This thread is privately moderated by limmacslim, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 11, 2013, 11:44 AM
Thread OP
Yippee!

Eurofighter typhoon

This is my profile Eurofighter (620mm wingspan) which has not flown yet, right now it has a 3000kv BW motor, TGS 4.5x4.5 prop & 1000mah 3S gensace lipo.

Im hoping this jet will be a bit more slippery, I flattened down the cockpit & nose slightly, the vertical stabilizer is also a tiny bit shorter. Im not entirely sure what to do about the canards, if the Maiden flight without them is good I may remove them. I do want to make them work at some point & explore the control side of things but right now I have some pretty obnoxious ideas for this plane, it involves more kv & less drag , I was in 2 minds to make up a underbody but decided to keep it simple for now.
This one is pretty much a prototype, I expect more load on the wings with a heavier/faster setup & will also use a carbon rod through the span of the main wing to stop them bending.
The lipo is well forward which I dont like, 2000mah will sit further back. I am glad I did not hang the motor/prop off the tail as I originally intended, would have ended up needing a lot of ballast.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2013, 10:18 AM
We can rebuild it!
Looks nice dude, I'll follow this one. See you back in the micro thread.

Quick Reply