May 23, 2013, 10:08 PM
Is it going to be offered in BNF version w/o DX5e?
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal
Not planned as I recall. It is a great deal with the 5E, and not too many lower end Tx's out there with the ideal 3 pos switch.

David
May 24, 2013, 12:24 AM
maybe like a fun FPV platform too?
May 24, 2013, 02:58 AM
wjs
wjs
William
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepid Pilot
The problem with "self-righting" airplanes is what they really do is teach the novice pilot to let go of the sticks, which is no help at all. It's like making your chauffeur fly the plane while you watch.

TP
Tepid. Your logic is flawed. Anything (including tech) that helps a new pilot learn and raise the bar gradually is nothing but awesome goodness. That is the same as saying a buddy box is no good because the pilot should just know how to control and land a plane first time out. This also does not preclude the use of a buddy box, which I would always recommend when possible. Some of us had to grind it out the hard way, but that was only because this kind of thing was not available then. On-ramps are good, crashing is bad and expensive. Once you learn basics, overcome fears, and get your head right, then go to next level and this allows just that. Make perfect sense to me. As a pretty good pilot and major fan of AS3X, I find this additional step welcome and logical. I will probably recommend this as our field trainer plane.

I hope it does not stop here. SafeV2 should have return-to-home for run aways and fully automatic greaser landings when you flip a switch (just because that is cool and could help win some landing events at the field) :-).
May 24, 2013, 03:01 AM
wjs
wjs
William
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal
I would also request a BNF version. Some of us care to train others (or just appreciate a gental flyer and/or new tech) and don't need to buy all the radio stuff over again and want to use the computer radios we already have and have spent money on.
Last edited by wjs; May 24, 2013 at 03:36 AM.
May 24, 2013, 07:40 AM
Memento Mori
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
I reckon this technology would be great for putting some LED's on the plane to fly at night, with SAFE technology it should be a lot easier and safer to learn night flying

cheers chuck
I was thinking the same. I just started night flying a PKZ Stinson that is lite-up like a Christmas tree. This plane would be cool for night flying though.
May 24, 2013, 07:41 AM
Memento Mori
Question about the panic switch.

If the plane is inverted and the panic switch is hit does it automatically roll itself upright then level off?
May 24, 2013, 08:14 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401
Question about the panic switch.

If the plane is inverted and the panic switch is hit does it automatically roll itself upright then level off?
It will depend on the pitch angle whether it pulls or rolls, but yes, it will automatically roll to level.
May 24, 2013, 08:46 AM
Memento Mori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
It will depend on the pitch angle whether it pulls or rolls, but yes, it will automatically roll to level.
Thanks for the quick reply.

:thumbup:
May 24, 2013, 09:01 AM
Memento Mori
Manual is up: http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...-Manual_EN.pdf

I'm more interested in the SAFE RX than the plane...
May 24, 2013, 12:57 PM
Just fit SAFE in all the scale EDF jets and give the total beginner what they keep asking for as a 'first plane'.

No need for any more trainer models. ?
May 24, 2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
Not planned as I recall. It is a great deal with the 5E, and not too many lower end Tx's out there with the ideal 3 pos switch.

David
Really like the concept and plane. With a DX8 & DX18QQ really don't see a need to pay for another trans.
May 24, 2013, 02:22 PM
wjs
wjs
William
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Does the RX automatically go into Panic on signal loss or on brown out recovery, etc.
May 24, 2013, 02:25 PM
wjs
wjs
William
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray
Just fit SAFE in all the scale EDF jets and give the total beginner what they keep asking for as a 'first plane'.

No need for any more trainer models. ?
For edf jets, that is where some panic combined with return to home (best effort) would be nice. As easy to get disoriented and out of sight with small edfs.
May 24, 2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs
Does the RX automatically go into Panic on signal loss or on brown out recovery, etc.
No, it does descending circles on signal loss until signal resumes. Saw it in the manual.

Quick Reply