Official Thread:New Foxtech Falcon Pro Brushless Gimbal for NEX5/7, GH2, GH3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 30, 2013, 03:22 AM
New Product

Official Thread:New Foxtech Falcon Pro Brushless Gimbal for NEX5/7, GH2, GH3

We have upgraded the Falcon to Falcon Pro
please check the video:
FOXTECH Falcon Pro Brushless Gimbal (3 min 1 sec)

Detailed information will be added soon

My dear Fellows,
Here I present you the new FOXTECH Falcon Gimbal,
We have done many tests on it and did many improvements(if you check our early video and you can find the difference.) before releasing it.

Falcon Gimbal is a big brushless gimbal designed for NEX5/7 or smaller cameras. It features zero noise, easy adjustment and nearly full range of camera compatibility.
Parameter:
-Working Voltage range: 2-4S lipo(8-14V)
-Max Working current: 4A
-Max tilt working range: 90 degree ()
-Max roll working range: 270 degree
-Working Principle: close circuit control
-Tilt / Roll control via RC: Available
-Max Camera weight: Around 550g(heavier cam might also work)
-Dimension: 230mmx200mmx190mm
-Cam holder width: 14cm(12.7cm usable)
-Weight: 650g
-Weight with OP damper plate: 790g
-Motors used: 2208 & 3506
Falcon gimbal is deigned very strong to eliminate any possible vibration.
Originally it comes with carbon fiber damper plate, and we also supply OP damper plate made of strong aluminum for upgrade.
The Default setting will suit most cameras without changing PID setting.

Falcon Brushless Gimbal Assistant & Basic guide Download: DOWNLOAD

Beta manual download: http://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/fa...N%20MANUAL.pdf

We also made an OP damper plate to further improve its performance.
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-fa...or-p-1062.html

The followings are some of our own test videos and more videos will follow here

How to adjust camera balance on FOXTECH FALCON GIMBAL (6 min 18 sec)
Foxtech Falcon Gimbal Demonstration (4 min 40 sec)
FOXTECH FALCON TEST 3 (1 min 50 sec)

Where to buy: http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-fa...al-p-1058.html

We will have dedicate staff for supporting this thread,
if you have any question and not willing to leave in the thread.
you can email amy@foxtechfpv.com

our other supporting staff contact :
Doris: stockinquiry@foxtechfpv.com
Victoria: victoria@foxtechfpv.com
Alex: technicalsupport@foxtechfpv.com
Last edited by glassfox; Aug 03, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2013, 04:01 AM
Hi , everyone this is AMY from Foxtech hobby , I will be support you in the thread , if there is any question , please PM me or send me emails. amy@foxtechfpv.com
BR,
AMY
May 30, 2013, 07:13 AM
Any pictures with a nex-5n mounted in the gimbal with the hdmi cable connected?
If i like what i see i will order one. I think many other are looking for the same info.
May 30, 2013, 07:31 AM
dear Bjornthans,
we may not be able to show since we don't have a NEX5, if you check a NEX5+ HDMI is smaller than 14cm ,then it's ok.
May 30, 2013, 07:52 AM
Ok. Thanks. I know the nex5 is 11cm on its own i think.
May 30, 2013, 08:22 AM
then 3cm should be enough for a HDMI plug
those which has a wire go out from the side should work better
May 31, 2013, 08:37 AM
Sony Nex7 with 18-55mm lens on Falcon Gimbal (2 min 4 sec)

a short test video of Falcon mounted with Sony NEX7+ 18-55mm lens.
May upload another one tomorrow
May 31, 2013, 09:04 AM

Falcon not working - dancing

Hi Foxtech / Amy

See my video here
VIDEO0076 (0 min 25 sec)

This is how it is straight out of the box.
I then used the software to check the settings, it is not same as the attached JPG
in the zip file. I set the settings to the JPG (for nex5 / 7) and this is still the same.

Gimbal dances and moves around wildly.

Whats happening?! ((((
May 31, 2013, 09:49 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by blushoes
Hi Foxtech / Amy

See my video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vISiA...ature=youtu.be

This is how it is straight out of the box.
I then used the software to check the settings, it is not same as the attached JPG
in the zip file. I set the settings to the JPG (for nex5 / 7) and this is still the same.

Gimbal dances and moves around wildly.

Whats happening?! ((((
You have to have the camera mounted and balanced for any brushless gimbal to work properly. It cannot be run without the camera in place as it is needed to make it balance out. You cannot test it standalone with no camera or wit will react as per your video.
May 31, 2013, 03:20 PM

Interested

Anyone using this gimbal? Would live to hear some reviews in this...
May 31, 2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
You have to have the camera mounted and balanced for any brushless gimbal to work properly. It cannot be run without the camera in place as it is needed to make it balance out. You cannot test it standalone with no camera or wit will react as per your video.
i did have the camera installed and run it and it was the same.
though the camera didnt look balanced.... (cos it was mentioned this wld
work straight out of the box)

i will try balancing it

btw, zenmuse gimbal is brushless...it doesnt require balancing or the camera to be on it to level up / stop dancing
May 31, 2013, 05:08 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

i will try balancing it

btw, zenmuse gimbal is brushless...it doesnt require balancing or the camera to be on it to level up / stop dancing
zenmuse doesn't require balancing as it is made for one specific camera and lens setup so it is pre balanced.

All these GoPro gimbals to date need the camera in place to balance, although some can come close with no camera but depends on the size of their motors and how unbalanced they are without.

BTW - "works out of the box" is a claim lots are making but few are delivering on. my MastorG barely works after hours of tuning let alone out of the box as claimed.
May 31, 2013, 06:10 PM
Albuquerque USA
Quote:

i will try balancing it

Brother you buying product from china don't expect "as advertise" like the American do. They can advertise you a bull and you get a cow not surprise in that but fox tech do have good standing they not like other where they sell you stuff take the money and run. I have good business with them so far. My Mastor g is not working right like everyone have problem with it. They did offer me refund I I sent it back which I haven't done so yet because I will cost to send it back I'll play with it to see if I can get it work to help them and help other since it not their fault on the Mastor g.

To foxtech

Please make sure you test each gimbal before you send it out to save your customer time frustration and most off all save your reputation of being selling junk. I'll still buy from you again
May 31, 2013, 08:58 PM
Foxtech and bevrc should care about the problems people are having with the mastor g gimbal for gopro3, before offering another product like this one.
The "support" thread of mastor gimbal, created by Matt from bevrc, has been left unsupported with several customers unable to make their gimbal work properly. I'll also buy again from foxtech, never from bevrc, but all those issues reported in the mastor g thread has left me, as we say here in my country, "with a foot behind the line", aprehensive to take a step further.