May 15, 2013, 10:47 AM
Offer help but need help more
New Product

Official support thread for Mastor-G brushless gimbal

This thread is used to offer support for customers who bought Mastor-G brushless gimbal from BEVRC, please keep it as clean as possible.

Mastor-G brushless gimbal for gopro

Specs:

Based on STM32 32-bits high-speed MCU(tens of times faster than other open-source solutions)

Support Gopro Hero1/2/3 HD camera and some small DC under 200g

Super easy to configure based on intelligent PID adaptive algorithm, nearly plug and play, what you need is just to adjust the COG of different cameras, and adjust the power output parameter according to the weight of the camera, no need PID adjustment.

Suitable for multi-rotor bigger than 450mm wheelbase, 700 class or bigger helicopter and airplanes with wingspan over 1.8m

Weight: 232g without camera

Size: 10.7(12.5)*11*12cm

Roll angle limit: > 360 degrees

Pitch angle limit: >180 degrees, can be controlled by any proportional channel(stick or knob, recommend), 3-positional switch channel

Stabilizing speed: roll: 178 degrees/s; pitch: 182 degrees/s

Control accuracy: roll: 0.07 degrees; pitch: 0.05 degrees

12-hours angle drift: 0.12-1.5 degrees

Suitable payload: 120g-400g

Recommend camera: gopro hero1,hero2, hero3, or similar cameras

Suitable flying wind Speed: < 38km/h

Power: 2-4 cell lipo, 3-cell recommend, can be powered as high as 6-cell(the high voltage input need to be reduce the power output parameters in the configuration tool.)

Current:160mA ~ 400mA

Support AV out

COG adjustment range: X: 28mm Y:12mm Z:36mm

Download the quick start manual here:http://www.bevrc.com/download/Mastor...02013-5-18.pdf,
Config tool here:http://www.bevrc.com/download/GoPro-...20Software.zip

Raw video from our reviewer of Mastor-G (4 min 15 sec)

Mastor-G in HTEC Hexa frame (12 min 3 sec)

Mastor-G in a GAUI Hexa frame (6 min 0 sec)

Fly in A1Hobby party in windy day with Mastor-G (7 min 37 sec)

A pick-up customer get his mastor-G gimbals working (3 min 11 sec)

Mastor-G in a double-wing plane (0 min 46 sec)
Last edited by Matt_2012; May 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2013, 11:10 AM
Please fix the GUI so it is fully English (or other languages as well) and not a mix of half translated items.

Also make the text readable and not wrapped and cutoff.

I would suggest removal of the registration process all together, that is a major annoyance.

Can someone also please explain the LED lights and their meaning, seems at some stages it goes into a fast flash and the motors are unresponsive and only solution is to repower the gimbal. What is the cause for this and what is it meant to mean?
May 15, 2013, 11:26 AM
Why does it only work for 3 mins. It does not say that on the web page or that a PC was needed to register the software.
I do not own a Windows computer, I have a MAC. The software in link doesn't run on MAC.
Config tool here:www.bevrc.com/download/Configure%20tool.zip
How do I make my gimbal work longer than 3 minutes?
Also as soon as I move it, it freaks out and stops working, light flashes and drops to the side.
It is balanced with GP3.

Also just so you and everybody knows. I ordered mine April 2. You never emailed back over a months time. You said you refunded me on May 8th, and sent a false Paypal transaction. I then ordered from foxtech, I received my Gimbalin 3 days. Then after foxtech unit was delivered you told paypal that you mailed it, provided a tracking that still shows in Hong Kong, and told PP you refuse refund. I still do not have a unit from you. If it shows up I am refusing it. Then PP should refund me, as they promised they would.

Thanks
May 15, 2013, 11:26 AM
For flitelab:
GUI is being revised now, I can't persuade the factory to remove the registration indeed, but we can register every unit for customer before sent from now on. Also I plan to upload videos to help people to get it work easier, but I don't know how to embed youtube video here till now.

For your situation:
1: Please check if any cable obstruct the movement of the pitch and roll
2: A severe shaking or movement will trigger the protect logic and you need to cycle the power the reboot the controller, this function is added to protect the motor or driving board when crash or a cable stop the movement of the motors.
Last edited by Matt_2012; May 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
May 15, 2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_2012
GUI is being revised now, I can't persuade the factory to remove the registration indeed, but we can register every unit for customer before sent from now on. Also I plan to upload videos to help people to get it work easier, but I don't know how to embed youtube video here till now.

For your situation:
1: Please check if any cable obstruct the movement of the pitch and roll
2: A severe shaking or movement will trigger the protect logic and you need to cycle the power the reboot the controller, this function is added to protect the motor or driving board when crash or a cable stop the movement of the motors.
Cables are clean.
I am not even moving the unit, it starts up, levels out, shakes for a few seconds then drops to the side (Roll Axis).

Okay please register my unit for me.
May 15, 2013, 11:50 AM
I've sent e-mail and PM on facebook to get my registration code and no answer. Please get that done before you start working on this "support" thread.
May 15, 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morteng
I've sent e-mail and PM on facebook to get my registration code and no answer. Please get that done before you start working on this "support" thread.
It's not working time now, so Linda may have to reply you tomorrow, bu you can PM me here to get your register code
May 15, 2013, 11:57 AM
Matt just PM'd me and said he will not answer my questions because i bought the unit at foxtech and they dont have to do with it and will not support it.

