This thread is privately moderated by RetoF3X, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 01, 2013, 10:37 PM
F3B and F3K
Thread OP
Discussion

Gator F3B and IHLGF

The new season started with two great contests for me, the Gator F3B world cup in Cocoa, FL and the IHLGF.

The gator saw maybe the most amazing conditions for speed, two times a new world record (11.9s) and I got also a personal best of 13.15s. It was lots of fun with the US team, Armin and Peter from germany and pilots from Chile.

IHLGF was in beautiful weather, not too windy, but tricky thermals. I was early on off for a good start and did not commit any severe misstakes. By Saturday night I was even on 1st place on the leader board. I threw away some points in the second last flight (last 2 flights) and went into the fly off on place 3. The Fly off was with good thermals but they moved quickly downwind and if you missed the ride, it got ugly. I managed not to land out and in the 5x AULD I dropped only one second. I got the second place and I am a bit bummed that I lost small amounts of points over the 16 prelim rounds - a bit more aggressively and I could have been first. However I chose to fly conservatively and maybe more aggressivness could have ended in a land out. Thus I am happy.

I still have work to do, a short visit to Switzerland gave the possibility to go to the Vercelli Eurotour and I lost quite some points in marginal air. We only flew three rounds due to bad weather and I got 19th place. Three rounds is not that representative, but the bad result still keeps me motivated to practice hard.

Reto
Last edited by RetoF3X; Feb 03, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply