Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by rcshirt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 07, 2013, 08:30 AM
miniture aircraft pilot
Idea

roped into scale..

so after spending some time at topgun and everybody asking why I don't do it. I may yet just cave.

not sure what to make.. but the family is backing my on this.
A few choices..

Scale RFB 600 Fantrainer(trying to find plans/3 views that are scale
P-61 blackwidow.. Ziroli plans
Sr-71.. have plans/retracts
Spitfire...ziroli plans
A-7 corsair II .. scratch from 3 views
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2013, 06:56 PM
Man, I really respect the old school scale planes. I use to go to rough river every year. There were some real pros and some local do it yourselfers there....Thats what was cool about it. The scale contests of today seem to reward the planes w/ little to no intricate detail. It's easier to scale down. Some of the proportions may have been a little off on those scratch built planes I remember, but they need to find a way to quantify in points the builders touch, or imagination/ ingenuity. The planes you mentioned just brought back the old days for me.....I respect your choices.....
May 07, 2013, 07:19 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
since i need the family's support , and finances, we settled on the Ziroli p-61.. it is actually about the same finished price as the Spitfire.