Dec 23, 2018, 07:34 AM
Mach One
I would save and get the real microbeast and not worry . Next thing that might happen is this will cause a crash and you will never know why or how it happened . Save yourself a headache and get the real deal.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2018, 08:04 AM
I would get a Kbar. I have seven in various flavours - and they perform identically. I have yet to read of anyone buying a dud. I hate TX programming with LED's, and find programming the Kbar with a pc much easier, and it's unambiguous.

The Kbar adds many very useful features too - such as the Live View vibration analysis, invaluable for troubleshooting vibes, and the Event Log, which records some flight information and reports vibration, low voltage, signal errors amongst other things, making it a great diagnostic tool. It has "auto trim" which will fine tune the servos to give a hover with no drift, and the "optimiser" which equalises pitch, roll and yaw rates.

All in all, I consider it to be streets ahead of the BX, although the two controllers fly pretty much the same. Kbar prices aren't as low as they once were, but you can still pick one up for $30 or so. My cheapest was $19 shipped, and flies as well as all my others.
Dec 24, 2018, 12:31 AM
I will have a look into the Kbar, thanks for the advice which is much appreciated. If that does not convince me, I may wait for another Christmas and go for the Microbeast ;-)
Dec 24, 2018, 05:58 PM
I had tgz380 and it worked fine(sample=1). if you don't want to fool with a laptop computer a tgz380 or micro beast is your only choice.

A lot to be said for not having to get the laptop out. There is always the bluetooth app or the Icard but they are a little messy as well..

If you have a laptop I recomend the KBAR.

I am using (2)Kbars and (3)ZXY-S so what do I know.
Dec 24, 2018, 06:30 PM
rc user
I'd say you know something.

anyways, i can't keep track of the beastx menu in my head so programming at a field or something would be useless unless i carried a laptop or a cheat sheet.
Feb 16, 2020, 12:10 PM
Is there a manual for this thing..

I set one up on my 300x using a spektrum Satellite RX

I was able to bind it

I power it up and the leds just keep "marching back and forth"
c
I connected everything as it is in the Middle image on the instructions that came with it!
Last edited by metalwizard; Oct 26, 2020 at 10:25 PM.
Feb 17, 2020, 04:02 PM
I ususlly bind the sats on a full function RX first, then you can just plug them and go.
Feb 17, 2020, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3
I ususlly bind the sats on a full function RX first, then you can just plug them and go.
I had no problem binding it..

But after binding it I turn it on and the leds do there little march around... but NEVER STOP...
Oct 25, 2020, 10:24 AM
Im not sure what Im doing wrong I have one of these im setting up on a 300CFX

I put a bind plug in SYS and bound it no problem.

I turn it on with out the bind plug A and B light up then it cycles through a-n a few times... then it starts cycling through H-n only and never connects.

Im lost any suggestions...

ONE QUESTION a REGULAR satellite receiver connected to the ELE port or do I have the wrong kind of satellite??
Oct 26, 2020, 10:25 PM
Anybody??

Bueller?

Fry?
Oct 27, 2020, 01:32 PM
Sorry I cant help, the last time I used one of those I direct connected it to a receiver.
I did not know they still made them.
Nov 04, 2020, 03:41 PM
I give up on this piece of crap..

Bought a r617xl receiver that wont even bind to the junk.

at least the spektrum receiver binds to it..

just wont do a damn thing when you turn it on...

anyone want this come get it out of my trash.

thanks for the help
Nov 04, 2020, 04:15 PM
rc user
i had 2 of them die.

just get a kbar.
Nov 05, 2020, 11:12 AM
I have a friend with a lot of money and no kids or nephews to leave it to. He bought a small Goblin and wanted to get it flying. I offered to take the KBAR off of one of my 450s and set it up for him. He went out and bought a Mikado transmitter and a neo so he could make adjustments from the transmitter. Thousands of dollars later he still has not figured it out.
Someone has to pay for the Mikado R&D so the Chinese can copy it.
Germany VS China. I would buy a ticket.

China has plagiarized, stolen, copied from everyone on the planet. Lets hope that America does not end up with a president who supports that activity.... but as long we can still get our $30 KBARS.... I feel so dirty.
Nov 07, 2020, 09:44 AM
well i threw it in the trash.. put a Ar7200 on it..

Just wanted to try it..

Quick Reply