Jun 19, 2013, 09:48 AM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Adding some trim seems to be normal on this quad. I had to add some right aileron & up elevator. But be sure it's level during initialization. Unlike the other AS3X-equipped aircraft, this one has accelerometers, and needs to be as level as possible during the initialization process. Any tilt during initialization will translate into drift. BTW - HH released a larger quad back in Jan '12. It's called the mQX. It's 'one size up' from the Nano. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1563931

Joel
I knew about that qud, I flew a fellow members and liked it. However I ment a larger one with brushless motors.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8
That is disappointing if it can't hanlde wind, I want to replace my V202 with NQx since I have dx6i. I real prefer outdoors.
Well took it out this morning and it was a bit windy but nothing like last night and I am happy it bank turns and flies much better than the Hubsan, I would say the wind was 3 to 5 mph. Flips are easy and it can do nice big loops as well, this thing is really fun. I will keep the Hubsan for windier days but I don't see myself flying it much other than at night because it has lights.
I let a buddy try to fly the nQx this morning he is a beginner plane pilot with no heli experience and he bounced it off every wall in the office with no damage so I would say this is a great inside trainer.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quassum
Has anyone over here seen a nice case to put the Nano QX in when traveling to a nearby field?
I bought these: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/k...025645&N=74063

The ones I have have a sticker with a picture of sausage on the side.
I can hold things as big as the MCPX in them. I have one with two Walkera Ladybugs in it, they are not even touching each other.

I keep a few of these in a steel case, along with my DX6i.

I also bought a small version of them(with peas on the sticker) that I keep batteries in when I am going to fly.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:26 AM
Lost at LAX
Battery is charging. Will program the DX6i between meetings
Jun 19, 2013, 11:50 AM
Eye to the sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost
So if I get that Tx in mode 1 is easy to change it to mode 2?
I dont have a nice Tx, and since early this year I was talking to Heli Pad and I wanted to get the TH9x.
In your opinion, what Tx should I get? The devo7e with 15% off is hard to resist

By the way, so far I need a Tx that supports FlySky, the new wltoys family (v2xx) and the v922
My Devo 7e arrived yesterday and last night I switched it from Mode1 to Mode2. Very easy...at first I tried to find directions, and I did, but once I looked at and started fiddling with the open Tx it made perfect sense what to do.

Obviously you have to open the Tx...remove the rubber grips and 5 Allen-head screws. Then there is a spring tensioner that needs to be moved from 1 stick to the other...2 screws. You would probably want to adjust this anyway to your preference. Then there is 1 more screw that holds back the main stick spring and keeps it from engaging. Unscrew that, hold up the main stick spring on the other stick and install the screw there. Put everything back together, go into the menu and switch it from Mode1 to Mode2 and you're done!

I had a little trouble installing Deviation software, but finally realized my mistake. The File System that has to be installed is a separate download. At first my Tx screen was all messed up and flashing back to stock firmware didn't fix it. Once I figured out the File System part I was golden! I thought I had bricked it for a while there, but finally figured it out.

I'm still getting up to speed on all the Tx protocols, but I have an A7105 (for my V911 & Hubsan X4...this is Flysky) and an nRF24L01 (for my V202-FQv2 & V222) in route from eBay. I'm assuming the V922 uses either Flysky or is the same as the V2XX series, but I haven't researched it yet to be sure.

Next step is to grab a nQX and use my new Tx with it until the modules arrive and I can control my entire fleet with it.

I'm also thinking about getting CP heli...looking for something brushless.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:03 PM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Just got mine.

Like jpconard and beqok the props on mine weren't pressed all the way down on the motor shaft. I pulled them off (still on there pretty good, took a good pull to get them off) and stuck them back on with the top of the shaft flush with the top of the prop.

Won't get to fly it until my T-Six gets here. I guess I'll just use my imagination in the meantime.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:10 PM
Team Drone Art
Guys, I've flown and tested a few of these nano sized quads. Each has it's pros and cons and I do enjoy them.

But the lightness and agility + smoothness of this Nano QX just makes it's an awesome indoors flyer. Can't stress the lightness factor enough...that combined with the prop guard and quietness of the nQX elevated it another level to bash around unafraid indoors IMHO. Definitely an elegant balance of design/programming.

The Hubsan X4 (Traxxas QR-1) is smaller, and I love the unique look... but it's louder and very heavy when it crashes. Not to mention it's always been more robotic a flyer as someone else puts it. However, the X4 is definitely much better once bound to the Devo7e.

Regarding the Devo7e. I noticed BangGood's been showing fluctuating stock levels. If you guys ordered one, make sure to log in and check out your order to make sure it's not backed order.

Here's my current favorite combo for traveling with me. Like yesterday when I had to take my son to the dentist. Can fly in the parking lot during the wait. The 150mAh cells are quick to charge on the USB chargers and from the car. And a bunch can fit in your pocket.

Anyways, here's my model.ini that you can copy over to your Devo7e with DeviationX. It also has my attempt at a NanoQX icon. LOL Hope you like it. There's not many pixels you can use to create any semblance of the quad's silhouette.

Here's how I programmed the model:
DeviationX Nano QX model for the Devo 7e radio

Quote:
The HOLD switch on the top-left changes between the stability and agility flight modes
Toggle HOLD switch to On back to Off to switch flight mode. On to Off again to switch back.
The FMOD switch on the top-right changes D/R & Expo
FMOD-0: rates are @80% and negative 20 expo for more response.
FMOD-1: rates are @100% and no expo.
Additional Deviation features enabled:
  • Countdown timer enabled from 5m 30s and bound to the throttle stick.
  • A second stopwatch timer counting up from 0:00 and bound to the throttle stick as well. You can reconfigure the stopwatch timer so that you can manually turn on/off via the R+ button if you like.

The two lower left buttons (UP+ and DN-) are shortcuts when you're at the home screen.
  • Long press UP+ takes you immediately to the Model Setup GUI. For binding or switching models, etc.
  • Long press DN- will take you to the Mixes GUI.
I think that's all the customization I have for it. Will tweak and share as I play with things more.

Happy flying guys.

-----------------------------------------------
photos attach to aid searching
Last edited by Daryoon; May 13, 2014 at 05:00 PM.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:22 PM
Team Drone Art
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard
Daryoon, The 7E does have removable sticks (unscrew like dx4e)? I asked in other forum didn't hear back, Any range issues with 7E?
Next time, hit me up.

Yes, the Devo7e can have it's sticks removed. In fact, it's Futaba style sticks. So you can use extra Turnigy 9x sticks if you have any. Or purchase Futaba style short stick or long sticks for a couple of bucks.

The short style can be adjusted and locked in the proper height.

The long style is good for pinch grip flyers:

They also have the fat version for thumbs flyers:

They have them in blue, red, purple, black.

I have no range issues with the Devo7e. But then again, I did the full range mod on it.

However, I am currently running at a limited power output of 10mw. And it's been solid so far outside.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:48 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
The new 1sq has a micro camera on the bottom that takes a micro sd card so what micro small camera can be added to this little guy?
Jun 19, 2013, 12:52 PM
Team Drone Art

NEW Blade Nano QX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost
So if I get that Tx in mode 1 is easy to change it to mode 2?
I dont have a nice Tx, and since early this year I was talking to Heli Pad and I wanted to get the TH9x.
In your opinion, what Tx should I get? The devo7e with 15% off is hard to resist

By the way, so far I need a Tx that supports FlySky, the new wltoys family (v2xx) and the v922
Yes. Extremely easy and even supported and documented in the Devo manual. There's photos on how to switch the sticks from mode 1 to 2 too. That's what I did to save the $10 or so.

I like the Devo 7e because it's a great price, works good and portable. And I can mod to control my entire fleet micro fleet.

Got a FlySky module installed for v911 and 9958 as well as v929/v949/v959 compatibility. Same module binds and control the Hubsan X4 too.

The second module I installed allow to fly the new v2xx protocol from WLToys. Or you can install the CC2500 module to control SkyArtec and possibly FrSky in the future.

I think work is underway to get HiSky protocol support and AnyLink. Right now, you gotta use their external PPM modules.

I don't think there's a competing radio out there with the rich feature set the Devo7e has.

BTW, I will write a guide on getting DeviationX onto the 7e. It's pretty easy but I think a nicer documentation of the process would be beneficial.
Last edited by Daryoon; Jun 19, 2013 at 01:02 PM.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207
I'm still getting up to speed on all the Tx protocols, but I have an A7105 (for my V911 & Hubsan X4...this is Flysky) and an nRF24L01 (for my V202-FQv2 & V222) in route from eBay. I'm assuming the V922 uses either Flysky or is the same as the V2XX series, but I haven't researched it yet to be sure.
Sorry, but the 922 is something different yet again. Or the other way 'round - they produced it before the 200 series quads.

I bought an RTF Walkera Mini CP that included the Devo 7E. That cost less than the 922 + a 7E would have. I'm happy with it as my first CP 'copter.

One thing - the sticks on the 7E pretty much suck. I replaced them with the sticks off my T9X (having put a pair of futaba sticks on it long ago), and I'm much happier flying with it now.
Jun 19, 2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
Guys, I've flown and tested a few of these nano sized quads. Each has it's pros and cons and I do enjoy them.

But the lightness and agility + smoothness of this Nano QX just makes it's an awesome indoors flyer. Can't stress the lightness factor enough...that combined with the prop guard and quietness of the nQX elevated it another level to bash around unafraid indoors IMHO. Definitely an elegant balance of design/programming.

The Hubsan X4 (Traxxas QR-1) is smaller, and I love the unique look... but it's louder and very heavy when it crashes. Not to mention it's always been more robotic a flyer as someone else puts it. However, the X4 is definitely much better once bound to the Devo7e.

Regarding the Devo7e. I noticed BangGood's been showing fluctuating stock levels. If you guys ordered one, make sure to log in and check out your order to make sure it's not backed order.

Here's my current favorite combo for traveling with me. Like yesterday when I had to take my son to the dentist. Can fly in the parking lot during the wait. The 150mAh cells are quick to charge on the USB chargers and from the car. And a bunch can fit in your pocket.

Anyways, here's my model.ini that you can copy over to your Devo7e with DeviationX. It also has my attempt at a NanoQX icon. LOL Hope you like it. There's not many pixels you can use to create any semblance of the quad's silhouette.

Here's how I programmed the model:
DeviationX Nano QX model for the Devo 7e radio

I think that's all the customization I have for it. Will tweak and share as I play with things more.

Happy flying guys.

photos attach to aid searching
Dude that's awesome man. I might have to mod my 7e to run on DSM2 Way better than lugging around my 11x
Jun 19, 2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
I don't think there's a competing radio out there with the rich feature set the Devo7e has.
How about a Devo 10? :-). Costs twice as much, but I think it's well
worth the price.

The Turnigy 9X models are close - some would say ahead (openTx et. all
is more flexible so far). However, they costs almost as much as a
retail 7E to make it programmable, and more by the time you've added
all the functionality of the 7E. Their real downside - for me, anyway
- is that you have to mod the hardware a lot more. The upside is they
have a JR transmitter module bay, so you can fly anything you can find
a JR module for, and it makes a great way to add DYI modules, like the
IR module.
Jun 19, 2013, 01:20 PM
Team Drone Art

NEW Blade Nano QX

@MikeMeyer,

Sorry...I meant to imply in the form factor of the Devo7e.

In the full size radio, there's a bunch that are great. I like modding my Turnigy 9x and it's module bay. And the Devo 10 with it's native full range and DeviationX support is an excellent radio in it's own right.

But like my previous posts above suggest, I think the size of the NanoQX makes it a good pairing with the Devo7e in terms of portability. The upside is the Devo7e won't break the bank and can grow with you to micro CP and the like.

I am teaching my 6yr old on the quads and the Devo7e fits in his hands better. So that's an upside for me right now.

For a full CP session, I am still comfy with the 9x and my way around the er9x firmware for on site programming changes.
Jun 19, 2013, 01:26 PM
Team Drone Art

NEW Blade Nano QX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS
Dude that's awesome man. I might have to mod my 7e to run on DSM2 Way better than lugging around my 11x
LOL. Glad you like it. See how it's sitting in the radio? I think I will devise a method for the nQX to clip onto it just like that. Use the neck strap as the mount point because I don't use a neck lanyard anyways.

I just need to figure out a pretty and elegant way to do that mod.

Because I usually travel that way. A little quad and a radio with lipo in my pocket. For short sessions at the nearby park after dropping my son at school in the mornings.

Quick Reply