Thread Tools
May 20, 2013, 02:55 AM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
Easy fix with firmware. I know from knocking around with Alexmos stuff, the motors need more power.


Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
Exactly. It's the same movement, it falls down one "step" then recovers. It is fairly consistent looking in the flight videos.

The gimbal seems to stabilize well when it works, but these jitters and the protection shutdowns are two major issues that make it basically unusable as is.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin
Easy fix with firmware. I know from knocking around with Alexmos stuff, the motors need more power.
The question becomes will they bother to fix it?
May 20, 2013, 05:47 AM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
The question becomes will they bother to fix it?
I think perhaps we won't see much. I'm nearly ready to write this off as a bad investment. Heading to Martinez this week.
May 20, 2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin
I think perhaps we won't see much. I'm nearly ready to write this off as a bad investment. Heading to Martinez this week.
I'd personally go with AlexMos board. Of all the ones I've tested so far my bets results were with the AlexMos. The Open Source board I could not get to keep level.

It is too bad so many of these gimbals are being dumped on the market that really aren't working properly.

I expect the MastorG will be a long ongoing headache based on the delays and firmware nonsense and registration etc to date.
May 20, 2013, 06:37 AM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
I'd personally go with AlexMos board. Of all the ones I've tested so far my bets results were with the AlexMos. The Open Source board I could not get to keep level.

It is too bad so many of these gimbals are being dumped on the market that really aren't working properly.

I expect the MastorG will be a long ongoing headache based on the delays and firmware nonsense and registration etc to date.
I am getting better results on Martinez than mastor-g. Have Fabiens stuff coming soon. That'll be a winner.
May 20, 2013, 08:30 AM
Registered User
Here my 2 day test with the mastor-g...not bad but he need to fix the boucing tilt
MASTOR G gimbal test (3 min 1 sec)
May 20, 2013, 09:26 AM
Registered User

loose screws


Just been setting up my Mastor-g and found that almost all the screws are not tighten up fully. one actually fell out.
Also wrestled with a high pictched vibration that is caused by the antivibration rubbers being to soft. I just slipped a couple of small cable ties around the rear two and it went away. There seems to be a slight slow movement in the roll axis that is there when the system is at rest. Also I cant get the software to talk to the unit any clues? first flight tomorrow.
May 20, 2013, 01:10 PM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
Sounds like you have it tuned the best you can. Congratulations, that's as good as you will get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPP
Just been setting up my Mastor-g and found that almost all the screws are not tighten up fully. one actually fell out.
Also wrestled with a high pictched vibration that is caused by the antivibration rubbers being to soft. I just slipped a couple of small cable ties around the rear two and it went away. There seems to be a slight slow movement in the roll axis that is there when the system is at rest. Also I cant get the software to talk to the unit any clues? first flight tomorrow.
May 20, 2013, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin
Sounds like you have it tuned the best you can. Congratulations, that's as good as you will get it.
Salocin,

How did you get yours working so well? Your video you posted of the landscape came out wonderful. I don't see any jitter or bouncing in the video.
Last edited by Skumbag; May 20, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
May 20, 2013, 03:23 PM

Number Please..........


C'mon
I was the second post on here. I went out and bought a windows laptop per your request MATT.

Please email me PM me or call me and give me the number already?

What the hell is going on, this thing was obviously not ready when you shipped it. Now you are going to supply the right dampers, big thanks to prebuyers
I email you minute one and said you were using the wrong ones, if a gimbal is rated for a 250g camera why did you use 100g dampers? Got no reply on that question either. I guess cause like all other issues that could have been avoided, you sent this out half done.

Send me my F'ing number already so i can use this longer than 3 minutes.
If you were in any country but china you would be in class action suit by now.
You will not string me along past 45 days, i already filed disput on day 44, if you do not send me the number i am escalating to a claim...

FED UP...
May 20, 2013, 03:36 PM
Registered User
Rappy_Chappy's Avatar
I'm not gloating but I'm glad I bought mine from FoxTech. Mine was supplied already registered and FoxTech emailed my code to me today for when FW updates become available. I know there are teething problems - I have the bounce like most others but this thing is brand new so I'm not going to write it off just yet.
May 20, 2013, 03:50 PM

Bev rc sucks


Yeah thats the kicker...
I have one from fox tech and one from BEVRC.
And BEVRC is the problem, not the gimbal.
My foxtech unit is working awesome, already balanced and gave it a test run, no bounce, super smooth, no high whine, on a 2s pack too.

BEV RC unit still doesn't run for longer than 3 mins after a weeks time, and makes the most horrible high pitched noise, like a tube TV.

They replied to Paypal in 7 minutes that they want it back and i should return the unit for a refund, but they don't reply to me in a week. And it cost 123.05 postage to ship it back by the required method, signature with a express carrier fully insured.
DHL was what paypal used for the quote.
So now its my option be out $329 for this or spend another $123 usd and hope i get the $329 back, with the possibility it gets lost and i am out $452usd

One thing is for sure BEVRC knows how to perfectly manipulate the rules of Paypal. I have been paying attention, and I have a new business model that I am starting in china. I sell awesome things at great prices, but you just get robbed. Thanks for letting me know this is all okay and you support it Paypal.
Last edited by AVWorkshop; May 20, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
May 20, 2013, 04:06 PM
Carbon Flyer
Techcoder's Avatar

Will Mat Reply?


I purchased mine from BEVRC. Gimbal working on 22 roll, 15 pitch. decent video on 1080p.

Here is the problem they have not responded to:

If I enter 10 for degree's down the camera goes up 10 degrees, not down. If I use RC pitch control the the camera will go down to around 35 degrees and stop, but if I go up the camera can go straight up. This also seems backwards.
May 20, 2013, 04:15 PM
Registered User
Rappy_Chappy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVWorkshop
Yeah thats the kicker...
I have one from fox tech and one from BEVRC.
And BEVRC is the problem, not the gimbal.
My foxtech unit is working awesome, already balanced and gave it a test run, no bounce, super smooth, no high whine, on a 2s pack too.

BEV RC unit still doesn't run for longer than 3 mins after a weeks time, and makes the most horrible high pitched noise, like a tube TV.

They replied to Paypal in 7 minutes that they want it back and i should return the unit for a refund, but they don't reply to me in a week. And it cost 123.05 postage to ship it back by the required method, signature with a express carrier fully insured.
DHL was what paypal used for the quote.
So now its my option be out $329 for this or spend another $123 usd and hope i get the $329 back, with the possibility it gets lost and i am out $452usd

One thing is for sure BEVRC knows how to perfectly manipulate the rules of Paypal. I have been paying attention, and I have a new business model that I am starting in china. I sell awesome things at great prices, but you just get robbed. Thanks for letting me know this is all okay and you support it Paypal.
I've read nothing but bad stuff about this "BEVRC" crowd and I will certainly never order anything from them. I'm sorry good guys are being fleeced by them and thank goodness there are other Chinese companies like FoxTech who seem to actually embrace moral values.

Regarding your FoxTech supplied gimbal; what power levels are you running on that with the 2s battery?
May 20, 2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappy_Chappy
Regarding your FoxTech supplied gimbal; what power levels are you running on that with the 2s battery?
battery is 8.4 volts fully charged, ran down to 7.4v
roll 35
pitch 32


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappy_Chappy
If I enter 10 for degree's down the camera goes up 10 degrees, not down. If I use RC pitch control the the camera will go down to around 35 degrees and stop, but if I go up the camera can go straight up. This also seems backwards.
try -10
I put -45 and mine starts perfectly at 45 degrees down, I use a pot (dial) switch to control. Futaba 8J. also motor on the right if you are looking at the thing.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Mastor brushless gimbals for gopro trinco Multirotor Drone Talk 576 Oct 11, 2013 04:33 PM
News Mastor-G Brushless Gimbals for GoPro awagar Multirotor Drone Talk 27 Jul 04, 2013 07:11 PM
Discussion Mastor-G Brushless Gimbal For DJI F550? pseudopod Aerial Photography 3 May 10, 2013 10:13 AM
For Sale Mastor-G gimbal NEW hdworld Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 5 May 09, 2013 03:25 PM
New Product Pre-Order of Mastor-G Brushless Gimbals thanksbuyer Multirotor Drone Talk 12 May 06, 2013 09:47 AM