This thread is privately moderated by sky_surfer_fra, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 22, 2013, 09:05 AM
Always looking for lift...
Thread OP
Build Log

still in love with the NAN Tracer

I really like the Tracer and I do not understand why it is so quiet around the Tracer ?

I already owned 2 Tracers.
Tracer #1 had a bad crash, but after buying a new wing, she is back in air, but pretty heavy and homley meanwhile.
Tracer #2 were sold for a Xperience Pro (which was also sold after one season).

Tracer #3 will be used for thermaling. So I try to do the build as light as possible.
I know there are better TD ships available but overall the Tracer gives me the most satisfaction of all gliders I own/owned, for slope as well as for TD.

Today I ordered a Dynamic (which is the NAN Tracer) from the French NAN distributor http://www.airtech-rc.com/.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2013, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Olivier from airtech-rc.com told me today that the Tracer should arrive mid/end of next week .
Ah, btw, design is white/red...
Aug 15, 2013, 01:52 PM
Thread OP

Tracer arrived "long" time ago

A lot of other things did and still do not allow to begin with the build.
Quality of my Tracer #3 is significant better than the two before and this one is ~300g lighter than Tracer #1!
Especially the fusetail is much lighter!
So a I guess an AUW around 2300g could be possible.
Aug 15, 2013, 04:48 PM
building season is here.
Can you post individual weights per component? Nice color way!

Sam
Aug 22, 2013, 04:36 AM
Thread OP

weights

Empty weights

Fuse: 284g
left wing: 660g
right wing: 630g
left v-tail: 40g
right v-tail: 41g
wing joiner: 133g
small parts: 38g
=====
1826g
Aug 22, 2013, 04:18 PM
building season is here.
Tail feathers look heavy! I thought my old ones weighed low 30's. now I'm curious to see what final weight will be cg'd at 109. Thanks!

Hope you find time to build it soon, so you can enjoy flying it.

Sam
Dec 02, 2013, 01:45 AM
Entropy is happening!
Nice to find this thread fra!
I have the Tracer on a short list for likely choice to purchase as my first commercially built moulded plane.
I'll be following with interest.

Jim.
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Dec 02, 2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: spelling.
Jan 01, 2014, 05:46 PM
Entropy is happening!
How is this build going ssf?
I'm watching and looking for any reports on this model, as I'm looking to order one any day soon.

Welcome any suggestions etc.

Jim.
Jan 02, 2014, 03:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
How is this build going ssf?
I'm watching and looking for any reports on this model, as I'm looking to order one any day soon.

Welcome any suggestions etc.

Jim.
Hi Jim,

sorry, but I am still busy with non-hobby related stuff and challenges.
Don't know when I find time to start the build. Maybe in a few days, maybe not before year-end...

Only few words about the Tracer. I really love her. This is my 3rd one (except 3 Graupner Dandy's in the 1980th I never bought a model 3 times ). Great all-arounder, brave at the slope, pretty fast (but not fast enough for a F3F contest model) and I do not know a better thermal ship with this size and AUW...

Cheers, Tom
Last edited by sky_surfer_fra; Jun 29, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:19 AM
Thread OP

Tracer #1

Video with the Tracer #1, 2 years ago on a Valais' slope.
Because of other projects (repairs and enhancements of other gliders and new builds of a Xperience, Pulsar 3600 Pro) I still found no time to proceed with the build of Tracer #3.

(8 min 33 sec)
Jun 20, 2014, 04:13 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thanks for posting the video Tom. However, it is too jerky to watch, at least at my end it is. What size setting did you have your camera set to? I know if I set my little Sanyo Xacti to 14M HD it does the same. I change it to the web setting of 2M, it works fine on my computer and on Vimeo.

That site looks like slopers heaven!

If I ever win the lottery, I will come and visit.
Jun 24, 2014, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
Thanks for posting the video Tom. However, it is too jerky to watch, at least at my end it is. What size setting did you have your camera set to? I know if I set my little Sanyo Xacti to 14M HD it does the same. I change it to the web setting of 2M, it works fine on my computer and on Vimeo.

That site looks like slopers heaven!

If I ever win the lottery, I will come and visit.
Yeah Jim, this is a slopers paradise .
Hope to travel to Switzerland this summer for few days to visit this slope (and few other great slope locations) again.

I uploaded it in the H.264 1280x720 with a target data rate of 10MB/s.
Maybe it would help to watch the video in NON-HD mode to reduce jerky...

Btw, drop me a note when you have won the lottery jackpot .

R, Tom
Sep 29, 2014, 02:18 PM
building season is here.
Hi Tom
Did nan fix the tail incedence? Or does it require down trim on the elevator for level flight? Do your wings have 1 or 2 ballast tube per wing and does cg remain the same when they are full?

Thanks,
Sam
Sep 29, 2014, 03:49 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_surfer_fra

Btw, drop me a note when you have won the lottery jackpot .

R, Tom
Will do for sure Tom!

Quick Reply