Hey MATT go read the post on BEVRC FB page.
"also for customers who ask refund and go foxtech to buy, I should say thanks, because they are one of our dealers also."

So how do i get it to run longer than 3 mins.
And according to you i will have mine from you any day now.
will it not have the same 3min issue?
May 15, 2013, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=AVWorkshop;25001930]Matt just PM'd me and said he will not answer my questions because i bought the unit at foxtech and they dont have to do with it and will not support it.

Hey MATT go read the post on BEVRC FB page.
"also for customers who ask refund and go foxtech to buy, I should say thanks, because they are one of our dealers also."

So how do i get it to run longer than 3 mins.
And according to you i will have mine from you any day now.
will it not have the same 3min issue?[/QUOTE

Be smart, I want to keep my thread clean, I can't support anyone bought mastor-G not sent by us, because factory sent kits to vendors directly, vendors assemble and do QC check themselves, and we only have register codes for units we sent, don't have others'. For your rudeness, I think I need to post your PM, be noted, not I PMed you, I just reply your PM :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by AVWorkshop
Hello
my unit only works for 3 mins.
That is unacceptable, How to fix this.

I do not own a windows PC.
only a MAC.

Thanks
Please contact your vendor, I have no idea the details for any unit not sent from us, because the factory only send us kits, vendors assemble and do the QC themselves.
Also please keep our thread as clean as possible, it's used to offer tech support only, not complaint.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in order to end the useless argument, please get rid of this thread, I have no much time to spend on this and have lots of customers need to support everyday.
May 15, 2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_2012
This needs to be reworked, even slight movement can trigger it I have found. No other controller does this. As it is now it seems to randomly fail. Some movements trigger it sometimes and other times it doesn't. You can flick it with your finger and cause it to shutdown.

As for the registration process, this should have been mentioned prior to being sold. No one assumes this was a locked gimbal. With all the "issues" to date BEVRC needs to do something for some good will at this point IMHO.
May 15, 2013, 12:45 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
I bought my MASTOR G from FoxTechFPV.com and I used their configuration utility, which you download from their site. When doing so, my gimbal does NOT require registration. The registration tab is GREEN and shows "NOT", which according to the operation manual means the gimbal is registered.

I can only assume that the FoxTechFPV folks either A) registered the gimbal for me; or, B) altered their setting tool (config) to not require registration. I'd be interested to hear from other FoxTechFPV buyers to see if they can confirm this.

I will say that I've had a number of transactions with FoxTechFPV in the past and they have always been prompt, professional and attentive. It would have surprised me if I had found that they sold me a gimbal that only worked 3 minutes and required registration without them making this clear on their website. If my experience is the norm, I would highly recommend people buy from FoxTechFPV rather than deal with the crazy registration process being reported here.
May 15, 2013, 12:50 PM
I got my code from Matt. My gimbal is registered now. It does not shut down after 3 mins now. Working as expected. The protection is a little irritating.But i guess we cant do much about it as of now. Lets hope that the manufacturer improves these flaws in the future upgrades.

Uploading video - indoors. first flight with mastor G
May 15, 2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
This needs to be reworked, even slight movement can trigger it I have found. No other controller does this. As it is now it seems to randomly fail. Some movements trigger it sometimes and other times it doesn't. You can flick it with your finger and cause it to shutdown.

As for the registration process, this should have been mentioned prior to being sold. No one assumes this was a locked gimbal. With all the "issues" to date BEVRC needs to do something for some good will at this point IMHO.
What's the pitch and roll output for you unit now? you may need to increase it a little bit I think, it won't be triggered for normal use.
Although factory even in BEVRC, the editor declare it's plug and play system, but from a tech supporter's view, please take it seriously and adjust as good as you can to get the best performance, because it's not limited to a fixed camera and fixed voltage. adjust carefully the COG and pitch and roll output, although you are all experience RC players, but you still need to take it carefully when you want to get the best performance.
May 15, 2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers
I got my code from Matt. My gimbal is registered now. It does not shut down after 3 mins now. Working as expected. The protection is a little irritating.But i guess we cant do much about it as of now. Lets hope that the manufacturer improves these flaws in the future upgrades.

Uploading video - indoors. first flight with mastor G
You will never encounter it in normal flight, you can have a test.
May 15, 2013, 12:58 PM
Important Note... The rubber dampening mounts provided with the gimbal are USELESS. way too soft. I have removed those and mounted the gimbal directly to the frame using cable ties. My frame has minimum vibrations as I have balanced CF props and all the screws are treadlocked.The motors are decent. Using the AX2810Q from Bevrc. I have a tarot Fy 680 Hexa frame full CF with Naza GPS running the latest firmware. Not a bad setup I should say.

With the rubber mounts gone, the vibrations are reduced and the gimbal works as expected. Shooting at 1080 25 fps reveals a perfect video.

Next test - flying outdoors aggressively and tuning the roll and pitch values to adjust power to remove any unwanted shakes if any.