May 09, 2013, 11:31 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Thread OP
Discussion

Case against Zimmerman disintegrates....

What happens when your media and ideological racism, combined with a rabid dislike of firearms and stand your ground, mixes with a clearcut case of self defense......

you get the modern manifestation of a 'progressive' witchhunt, that's what...

Quote:
It is remarkable to take stock of this evidence and realize that it supports every single aspect of Zimmerman’s statement to the police. His injuries are consistent with his account of physical assault by Trayvon Martin. Martin’s gunshot wound occurred at the very short range described by Zimmerman, demolishing fantasies about a racist mall-cop wannabe stalking and murdering an innocent black kid for no reason.

The Smoking Gun highlighted this bit of eyewitness testimony – released to the public by the Sanford police only a few days ago, but known to the prosecution when Zimmerman was charged – tendered to the police only 90 minutes after the shooting occurred, by a resident of Zimmerman’s community who heard the altercation and decided to investigate:

The man recalled seeing “a black male, wearing a dark colored ‘hoodie’ on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.” The black male, he added, “was mounted on the white or Hispanic male and throwing punches ‘MMA (mixed martial arts) style.’”

The witness–who was in his living room and about 30 feet away from the confrontation– said he called out to the two men that he was dialing 911. “He then heard a ‘pop,’” police reported, and saw the black male “laid out on the grass.”
On rule of law and the value of citizens, and the role of State....ideas under increasing pressure from 'progressives' eager to treat individuals as merely members of an identity group....
Quote:
The justice system is not a safety valve for releasing unhealthy levels of political tension. Individual citizens are not pawns to be shoved around in media games by gun-control advocates, race hustlers, or opportunistic politicians. The purpose of law enforcement is to protect the public, not appease certain segments of it.

read more....
May 09, 2013, 12:03 PM
Closed Account
The real value, though, is the fact that society will not have to cover the future costs of incarcerating Trevor or the costs of raising and incarcerating his heirs.
May 09, 2013, 12:17 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo
The real value, though, is the fact that society will not have to cover the future costs of incarcerating Trevor or the costs of raising and incarcerating his heirs.
The unknown loss to society is that Trevor might have grown up to be a wonderful leader, a brilliant doctor, and perhaps might have made a significant contribution to the world.

This was an unneeded tragedy.
May 09, 2013, 12:20 PM
Registered Snoozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
What happens when your media and ideological racism, combined with a rabid dislike of firearms and stand your ground, mixes with a clearcut case of self defense......

you get the modern manifestation of a 'progressive' witchhunt, that's what...

On rule of law and the value of citizens, and the role of State....ideas under increasing pressure from 'progressives' eager to treat individuals as merely members of an identity group....

read more....
I was wondering why this was "news" and what new developments there were in the case that prompted your starting this thread. So I clicked on the link and see the dateline: May 21, 2012. Try to keep up a little better, please!
May 09, 2013, 12:21 PM
Registered Snoozer
Who's Trevor? Come on, guys, please try to pay attention!
May 09, 2013, 12:22 PM
St. Boondock
I said when this first happened that it wouldn't be a Stand Your Ground issue.
May 09, 2013, 12:23 PM
Registered Snoozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker
I said when this first happened that it wouldn't be a Stand Your Ground issue.
So you don't think that Zimmerman's going to claim self-defense?
May 09, 2013, 12:25 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Morse
Self defense, not stand your ground.
May 09, 2013, 12:27 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
I was wondering why this was "news" and what new developments there were in the case that prompted your starting this thread. So I clicked on the link and see the dateline: May 21, 2012. Try to keep up a little better, please!

Quote:
Who's Trevor? Come on, guys, please try to pay attention!
Last edited by coastalflyer; May 10, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
May 09, 2013, 12:28 PM
St. Boondock
Quote:
Yes. It was self defense. Trevon was no angel, despite what the media spins.
It will be such a good day when Zimmerman is cleared of all charges.
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer
Consider the source....;-)
Like a smartphone through auto-spell correction.
May 09, 2013, 12:32 PM
Registered Snoozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Self defense, not stand your ground.
Not sure what you are suggesting here, but "Stand Your Ground" has generally become a short-hand way to refer to the FLA law on self-defense. Although the right to stand one's ground is only one aspect of it, it has very wide-ranging implications that are helpful to Zimmerman.

But the main point I'm trying to make here is that it seems odd to start a new thread on this case at this point based on a report from a year ago. We already have discussed these issues ad nauseum, and the case is in pretty much of a lull right now as we wait for trial. (Not that I want to discourage anyone from discussing it some more if that's what they want.)
May 09, 2013, 12:36 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Not sure what you are suggesting here, but "Stand Your Ground" has generally become a short-hand way to refer to the FLA law on self-defense. Although the right to stand one's ground is only one aspect of it, it has very wide-ranging implications that are helpful to Zimmerman.

But the main point I'm trying to make here is that it seems odd to start a new thread on this case at this point based on a report from a year ago. We already have discussed these issues ad nauseum, and the case is in pretty much of a lull right now as we wait for trial. (Not that I want to discourage anyone from discussing it some more if that's what they want.)
Z's lawyer said that they would not pursue the SYG defense but would pursue self-defense.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/justic...merman-defense
May 09, 2013, 12:40 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker
Yes. It was self defense. Trevon was no angel, despite what the media spins.
What about Trayvon?

Quick Reply