This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 18, 2013, 04:50 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Thread OP
Discussion

The 'Ancient Modeler"

We went flying last evening (Friday)."We" being Paul Smith, just back from his winter hibernation in Florida, and me and a group from the club.

I've been assembling this model for nearly 15 years, and the left wing is difficult to slide onto the wing tube.The flap and aileron cables must be fed through the hole in the cabin top,as the wing is slid on.The wing strut is attached to the wing via hinges,so it hangs down,as it's being installed.The cabin roof is a piece of plastic,securely fastened at the forward end, with two screws aft,that (when removed) allow it to fold up, for wing retention bolt access.....While attempting to do all this, the conversations went thusly....

1-"You need to fix that" 2"you forgot to take the screws out" 3" put some oil on it"-4 "watch the strut"..5 "here, let me get those wires"6 "what is this covered with?"7" did you build this?" 8 "I've never seen a Cub with wheel pants"9 What does this weigh?" 9 What size motor's in here?-a 90??? in a 1/4 scale?,-man you need at least a Sissa 33, in a 1/4 scale Cub !"10 "Earl, what's this ?" For nearly ten minutes the grilling continued.
WE finally got it assembled, started ,and on the runway

I throttled up to 3800 rpms,( there's a 'tic' mark on the transmitter) and as the ol' Cub trundled down the runway, the tail slowly came up, she got light, and we commited aviation once more, amid shouts of "See I told you you need a bigger engine."

Me'n the Cub had a fine time, doing approaches, touch and goes, and 1 acceptable three point landing.

Let 'em talk.We love Friday night get-togethers.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply