This thread is privately moderated by Tartago, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 06, 2013, 10:32 AM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Discussion

Hyperion FW-190D-9 revival

After long time since I crashed this beauty, I decided to put her back on the air with the right appearance.

Just by chance, I had a rough landing on my FMS FW-190A8 and the spinner fan blades were shattered.

I ordered a new one but looking at the broken I imagined it on the Dora.

I think I got it right on the diameter. But it's quite long.

I'm currently looking for a solution.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2013, 07:47 AM
I don't know looks pretty good.
Have you thought about putting Freewing FW-190 gear legs and tires on it?
Walter
May 11, 2013, 07:55 AM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW
I don't know looks pretty good.
Have you thought about putting Freewing FW-190 gear legs and tires on it?
Walter
Yes I did. A bit pricey thou.

I'll try the same mod like in my TopRC FW first.
May 29, 2013, 10:05 PM
I like how that spinner looks, maybe you could try to push it back into the cowling, whats the size of the FMS spinner? Im thinking to try that too, but as a scale reference research I did , the apropiate spinner for this dora would be a 3" spinner, btw I bougth one of this and I love the scale and the details, Im repainting it with another camo schemme , and Ill be uploading photos soon
May 29, 2013, 10:29 PM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Old skull.

I'm far from my bench, so the measures will be sent later.

The overall looks with the FMS spinner is way better than the stock one and I would say is closest to scale.

I already installed the FMS 580 kv a bit recessed so the spinner can go inside the cowl reducing the exposed part of it for it is quite longer, while the diameter looks right.
May 30, 2013, 09:35 AM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKULL77
I like how that spinner looks, maybe you could try to push it back into the cowling, whats the size of the FMS spinner? Im thinking to try that too, but as a scale reference research I did , the apropiate spinner for this dora would be a 3" spinner, btw I bougth one of this and I love the scale and the details, Im repainting it with another camo schemme , and Ill be uploading photos soon
Diameter 70mm, Length 95mm
Jun 08, 2013, 02:27 PM
oh Thanks for the data , ene when I already bought a 2blade 3" scale spinner for my FW190 Im still looking for a 3 blade to fit a scale prop aswell, and Imthinking Im going to buy this FMS prop
Jun 08, 2013, 05:26 PM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Quote:
oh Thanks for the data , ene when I already bought a 2blade 3" scale spinner for my FW190 Im still looking for a 3 blade to fit a scale prop aswell, and Imthinking Im going to buy this FMS prop
The FMS spinner is almost the same size of the aluminium 2 blade spinner sold by HK, the latter being a PITA since it doesn't come with a retaining bolt.
Jun 08, 2013, 07:10 PM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
I took me a while to balance the spinner and the three blades, but finally the setup is running smooth.

I'm having some issues with the wings but soon they will be completed.
Jun 09, 2013, 06:01 PM
wow that dora is looking really good with that spinner and prop, Im gonna try to that spinner and prop for mine too, you can check it out here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1908599
Jun 15, 2013, 11:47 AM
when are you showing us more pics? , hehe I think im gonna copy your radiator idea , i tried laser cutting a dummy radiator but the lines are so close together that the heat distorts the plastic, sometimes the easier low tech way is the best XD
Jun 15, 2013, 06:03 PM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
The wings issue are holding me. I think I will make a set of foam wings sheeted with balsa.
Jun 25, 2013, 09:38 AM
whats wrong with the wings?
Jun 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Quote:
whats wrong with the wings?
Since I crashed once and repaired them, I'm not sure it they are going to stand the weight and power of the new motor.

But it is very difficult to find an easy replacement. I tried the TopRC wing but is not fitting on the saddle. The same happens with the Freewing's.

I was planning on doing blue foam wings, but it's taking time.
Jul 11, 2013, 07:54 AM
Plane crazy
Thread OP

Spinner comparison

Here we have a comparison of three spinners:

The Hobbyking, the FMS and my home made.

The biggest is the HK, and is for 2 blades so is out of the picture.

My home made is ok for the scale but is a pita to balance.

The winner is the FMS.

Quick Reply