This thread is privately moderated by twinkle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 02, 2013, 02:24 PM
It can't rain all the time
Thread OP
Discussion

May , modelling and a tadpole

Hi Folks
We are only a couple of days into May and The weather is starting to change
The back holiday weekend is almost upon us and the sun is shining ,

The tadpoles in the pond have hatched and yesterday my neighbour came over to see me , his father in law had passed away ten days ago and they were busy clearing the house and wondered if I would like these:- Holding out a plastic box ,
Inside was an early webra 1.5cc diesel and a enya 19 interesting I thought until I noticed the Model magazines underneath and they were very interesting several 1942- 1944 aeromodeller magazines , including some feature magazines of that period here are 4 of the covers , look at the prices 2/- = 10p by todays money and 3/- = 15p , more interesting was these mags were printed during WWII and apart from a couple of ads in them there was no mention of the war the odd contributer was a F/l I assume a flight lieutenant
and the mags were FULL of free plans what a change from todays mags
the other mention about the war was that balsa wood was scare and rubber even more so ,the Kit prices were about 7/- or 35p less than the price of a mars bar today . These books are over 70 years old and as I read through them the memories of when I was small came back . what a piece of nostalgia

Well apart from that and as I had previously said that I have to many models , I am having a fly year and not a build year so my attention has turned to another project I have always wanted to build .

A Tadpole trike ( two wheels in front ) - a recumbent tricycle based on a suspension mountain bike and a pair of BMX front wheels the bike designed by a Canadian using 40mm square tubing and some parts salvaged from old bikes , So far the Parts have been sourced along with the metal and I am at the stage of cleaning the second hand bike parts and getting the workshop ready for the build , The website for this project is atomic zombie and I am excited about this new project . Its great fun working with metal again and we hope to finish it in a couple of months
just as a taster here is one of their photos of a finished one . This will be used as a tow trike for the model trailer and hopefully it will get some use during this year

my current trike needs a little tlc and I hope to give it the love and attention after the Streetfox is complete.

regards all folks I have some more cleaning and polishing to do

emma
Last edited by twinkle; May 06, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply