This thread is privately moderated by Tom B 1956, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 30, 2013, 09:02 AM
Ahh another money pit. :)
Thread OP
Discussion

A little about me and my Air Force.

Further info. I use to Fly along time ago. Back in my Navy days from late 77 through end of 79. I was trained by an older gent who flew mode 1. I built a Das Ugly Stik it was my only plane. It had a straight wing, Enya .60. No buddy box back then that I remember. The field I flew out of was in San Diego near the border. And on my pay that's was all I could afford. Time goes on. I started back. Mode 2 and its much easier now 2.4 gig radios. Planes out of EPP foam. Still I am building my own Plane. I have no fear of lose with a foam plane. This site for asking dumb questions about this hobby. And I'm using a Bixler 2 as a first plane to fly. While I build a RCM's version of a My Stik. (Converting it to electric, modifying the nose enclosing the engine). Also purchased a ARF T-Clip's from Sig. Due in July. Should be a fun plane also. More later.

When your single and live in a 1 bedroom apt. The dinning area is converted too a building area. Two base kitchen cabinets with a 30"x72" solid core door. Kitchen table converted to battery charging area soldering station and cutting area. Under the bench is a microwave cart with Mini table saw, scroll saw, drill press, dremel, and a drill and bits. Next to the bench is a three drawer tool box top shelf hand tools, below that is hardware screw and bolts. The next drawer has irons and hot air gun and the bottom drawer has clamps misc tools. The kitchen cabinets draws on the left side hold sanding blocks and rulers and solder wick and rosin. The drawer below that holds glue and zip ties and heat shrink battery charging bags, and the large drawer on bottom hold servos electric motors and escs that are for future projects. Right side top drawer hold knifes and scissors, drafting tools, calipers, rubber bands and blades. The bottom has everything in the world in there parts for planes in work sanding paper rolls of covering material. And magnetic building system. What else. Closet in the bed room hold kits, Arfs, sheet wood, plus cloths, i have a storage unit that doubles as an airplane hanger. Radios and battery storage is under kitchen table batteries in in anmo boxes
Last edited by Tom B 1956; Nov 08, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2013, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
My Air force has increased in size and types.

First Plane was a Bixler 2, Fun to fly but to docile. So I sold it And built another. Well lets say it's still docile but I added landing gear moved servos, bigger CF rod and bigger motor 2836/1400kv. Ok that's done.
A Skyartec Cessna 182,
AT6 fun-fighter type Modified for 3s using a Exceed rocket motor.
1 Foam plane in the box F9F Panther EDF 30" wing span. Just purchased a ESC and Wicked Dons 4800kv motor and Fan dynamically balanced. That's it for Foam planes.

Balsa Short kit, 22" Ultimate Biplane. Finished Flown a few times. Back in for mod to Change the aileron linkage and adding servos.

ARF's

Older Super Sporster 48" Fun to fly. The Rimfire .25 has some power it's able to go go go.

Sig's T-Clips 60" Simi scale Taylor craft. This is my WOW plane. I have to be careful with. Powerful and responsive.

ARF's being put together or Will be soon

Topflite Mini Contender. All parts now in putting it together now.

Black Horse Models Trojan T-28 49" version will have it Saturday. Big plans for Mods on this one. Retracts, Flaps, Speed Brakes, Cockpit Modified to better representation the real thing.

Planes Built from plans Almost Scratch built ASB ha ha.

RCM's Plan's MyStik 54" wing span Converting it to Electric. Just started this one I have created 2 Wing Rib templates out of aluminum. Need to cut in Spar locations. Then I can build as many ribs as I need. Will be changing the wing by adding flaps and making them 2 piece vice one piece. Aluminum Tube

RCM Plan's Electric Decathlon This one I won't start for a while. It's 72" and requires some modification to make it transportable. And convert it to Lipo power from Nicad.

RCM Plan's EL Grinito It will wait till I have got the rest done.

Kits in the box waiting for the right time.

Sig's Somthin Extra.

Gary Wright's E3D 48".

All in all I have my next year or so set out in front of me. This doesn't include repairs helping other with their planes, golfing with the local club and Maintaining a full time job.. Yikes I'm going to be busy.

Tom B.
Last edited by Tom B 1956; Sep 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Nov 05, 2013, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
It is still growing Don't ask why.

Just added a Great Planes 50" 540T ARF build later much later. And a Twin Star II currently building. I am using my Blog to document.

Quick Reply