Plan update, A4JET6 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Airlight, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 02, 2013, 07:14 AM
Free foamie low waste plans
Whoops!

Plan update, A4JET6

Tiny error, I managed to forget the nose piece on this, so I've just updated the pdf on the site. The 'ruddervator' pieces are a bit smaller, but I think they will be the correct size now.

Fly and enjoy!
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2013, 10:22 AM
Hi
Have you flown any of these designs? Just asking as one is lead to believe they all fly.
IAFoamie
May 02, 2013, 02:12 PM
Free foamie low waste plans

Excellent question! (at last)

Hi IAFoamie

Thanks for your comment/question, the answer is yes and no - most of the earlier designs have been built as free flight chuckers first, to see if they will get through the air (which all the one's I've built do - to be honest if it didn't at least glide a reasonable distance I wouldn't put it on the site). The main 'point' of the designs is that they occupy very minimal space on a depron sheet, and this is their novelty, if you like.

As I've said in many posts ( not just on here though), I don't have the time to build every one of them ( about 150-200 right now), the design time I have is much more than the build time, and so they have always been offered only as original ideas for people to play with, and their value as viable flyers is up to the builder to decide before cutting anything. Those who want to wait until all have been flown will have to wait a while for me to catch up, so I suppose they are aimed at those willing to have a go.

If you would like to see any of the first builds, I'll post a few pics. Regarding your assumption that they all have flown (please check my posts though, I have said several times that this is not the case), I will try to address this with the posts in future, and state whether at least a thrower has been built, and how the thing flew.

I hope this clarifies things for you, and I hope I haven't given anyone a false impression. These are just my ideas, for people to like/have a go, or not.

Best regards

Mark
May 03, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hello Airlight
Thanks for the fast return. All good.
IAFoamie

Quick Reply