New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 14, 2004, 08:16 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by larry g
boomer, could you draw out a rib pattern for your wing and post
it , sure looks good. thanks larry g
Here is a scan of the actual pattern. Print it out so it is 4.5" long.
boomer
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:02 PM
War Bird Radio is offline
Find More Posts by War Bird Radio
"Superior Air Power"
War Bird Radio's Avatar
Say, what do you call it anyway, a Boomer Stick?

John
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:04 PM
OzzieFlyer is offline
Find More Posts by OzzieFlyer
Registered User
If it comes back to you, you can call it at Boomerang

In fact, the rib shape is not too dissimilar from a traditional hunting boomerang. (just a bit of useless trivia for ya)
Last edited by OzzieFlyer; Jan 14, 2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 03:00 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Final word after flying several battery packs through it! First I would extend the rib to at least 6 inches instead of the 4-1/2" I used as the higher wing loading makes the plane fly too fast for the little cul de sac to be comfortable. I didn't have a problem but things happen to quickly to be comfortable! With a little less wing loading it would be great! I would also use hardwood small dowel for the leading edge to give the wing more strength because in a loop you can see quite a bit of flexing or go to a center spar. Other than that it's a great little flyer.
boomer
Old Jan 15, 2004, 03:37 PM
SlowRider is offline
Find More Posts by SlowRider
It's the last plane honey
SlowRider's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by OzzieFlyer
If it comes back to you, you can call it at Boomerang

LOL! That's classic !


Very nice design Boomer.

Andy
Old Jan 17, 2004, 05:38 PM
TooTall is offline
Find More Posts by TooTall
victim of the system
TooTall's Avatar
this is excellent for the winter project I am looking for....may I ask the length?.....and did you cover only the top side?......thanks for the info on lengthing the rib .......Thanks Tom
Old Jan 17, 2004, 05:50 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by TooTall
this is excellent for the winter project I am looking for....may I ask the length?.....and did you cover only the top side?......thanks for the info on lengthing the rib .......Thanks Tom
Top side only covered on the wing. Tail feathers covered both sides. WS=30" Fuse length 17" but this can be longer if you widen the wing.
boomer
Old Jan 17, 2004, 05:55 PM
TooTall is offline
Find More Posts by TooTall
victim of the system
TooTall's Avatar
thanks boomer.....I printed the rib pattern at 6" ....hope you don't mind me copying this one....I have been looking for a kit to build but this is much more interesting to go for.......what do you think of an IPS A drive....I have one on hand....too much power? I have an S1 drive also but it is the dual and may add too much weight .....Thanks again....Tom
Old Jan 17, 2004, 06:02 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by TooTall
thanks boomer.....I printed the rib pattern at 6" ....hope you don't mind me copying this one....I have been looking for a kit to build but this is much more interesting to go for.......what do you think of an IPS A drive....I have one on hand....too much power? I have an S1 drive also but it is the dual and may add too much weight .....Thanks again....Tom
A drive should work fine but I would add a wing spar or use hardwood for the leading and trailing edge. Due to the extra weight & power. You will also have to extend the landing gear to clear the prop.
boomer
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:22 AM
dbruening80 is offline
Find More Posts by dbruening80
Registered User
Boomer,

Great looking aircraft. What type of covering material did you use, also, is there a main spar for the wing, or just LE and TE
Old Jan 25, 2004, 01:00 AM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by dbruening80
Boomer,

Great looking aircraft. What type of covering material did you use, also, is there a main spar for the wing, or just LE and TE
Covering is SoLite no main spar but use laminated trailing and LE or hardwood.
boomer
Old Jan 25, 2004, 01:04 AM
Paul Penney is offline
Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Senior Member
Paul Penney's Avatar
Awww... thats a cutie... even if it is a stick airplane

Paul
Old Jan 25, 2004, 08:32 AM
TooTall is offline
Find More Posts by TooTall
victim of the system
TooTall's Avatar
Mine is coming along well......need to cover and install the electrics.......going to the six inch wing chord and a length of 20 inches where should I be looking for this to balance? I am thinking somewhere around one third of the chord...
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:10 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by TooTall
Mine is coming along well......need to cover and install the electrics.......going to the six inch wing chord and a length of 20 inches where should I be looking for this to balance? I am thinking somewhere around one third of the chord...
I would go just a little less than that for your first flight as I like to go a little nose heavy tell I see how it handles.
boomer


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cul-de-sac Flyer Instructions & Information Air Midi Parkflyers 610 May 22, 2010 11:56 AM
Cul De Sac Flyer Owners boomerace Parkflyers 15 Dec 13, 2004 11:32 PM
Backyard/Cul de Sac Flyer? ercman Parkflyers 4 Oct 13, 2004 04:19 PM
Cul-De-Sac Flyer tommyeflight89 Parkflyers 1 May 12, 2004 04:22 AM
Yippee! Scratch Built Cul De Sac Flyer boomerace Parkflyers 73 Mar 20, 2004 02:56 PM