Nov 28, 2001, 10:27 PM
Thread OP

I finally figured out how do I get more negative pitch on my eco 8?

My original suspicions proved to be true. Thanks for the links, I searched and found the Ikarus groups, and found the short link modification. After making one set that was too short, I got it right. The stock link between the flybar and the main blades was too long. I couldn't do any inverted in my garage as it is raining outside right now, but with the heli on the ground negative pitch does push the blades down quite a bit.

Thanks so much for the link, I can go to sleep happy now

Jeff
Last edited by jtthebiggafigga; Nov 29, 2001 at 05:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2001, 10:38 PM
This was posted on the Ikarus Eco list a couple of months ago:

' I am having a ball with my Eco 8. To get full 3D performance I first turned around the bell/hiller mixer (put the short side direct to the swashplate). Then I increased the size of the paddles (by about 25%), and reduced their weight slightly (from 9 to 8 gram). Furthermore, I put ball raced versions of the bell/hiller mixer and washout (not mandatory). I made the carbon chassis somewhat stiffer by glueing carbon strips left and right from boom support to main axis support. My eco has now the roll rate of an F3A airplane, and that at relatively low RPM (1450). '

I don't know if the bell/hiller mixer mod was to increase pitch range or cyclic power, but at least you now have it as an option.

Good luck!

Greg Stewart (Minneapolis, MN, USA)
Nov 28, 2001, 11:34 PM
What adjustments have you tried? You should be able to shorten the long links coming from the swash and there for move the swash up allowing more negative.

I think I've also seen pics of someone who moved the pickoff point on the main grips inward to increase the available pitch range.
Nov 29, 2001, 12:35 AM
I also just found this:

http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubb/F...ML/000415.html

and this:

http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubb/F...ML/000368.html

Enjoy!

Greg Stewart (Minneapolis, MN, USA)
Last edited by gstew; Nov 29, 2001 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply