May 31, 2013, 01:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Goldwing Pitts Python 30 cc - Feedback Please

Hello!
Any one out there has been flying the GW 30 cc Pitts Python?
Feedback on build quality, flying traits, weak areas, power choice in terms of gas or glow modification you made etc would be deeply appreciated
Happy landings
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2013, 01:53 PM
Planes & Falconry my passions
My friend has 2 GW 30cc yak 55.
He told me that in general the plane is ok but he had to fix some things. Some screw holes didn't align right and he also mention that the covering isn't great. It becomes kind of white if you leave the heat gun too long. I have seen him flying the planes and IMO they fly good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandrayan
Hello!
Feedback on build quality, flying traits, weak areas, power choice in terms of gas or glow modification you made etc would be deeply appreciated
Happy landings
May 31, 2013, 09:03 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Felip
I had a GW MXSR so I am aware of GW. I am. Specifically looking for information about the Pitts Bulldog/Python 30cc
The model seems to be sold out everywhere but not much of feedback or write up about it is available online

Any one who has owned or flown the model please pitch in
Aug 26, 2013, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
Hello folks, has any one here assembled and flown one? I have just started the assembly and need to exchange notes.
Aug 26, 2013, 07:26 AM
Sounds like a nice one
Goodluck
Aug 26, 2013, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
Machzx, yes the GW 50cc Pitts has quite a few references online on different forums but nothing much on the 30cc. And the 50cc does look and fly good. The 30cc size is not new in the market but I wonder how come no one did any review or build logs.
Last edited by mchandrayan; Aug 26, 2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: corrections
Sep 02, 2014, 06:15 PM
Hi, it seems some time has passed and there is still not much on here. It would have been nice if you started this thread then kept it going with your experiences. I hope you took lots of pictures and have some time to post them for me and others just getting started with this model. I found a great thread here:
http://pfmrc.eu/index.php?/topic/263...0cc-gold-wing/
Too bad I don't understand Polish. Perhaps someone could help me here. I have the model sitting at home waiting for me in the box. I have not ordered anything else because I don't really know what is in the box. I would like to order everything I need, so when I get home in a month I can build it quickly. Can someone please make up a list for me? Thank you!!!!!
Nov 04, 2014, 12:00 AM
If anyone needs the instructions they are here
http://generalhobby.com/manuals/pitts-30cc-manual.pdf
Aug 31, 2015, 11:12 PM
I just finished a General Hobby 30cc Pitts Beast Red/Black. 1st there is NO way this plane will come out under 10lbs. Even with a 30cc DLE that weighs 2lbs, you will have to add 2.5 to 3lbs to the nose for CG. I put a XYZ 53cc Twin that weighs 3.25 lbs...I still need 1/2LB on the nose. And everything is as far up as possible. Ignition batter (4.8 4cell Nmhd 1800mh), smoke pump and CDI are all on the engine box. Both receiver batteries (Two 1800 LIFE) are just behind the fire wall. Reciever is on top of the fuel tank on the CG. Plane weighs 13.5 lbs dry. I have the smoke tank just behind the lower wing and I fear it will be too tail heavy full. Using TG HD coreless digitals for all controls and a standard metal gear for throttle.
Aug 31, 2015, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Hello!
Happy landings
needs a lot of nose weight if your going to use a 30cc gasser. Use a XYZ 53cc twin from hobby king. 20X8 Beila 3 bladed carbon fiber prop and stub nub spinner. You will still need to add 1/2 lb to the nose and put the ignition batter and CDI on the engine box. I have a HD TG coreless servos from Red Wing RC on all controls. HK smoke pump and two turnigy 1800 LIFE with a JR receiver with 2 power leads. Plane weighs 13.5 lbs and I'm worried about the CG... we will see this weekend!!!
Aug 31, 2015, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfurna69
needs a lot of nose weight if your going to use a 30cc gasser. Use a XYZ 53cc twin from hobby king. 20X8 Beila 3 bladed carbon fiber prop and stub nub spinner. You will still need to add 1/2 lb to the nose and put the ignition batter and CDI on the engine box. I have a HD TG coreless servos from Red Wing RC on all controls. HK smoke pump and two turnigy 1800 LIFE with a JR receiver with 2 power leads. Plane weighs 13.5 lbs and I'm worried about the CG... we will see this weekend!!!
But I have to say, the model is well put together, great quality. I fly large gas and I'm over all impressed. Week link as will most planes is the landing gear. they are aluminum and seem to flex too much. I may go to carbon fiber if they don't do the job. It goes together very well, and parts are good. covering and alignment is almost perfect.
Sep 01, 2015, 03:32 AM
Thread OP
The GW one has carbon LG and yes it did require quite a substantial amount of nose weight to balance at the recommended CG, but over a period of time I removed almost thereby moving the CG rearwards. Never bothered to check where it is, just kept on removing little bits till I was satisfied. With a DLE 30 and xoar 19x8 the model flies good. Thinking of putting on a smoke setup with the smoke tank located in the removable cockpit hatch, a saddle tank would be perfect fit in there
Dec 05, 2015, 11:21 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Does anyone have pics or advice on how to run the wires from the top wings into the fuse? This is my first bipe build and I'm very confused.
Dec 06, 2015, 06:40 AM
Thread OP
I lead the servo wires from top wing out just near the rear cabane struts, cut two oval holes in the covering and sheeting and let about half inch of wire hang out and taped the holes so that the wires do not accidentally go back in.
From the fuse I lead out and extension along the rear cabane struts with small pieces of heat shrink tubing (shrunk on to hold the wire) and left the ends free to to mate with the top wings wire.
Once you have the top wings mounted and bolted, just plug in the wires from the wing to to the extensions from the fuse and use a keeper so that the plugs do not open in flight. Will try to take a picture or two and post as well. Hope this helps
Dec 06, 2015, 07:28 AM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Quote:
I lead the servo wires from top wing out just near the rear cabane struts, cut two oval holes in the covering and sheeting and let about half inch of wire hang out and taped the holes so that the wires do not accidentally go back in.
From the fuse I lead out and extension along the rear cabane struts with small pieces of heat shrink tubing (shrunk on to hold the wire) and left the ends free to to mate with the top wings wire.
Once you have the top wings mounted and bolted, just plug in the wires from the wing to to the extensions from the fuse and use a keeper so that the plugs do not open in flight. Will try to take a picture or two and post as well. Hope this helps
That is a big help. Thanks much. Pictures would also be great if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks again!

Quick Reply