This thread is privately moderated by haiduk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 26, 2013, 12:47 AM
Pronounced "High Duck"
Thread OP
Cool

SnickerSnee Powered Glider Wing

I am intending on designing alternate wings for the SnickerSnee fuselage structure, a 1.5m powered glider wing and an aileron trainer wing. The idea is to have a platform that can grow with the pilot. Beginning pilots can start with the 3 channel Powered Glider wing to help them get used to orientation. Advance to training with ailerons and ultimately work with the aerobatic combat version. I scratch built this wing to use for powered glider testing. Overall I'm happy with the performance.

I took it out to the field a few days ago and let my Pops fly it. Asked him, "you like it?" He had a grin on his face, "yup." Asked him, "you want it?". Again, "yup." He has since put one of those gyro stabilizers into it. Has no problems landing on our runway in a cross wind. Fun plane.

Download the PDF SnickerSnee - Powered Glider Plans for free:

SnickerSnee-Powered Glider.PDF

Video of the Powered Glider Version of the SnickerSnee:
SnickerSnee Powered Glider (5 min 2 sec)

Will be busy designing a nice easy-to-build laser kit for the glider wing over the next several days.
If you're interested in following the progress, you can follow my progress on my website.

Last edited by haiduk; Jun 04, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2013, 06:24 AM
Enjoyed the video!

Quick Reply