This thread is privately moderated by sir_clive, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 12, 2013, 04:57 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Guppy

Hi,

I just finished my first balsa e-glider with built-up wings: the gorgeous GUPPY (see https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539755), with a few minor modifications:

1. Made the fuse 6mm wider. No idea how you people manage to cram all the electronics into the original fuse!
2. Didn't make the fuse quite as nice and smooth as the original plans call for, out of the fear that covering it would be much harder. Turned out the fear was exaggerated, I think the next time, I'd make it nice and round, as shown on the plans.

The plane is wonderful, and I'm pretty happy with the result. I'm afraid it will take some time until the first test-flight: right now, the weather is not suitable and the next week-end, I'm on a trip, but I hope I'll manage to make at least a few trimming tosses.

The AUW is shy over 500g, with the 3s 1000mAh LIPO and a EMAX CF2822 motor with a 8x4.5 folding prop, which seems to be a bit of an over-kill. Maybe a 2s would also be suitable, I'll have to test it.

The covering film is from HobbyKing, turned out to be just GREAT, at a laughable fraction of the price some other, well-known films. As I said, my first covering job, and I had no problems at all.

I know, some parts could still use some care and finish.
Last edited by sir_clive; May 12, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply