This thread is privately moderated by Ayodhya, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 12, 2013, 09:22 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Thread OP
Discussion

Joint project - Dialfonzo & Ayo Nano

Yes yes finally I can sleep well at night knowing I have my friend Dialfonzo aka Eric on a cooperated effort for making an all carbon fiber frame for the x4

Eric has a really cool collection of custom designed quads and I think I would learn a lot from him and the overall project would benefit a lot from his Input!

This is not the 3d printed Shuriken which will be printed soon coincidentally !

This ... Is... Something .. New.. Taking after the original Shuriken sketch that I designed prior to the 3d printable shuriken I recently finished.

It takes after the original design I initially made before swerving off towards the 3d printable quad...

The frame will seat the following internals from the hubsan x4 :

Hubsan X4 fc - http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hu...4-p-63729.html

7mm coreless motors - http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-2-...r-p-63727.html

Walker qr ladybird props http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-63732.html
Or x4 props ( I prefer ladybird props as they are more stable less wobble of death)

Udi 1s 240mah battery http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-63732.html
Last edited by Ayodhya; May 16, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2013, 09:36 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Ahh, some ultralight machined carbon plate....
*SUBSCRIBED

-mike-
May 12, 2013, 09:38 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Subscribed... Of course...!
May 12, 2013, 09:51 AM
Haha big sluggers getting involved now.
Cant wait to see where this goes.
Ive got an X4 sitting around, so this could get fun.

Subscribed.
May 12, 2013, 10:02 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Subscribe.... I gotta see this.
May 12, 2013, 10:06 AM
Thread OP
Since the motor wires are actually ver small in diameter ( under 1mm) Initial thought of running the wires through the frame in such a manner.. Makes it neat..

N yes I know cog is wrong in this sketch lol.. Just put it up to show the prior proposed method of routing the wires to be soldered to fc !

Post 1 edited with electronics.
Last edited by Ayodhya; May 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
May 12, 2013, 11:27 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
I want, I want, I want!
May 12, 2013, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74
I want, I want, I want!
Soon enough thanks to Eric.. You will, you will, you will!

I remember how you always wanted this when I sketched it. I wanted it too..
unfortunately I had no way of actually making it.. And I lacked insight on improving.. So I asked help from someone who does know his stuff
May 12, 2013, 03:31 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
Outstanding Ayo! I'm excited and have been watching both threads. Waiting patiently ....
May 12, 2013, 03:42 PM
524347726f7570732052756c6 521
Hi Ayo...

Following this thread too. I'm very glad to see a continued effort on your frames. I can't wait to see you get through the testing phase and then letting us know when we can get one, or two, or three... You get the picture!

Shanman
May 12, 2013, 04:00 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Looks good Ayo.
Keep having fun!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
May 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
Thread OP
Thank you guys! Let's all enjoy this! And biggest thanks to Eric for getting in on this and making it possible!
May 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
I'm curious about weight, will this be lighter than the stock frame?
I ask, because the original X4 is JUST a smidgen too heavy to lug around a mini FPV set for a decent amount of time.
The stock one can do it, but it plods around like a tractor and tuckers out after 4 minutes.
May 12, 2013, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
I'm curious about weight, will this be lighter than the stock frame?
I ask, because the original X4 is JUST a smidgen too heavy to lug around a mini FPV set for a decent amount of time.
The stock one can do it, but it plods around like a tractor and tuckers out after 4 minutes.
Hi !

As I'm no expert in carbon milling and creating, I cannot give a figure. But what I can tell you is the shuriken which takes up from its attributes when printed in 3d sla hits 5 grams on naked frame.. This is mainly because of the additional ribbing for reinforcement I incorporated into the existing form of the frame..the cf will not require such additional reinforcement as it is stronger..

Hence lesser weight..

You can check the x4 shuriken on my blog, I just prepped it for 3d printing..just rendered the final cad a few days ago..

One first print is done and tested on the shuriken I can reduce weight further.. Then I was planning to set it up with 520 tvl 1gram cam and 5.8 ghz 10mw transmitter (70 ma current draw.. With an easy cap usb reciver with a circular polarized antenna , receiver sensitivity is -90 dBM , so I plug it to my laptop or tv and voila big screen fpv ...well that was the plan before..
May 12, 2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya
Then I was planning to set it up with 520 tvl 1gram cam and 5.8 ghz 10mw transmitter (70 ma current draw.. With an easy cap usb reciver with a circular polarized antenna , receiver sensitivity is -90 dBM , so I plug it to my laptop or tv and voila big screen fpv ...well that was the plan before..
You dont say!

If I could somehow manage to get that onto a slightly lighter version of the hubsan,
I might hit flight times that are actually worth it. So I cant wait to see where the shuriken will take us!

Quick Reply