This thread is privately moderated by limmacslim, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 18, 2013, 01:20 PM
Thread OP
Video

Eurofighter Typhoon

This concoction of foam, tape & wires flies! Its always nice when a maiden flight goes without a hitch. Seconds into the flight, the first prototype lost control quite high up then after not being able to recover crashed nose first into the ground in spectacular fashion. An elevon control horn came loose, with it being undersized & quickly hot glued on it was due to my negligence really (pic of depron destruction underneath).

After some late night cutting, gluing & with much stronger control horns it flew beautifully!
It pitches smoothly, has quite an extreme roll rate (needs expo) & rudder does not do anything too crazy (even though its right in the prop wash) but works well mixed with the other controls in a turn.
It is easily quicker than other similar pushers I have flown on this setup (BW 3000kv, TGS 4.5x4.5, 1000mah), also very manageable. Me & Pete built some beta planes to test & were chasing each other around doing full throttle passes 10ft or so above the grass. Its very smooth in high alpha, nicer than our last F22, SU35 & T50's. My high kv motor & small prop are not great for high alpha & Petes larger plane with 2212-06 2200kv motor & 6x4 prop seemed smoother. Pete also had the canards working with the elevator, it didnt appear to give any more pitch authority & only stabilize pitching even more.

Pete put his plane down & picked up the camera so this is me flying my blue wonder version. My initial CG estimate was quite nose heavy. This is the 4th lipo/flight & after some shifting of the battery its still a bit nose heavy, I want to go back a little more.

Eurofighter RC parkjet depron profile foamie (2 min 40 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply