is the FrSky Taranis next step after Turnigy 9X 9Ch - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 20, 2013, 03:50 AM
Discussion

is the FrSky Taranis next step after Turnigy 9X 9Ch

Hi.

I need more channels then my Turnigy 9X 9Ch for a AP (hobby) mulirotor rig.

But still would use a reasonable priced transmitter, and wonder if the FrSky Taranis would be the next step up from the turnigy?

(trying to save me up some money to buy a Graupner MC-32, Jeti Duplex or something like that..)
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2013, 05:43 AM
Seems the logical step.
There are other technical solutions I can think now, but none under double price of Taranis and matching features flexibility of programming.
May 20, 2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tormodnt
Hi.

I need more channels then my Turnigy 9X 9Ch for a AP (hobby) mulirotor rig.

But still would use a reasonable priced transmitter, and wonder if the FrSky Taranis would be the next step up from the turnigy?

(trying to save me up some money to buy a Graupner MC-32, Jeti Duplex or something like that..)
I think it is the next logical step and am aching for one. However, with extensive mods and a memory reflash, the 9x can run 16 channels. Also the Turnigy 9XR can run 1 channels out of the box with two separate 8ch TX modules and 2 separate 8ch RXs.

I am currently running my 9XR with 16 channels with a FRSky module in the bay and a DHT-U attached to the Futaba trainer port.

Sure looking forward to doing something similar with the Taranis to get 32 channels.
Nov 30, 2014, 07:58 PM
The ground is the limit!
The FrSKY Taranis is the only step after any radio. I have flown with Spektrum and JR and this thing leaves them for dead!