New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2001, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Sloping off....

Ooops - sizzle sizzle sizzle little cells

Word to the wise.

When flying lots of different models at one and charging vastly different sized packs don't just double check your charger settings - treble check them

Don't do what i did tonight -

take off the nicely charged 8x2000RC pack that had just finished charging at 4.00Amps

Then connect the 7x250mahAAA pack and change the charging current to 0.40amps - then press charge.

Else there is a chance that you'll come back about two minutes later to a red hot sizzling pack - the legend R staring at you from the LCD window and the realisation that it was the DISCHARGE current that you had set to .40A and you had just pumped 4 amps into you baby AAA pack.

After being left in the middle of the pit area on their own they cooled down eventually and indeed gave a good duration flight on the Lite Stick later on. I don't hold ou much hope of their longevity though.

I mean 4 amps! - lesse - thats a 16C charge rate.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2001, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Mighty Mik
What charger did you do this with?

Quote:
Originally posted by leccyflyer:
Word to the wise.

When flying lots of different models at one and charging vastly different sized packs don't just double check your charger settings - treble check them

Don't do what i did tonight -

take off the nicely charged 8x2000RC pack that had just finished charging at 4.00Amps

Then connect the 7x250mahAAA pack and change the charging current to 0.40amps - then press charge.

Else there is a chance that you'll come back about two minutes later to a red hot sizzling pack - the legend R staring at you from the LCD window and the realisation that it was the DISCHARGE current that you had set to .40A and you had just pumped 4 amps into you baby AAA pack.

After being left in the middle of the pit area on their own they cooled down eventually and indeed gave a good duration flight on the Lite Stick later on. I don't hold ou much hope of their longevity though.

I mean 4 amps! - lesse - thats a 16C charge rate.
Old Jul 27, 2001, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Sloping off....
Mik

This was with a Robbe Infinity charger - it must have seen the peak (probably just like a virtual Mt Etna as it happens) because the charge had been terminated within a couple of minutes - hence the R in the LCD display. So at least it didn't make the pack into an incendiary device in the back of the car.

cheers

Brian
Old Jul 27, 2001, 06:51 PM
Find More Posts by tim hooper
Single-task at best...
leccy,

A few weeks ago I stuffed 5amps into a 8x500 Zagi pack by mistake. So far there's no sign of damamge/detoriation.

Look at it as low-level zapping!

tim
Old Jul 27, 2001, 07:58 PM
tic
Find More Posts by tic
tic
thunderscreech
yeah, very easy to do.. in a hurry.. set up the charger.. oops, wrong profile.. or forgot to add a decimal point.