it's a reminder to everyone about the dangers in our hobby.

Marc
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2013, 05:43 PM
Close enough

Ross's Great Planes Bipe maiden

Ross got his beautiful Great Planes bi-plane in the air for its maiden. It's powered with the 20cc gasser borrowed from his Ibis. It's a very fast plane and highly aerobatic. And a fine looking plane on the ground and in the air.

Marc
Jun 01, 2013, 05:53 PM
Close enough

Pat's Cessna 182 Skylane

Pat brought out his very scale and highly detailed Cessna 182 Skylane for its maiden. You have to take a second glance at some of the photos to tell it's a model! :-)

Ross helped with the take-off and Pat took over once in the air. A downwind turn at low altitude preceded unintended ground contact. But I'm sure it'll be repaired and back in the air.

Marc
Jun 01, 2013, 05:57 PM
Close enough

Jack's Pitts and Ross's Edge

Some of the usual suspects were in the air today including Jack's Pitts and Ross's Edge (both gassers). These bigger planes had an easier time dealing with the crosswinds.

Marc
Jun 01, 2013, 06:05 PM
Close enough

Full Scale Cessna 182

This plane flew overhead, but my full scale plane spotting skills are known to be weak. So I looked up the tail number (N292CP) and found out it's a Civil Air Patrol Cessna 182 Skylane. Then I realized it's the same plane (to my eyes anyway) as Pat's model.

The balloons were on a trip to an unknown destination.

Marc
Jun 01, 2013, 06:55 PM
Great pics as usual Marc, need more of the Edge though.
Thanks,
Ross
Jun 01, 2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFlyer
This plane flew overhead, but my full scale plane spotting skills are known to be weak. So I looked up the tail number (N292CP) and found out it's a Civil Air Patrol Cessna 182 Skylane. Then I realized it's the same plane (to my eyes anyway) as Pat's model.

Marc
Nice pics, Marc. I've flown in 2 Charlie Papa. They were probably doing what CAP calls Lake Patrol. In reality, it's a good excuse to do some low level flying over Abiquiu Reservoir (while providing cover should there be an emergency on the reservoir). Unfortunately, should there be an emergency, CAP doesn't have any way of contacting the folks on the ground.

Daren