This thread is privately moderated by Jyester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 29, 2013, 07:53 PM
Jyester
Thread OP
Discussion

Visionaire with out the As3x

I recently came into possession of a visionaire and I'm not a spectrum kind of guy! Me fly futuba, 6J to be exact! The econo box as my flying buddies call it. All of hoom fly yup! Spectrum! Now I'm not downing the radio I had one and lost two planes and that was it for me. Back to the visionaire, she does fly great without the "system" I had to make some adjustments. I dialed down the elevator to 60% because my first flight was eye opening the recommended throws listed for dual rates are spot on except for the elevator. The elevator itself his huge, and I understand the 3D aspect of it. The rudder is big too and at 70% she does the job well. Snap rolls are perfect! Loops almost snap at full elevator! The ailerons are a perfect addition to the alread huge wing, this thing has plenty of wing area without running the number. The motor performs well on stock battery but you might wanna grab some 45-60c 2200 3s if you have a 2500 or in that area your ok as long as you allow things to cool down. The higher C rating allows you to pull all kinds of vertical maneuvers , hover with get out of trouble power. The stock battery soon as you take off hover because a few minutes in and your not going to be able to. Did I mention I'm doing these things without the as3x system! Flying into the wind you get plenty of lift! With the wind she's buffeting feeling the turbulence of flying on a windy day. With the as3x your not going to see it as much. Landings are just as easy as the takeoff as it will almost harrier in, this plane floats. That's all I did as far as adjustments go. I like the feel of the elevator at 60% I fly on low rates! Give me a few weeks and I'll be flipping the switch!! All in all I like the visionaire she fly great, now all I have to do is add some color so I set myself apart from the others. Atleast five at my field. It's a hot item, and I guess a must have plane. As for the Rx I gave it to a flying buddy who put it into a carbon yak! Let just say he's working the bugs out! Feel free to respond, the pros and the cons will help others make a decision on buy or don't buy. Like I said it flys great without the As3x system. Do they have a Rx ready version? Join in people! Fly high, fly fast, crash pretty!!
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2013, 08:04 PM
Disaster Waiting To Happen
Thanks for your input. I recently purchased the Visionaire due to a crash of one of my other planes (glider). I found it to be very easy to handle and keep in mind that I'm fairly new to RC planes. I'm not a big 3D guy but I love the sport aspect about this model and the fact that the AS3X is there to provide assistance. At some point when I get more comfortable with it, I'll switch the gyro off and try to fly it around that way. All in all I was pretty impressed with this and had a lot of fun flying it.
Jun 12, 2013, 11:39 AM
Jyester
Thread OP

Flight update

I've been having fun with this plane! Easy to control, and fun to fly without the as3x system. One thing I'm going to do is fly with a bigger battery I flew it on a 3s 4000 pack and it was "rock solid" and felt even better then it does with a 3s 2200 45c pack. The plane didn't seem to mind the extra weight and I enjoyed having the extra flight time of 12-16 minutes of mixed flying. I am no aerobatic champion I'm a regular guy who's been flying for more than five years. In the hands of a all out flyer this plane would be a show stopper without a doubt. I hope people are reading this because you don't really need the gyro system!! Fly high, fly fast, crash pretty

Quick Reply