May 15, 2013, 01:09 PM
what you can do instead of removing the rubber dampening, is to change it with 300g one from foxtech, or some poeple have done that, is to put some ear plug in each rubber hole...i think i will try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers
Important Note... The rubber dampening mounts provided with the gimbal are USELESS. way too soft. I have removed those and mounted the gimbal directly to the frame using cable ties. My frame has minimum vibrations as I have balanced CF props and all the screws are treadlocked.The motors are decent. Using the AX2810Q from Bevrc. I have a tarot Fy 680 Hexa frame full CF with Naza GPS running the latest firmware. Not a bad setup I should say.

With the rubber mounts gone, the vibrations are reduced and the gimbal works as expected. Shooting at 1080 25 fps reveals a perfect video.

Next test - flying outdoors aggressively and tuning the roll and pitch values to adjust power to remove any unwanted shakes if any.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2013, 01:14 PM
Offer help but need help more
To Vislaw,
any unit need to be registered, we register some units for customers before sent, others not registered since you need to register every time when you update the firmware.
So only when you get your register code, then you get an unlocking gimbals, no matter if you need to register or not now.
I don't know if this is clear enough, and hope my post is not misunderstood again.
In one word, no matter where you bought your gimbal, a register code is needed(the code is valid forever), unless you don't want any firmware update service.
And the registration is can't be changed unless you send back the gimbal and ask the factory to develop a new bootloader and new anti-hack policy.
Although it's a little annoying, but it's the truth.
anyway, the register is very easy, seconds' work.
Last edited by Matt_2012; May 15, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
May 15, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_2012
If only that were true. Takes sending an email, waiting, and then seeing if register works at all. And none of this was even known until today, you guys even had to rework the guide today to even make mention of it.

Just a word of advice, take it how you like, but if I were BEVRC I'd tone down the holier than thou our customers are a pain in the ass attitude that seems to extend in all your communications be it here, email, Facebook, etc. There have been complete lies and false information provided by BEVRC on the shipping process, PayPal refunds, etc so you might want to be a bit more humble when helping people that you took money from on a flaky locked down product that was sold as plug and play.
May 15, 2013, 01:21 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_2012
To Vislaw, this is a support thread, not a sales thread, so you can save it.
any unit need to be registered, we register some units for customers before sent, others not registered since you need to register every time when you update the firmware.
So only when you get your register code, then you get an unlocking gimbals, no matter if you need to register or not now.
I don't know if this is clear enough, and hope my post is not misunderstood again.
In one word, no matter where you bought your gimbal, a register code is needed(the code is valid forever), unless you don't want any firmware update service.
And the registration is can't be changed unless you send back the gimbal and ask the factory to develop a new bootloader and new anti-hack policy.
Although it's a little annoying, but it's the truth.
Thank you for the post, Matt. I'm just trying to understand this issue.

If I am reading correctly, you say that EVERY gimbal will have to get a registration code to be able to get firmware updates.

I believe you indicated that FoxTechFPV is one of your dealers. Since I bought from them, do I have to ask them for a registration code?

I would appreciate if you can help clarify this as it will make things much more simple for everybody. Right now it is a bit confusing.
May 15, 2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Important Note... The rubber dampening mounts provided with the gimbal are USELESS. way too soft. I have removed those and mounted the gimbal directly to the frame using cable ties. My frame has minimum vibrations as I have balanced CF props and all the screws are treadlocked.The motors are decent. Using the AX2810Q from Bevrc. I have a tarot Fy 680 Hexa frame full CF with Naza GPS running the latest firmware. Not a bad setup I should say.

With the rubber mounts gone, the vibrations are reduced and the gimbal works as expected. Shooting at 1080 25 fps reveals a perfect video.

Next test - flying outdoors aggressively and tuning the roll and pitch values to adjust power to remove any unwanted shakes if any.
It's 6 100g DaYu AV damping balls, if your payload is nake gopro, 2 options can be made:
1: Add some foam between the balls
2: Change the left and right 2 balls to 300g ones
Depends on your payload, not everyone need to change it.
May 15, 2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw
Thank you for the post, Matt. I'm just trying to understand this issue.

If I am reading correctly, you say that EVERY gimbal will have to get a registration code to be able to get firmware updates.

I believe you indicated that FoxTechFPV is one of your dealers. Since I bought from them, do I have to ask them for a registration code?

I would appreciate if you can help clarify this as it will make things much more simple for everybody. Right now it is a bit confusing.
Sorry, I think my colleague's FB page make you misunderstood, Fu is also one of the vendor of Mastor factory under the agreement of BEVRC and mastor factory, every vendor only have the codes of gimbals they have, so you need to ask your vendor to get the registering codes.
Every gimbal need to be registered after the firmware update, so the register code is needed for everyone I think.
Last edited by Matt_2012; May 15, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
May 15, 2013, 01:39 PM
To Flitelab, although I am one main member of BEVRC, and I am trying to offer support here, but as this thread start said, I want to make the thread as clean as possible, only tech support here, you are also a vendor I think you know it's important to keep a thread clean to help people better.
If you can't get your gimbal working, you can offer more details and I may can offer help.
May 15, 2013, 01:39 PM
Suggestion :- please paste the registration code on the gimbal box on a sticker... Aint that simple ???
May 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
Ok. Need Tech Support...

Matt, Why does the Green Initialize button in the settings tool does not work ? When I press that, the gimbal stops. What is that for ???
May 15, 2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Suggestion :- please paste the registration code on the gimbal box on a sticker... Aint that simple ???
Yes, that's what we will do for current batch now.
May 15, 2013, 01:53 PM
TECH SUPPORT NEEDED.
My unit only works for 3 minutes.
How do I fix this?

How is this Plug and Play
May 15, 2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Ok. Need Tech Support...

Matt, Why does the Green Initialize button in the settings tool does not work ? When I press that, the gimbal stops. What is that for ???
It's used to reset the sensor of IMU, don't do it regularly, only when the temp is changed a lot and the gimbals is stay unused for a long time, keep your gimbal still during the process.
After 5 seconds, stop the connection and cycle the power.
May 15, 2013, 01:58 PM
Indoor test video

Mastor-G Gimbal for GOPRO Indoor Test Flight on Hexa (3 min 5 sec)
Last edited by aeromodellers; May 15, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
May 15, 2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVWorkshop
TECH SUPPORT NEEDED.
My unit only works for 3 minutes.
How do I fix this?

How is this Plug and Play
My english must be too bad that you can't understand any word, ask your vendor for register code, I have no codes for you.

How can I use the ignoring list?
May 15, 2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Link doesn't work for me.