Jan 12, 2004, 03:06 PM
God is good
Thread OP

A little wisdom from AMA newsletter

You can have peace or you can have freedom. Donít count on having both at once.

Very profound statement.

Viper
Jan 12, 2004, 11:31 PM
The Swiss seem to have figured it out!
Jan 13, 2004, 10:00 AM
Pro Bro #495
another great quote along those lines is "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Benjamin Franklin.
Jan 13, 2004, 11:00 AM
Mr Mootsie
the myth of Swiss neutrality is exactly that....a myth.
Jan 13, 2004, 05:59 PM
Go get them Meg!
Ah, the Swiss. The only people that can make French sound German, Italian the language of business, and German a romance language.
Jan 13, 2004, 10:17 PM
Mr Mootsie
worse than NATO....
Jan 14, 2004, 12:15 AM
Permanently Banned
I don't beleive in Switzerland, either.
I think they are profiteering sleazeballs.
Jan 14, 2004, 02:01 AM
Go get them Meg!
Don't hold back. Tell us your true opinion. Unresolved feelings can cause health issues you know.

I like Switzerland and it's people in the abstract, but they do have a nice flat spot on top of the fence, don't they?

Almost worth a German win in WWII just to be able to see the Swiss drop the French language like a bad habit. "Ah, ve've been exshpecting you. How can ve help you Herr Hitler?"

I said "almost".
Jan 14, 2004, 09:06 AM
Permanently Banned
Vell, they already WERE helping him, selling him weapons without question, BUYING weapons from him, and accepting large amount of gold that obviously did not appear out of nowhere and holding it for him. And making money off that gold.
Oh, it's the LITTLE things that bother me, like saying "WHAT money? There IS no money! And if there were, we have SECRECY laws..." about stealing billons of dollars from victims of the holocaust...
Sorry, but switzerland is all PR. Push comes to shove, Switzerland is all about making a buck whatever way you can.

Ah, that feels good. You're right, lrsu!

Quick Reply