May 30, 2013, 10:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Rebranded Hubsan X4v1?

I was checking the new arrivals on Banggood, and this was there:
http://www.banggood.com/JXD-385-2_4G...2-p-75491.html

Looks like Hubsan sold the remaining X4v1 and JXD rebranded it, looks exactly the same, but $3 cheaper and comes with an extra set of blades. You can choose in the original X4 colors plus the black/blue.
The only thing that got lost with that new Tx is the programmable feature, wich I love in the X4.
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2013, 03:02 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Good find, Tboost. And this Tx has a flip button?!? Interesting.
May 31, 2013, 03:05 AM
kiwi power!
hey bud, it's a clone, check the micro rtf forum for more info. I must say that other than the tx, it looks almost identical
amazing cloning skills.. that said, whether the fc is any good..thats anyones guess
May 31, 2013, 08:05 AM
Thread OP
Oh, its a clone? I mean, are you serious?...thought it was a rebranded X4, looks exactly the same. As you said, amazing cloning skills, even with the retail box!
The flip button was the first thing that caught my attention, I guess we will have to wait how the board is programmed to see if it worths it or not. Are you going to get a sample James?
If it performs almost as the original X4, and comes flysky compatible, we got a winner! LOL
May 31, 2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost
Oh, its a clone? I mean, are you serious?...thought it was a rebranded X4, looks exactly the same. As you said, amazing cloning skills, even with the retail box!
The flip button was the first thing that caught my attention, I guess we will have to wait how the board is programmed to see if it worths it or not. Are you going to get a sample James?
If it performs almost as the original X4, and comes flysky compatible, we got a winner! LOL
A very cheap clone more over .... I am almost interested to try this model, but what about the spare parts ? compatible ?
May 31, 2013, 02:10 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Clone or rebrand? I think it's too early to call it.

The Tx is the obvious difference. I watched the JXD video, and the 385 performed every bit like a real X4. The motor mount is also different. The top half of the X4 motors are fully exposed. The JXD has them in a cage, which might be a good thing against prop induced damages. In the video, you could hear a beep from the Tx just before the flip, so the Flip button definitely functions as one would expect. That might be a good thing, too.

What makes you guys think that it is a 'cheap' clone? I'd like to know. Unless we get some more hard data, there is just no telling what protocol it uses and whether it would bind to other controllers. I mean, if it does, and we are not bound by Hubsan's protocol. That might be a good thing, don't you think?
Jun 01, 2013, 04:14 AM
I think I just missed it. Out of stock and only 5 pieces sold.
Quote:
I was checking the new arrivals on Banggood...
That's all I can think right now: X4 version and flysky compatible. IMHO it would be almost perfect!
Quote:
...If it performs almost as the original X4, and comes flysky compatible, we got a winner! LOL
Last edited by dagob; Jun 01, 2013 at 04:43 AM.
Jun 01, 2013, 10:42 AM
kiwi power!
It's a clone for sure, this is coming directly from Banggood. That said, if it flies well and does all that the original does.. it might just be a winner indeed!

I heard that there's something even more interesting (slightly related) coming very soon..though I can't disclose what it is yet... will let you guys know as soon as I am cleared to do so
Jun 01, 2013, 01:42 PM
Eye to the sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072
It's a clone for sure, this is coming directly from Banggood. That said, if it flies well and does all that the original does.. it might just be a winner indeed!

I heard that there's something even more interesting (slightly related) coming very soon..though I can't disclose what it is yet... will let you guys know as soon as I am cleared to do so
You are such a tease!

How soon approximately? Should I hold off on grabbing a V2 X4?
Jun 01, 2013, 06:16 PM
Interesting... I'm curious...Keep us informed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072
...I heard that there's something even more interesting (slightly related) coming very soon..though I can't disclose what it is yet... will let you guys know as soon as I am cleared to do so
Jun 01, 2013, 07:11 PM
We can rebuild it!
Sub, read later.
Jun 02, 2013, 04:54 AM
I ordered this model .... for 33 USD is very cheap ... In worst scenerio I will resell it
Jun 02, 2013, 06:24 AM
We can rebuild it!
Keep me posted, I may be interested if you resell it, if it's worth buying that is.
Jun 02, 2013, 06:43 AM
Eye to the sky!
Just having that frame would be interesting w/ those built-in motor protectors.

Quick Reply