Thread Tools
Mar 05, 2014, 03:31 PM
Registered User
ZACATTACK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
Does anyone know of where to purchase bobbins that would fit into the bottom of DJI Arms ? RMRC has M3 bobbins, no good for my needs, What is the metric hardware needed for the bottom DJI arm assembly ? 2.5 or 2.0 mm ? Thanx!
Nobody knows the size of the screws that go into the bottom of a DJI arm?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2014, 03:32 PM
AMA member since May 2013
Supreme Balloon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasch
My F550 weighs just under 2300g fully loaded. I'm using 4000mAh 4s with stock 8in props. I still have some nice 10in carbon props left over from using 3s. At my weight can I still use the carbon 10in on 4s ?
Edit: using stock DJI motor by the way
I run the 1038 DJI props with 4S 8000 mAh on the stock DJI motor on my 2780g 550. Slightly warm at the end of 10 min flight.
Mar 05, 2014, 03:33 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasch
My F550 weighs just under 2300g fully loaded. I'm using 4000mAh 4s with stock 8in props. I still have some nice 10in carbon props left over from using 3s. At my weight can I still use the carbon 10in on 4s ?
Edit: using stock DJI motor by the way

Depends on your flying style.
ATTI and GPS: absolutely fine. Manual mode with 3D acrobatics: critical since you may overheat the motors.
Mar 05, 2014, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
Nobody knows the size of the screws that go into the bottom of a DJI arm?
M2.5x5
Mar 05, 2014, 03:45 PM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Olivier_C's Avatar
A short video I filmed this afternoon, with my F450.

We had planned FPV but it just was not possible because of the snow and low light, made it impossible to see the ground.
Was also challenging to film and aim at these planes while piloting line of sight.
Add to this, unfair weather, cloudy, and windy, was not helping at all.
We'll do better next time

RC meeting - Twinstars and quads in the snow (2 min 36 sec)
Mar 05, 2014, 03:45 PM
AMA member since May 2013
Supreme Balloon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4racer
With regards to DJI; When you trigger RTH from a switch (maybe when triggered from failsafe too?), you have to turn RTH off with the switch, then go to attitude mode then back to GPS correct? This is how mine works.

Is there anyway to regain control just but turning the RTH switch back to off on my Spektrum DX9? I am not too familiar with using mixes and sequencers so any help would be great even if its just to tell me it won't work or is a bad idea for some reason.
During RTH, NAZA will fly at 7.3 m/s, when you cut over, it will drop to how your elev is positioned.
If your throttle is set to zero, you will descend rapidly.
So, if you go down the sequencer route, you'd have to have throttle at 50% and elev at some value if you want a smooth transition.
You can flip the FS switch back to OFF after 3 seconds and if you leave your flight mode alone, it will continue its routine until commanded to do otherwise.
Freechip's excellent DX8/9/18 thread would be a great place to discuss the use of the sequencer ... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1789552
Mar 05, 2014, 03:51 PM
Registered User
_Milo_'s Avatar
...
Last edited by _Milo_; Mar 09, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
Mar 05, 2014, 04:36 PM
R/C Addict
EcoAerialImaging's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasch
My F550 weighs just under 2300g fully loaded. I'm using 4000mAh 4s with stock 8in props. I still have some nice 10in carbon props left over from using 3s. At my weight can I still use the carbon 10in on 4s ?
Edit: using stock DJI motor by the way
I would try it and see if you get longer flight, but the 8" is def more stable in wind. I have Graupner 10" and tried a 4s today, was windy so... I was more interested in the position of the throttle stick. Because on 3s I was at 65-70 percent throttle, witch made it tough going from man to GPS and back in flight. With the 4s throttle is right in the center I might end up trying 9" (maybe the new ones from the e300)
Mar 05, 2014, 04:58 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo7
Fantastic work, Great light, great subject, Will you be cutting in some close hand held shots? I'm on Pinkbike daily!
Yes hopefully. I am waiting on them from the journalist. I have got a few if he doesn't and I will knock about 3 minutes off the video! I was having a play with the aerial footage.
Mar 05, 2014, 05:13 PM
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C
A short video I filmed this afternoon, with my F450.

We had planned FPV but it just was not possible because of the snow and low light, made it impossible to see the ground.
Was also challenging to film and aim at these planes while piloting line of sight.
Add to this, unfair weather, cloudy, and windy, was not helping at all.
We'll do better next time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUsWXTU0Hs
Very nice Oliver. It looks like you guys were having a lot of fun.
Latest blog entry: M200 FAQ's
Mar 05, 2014, 07:06 PM
Registered User
RotoRon's Avatar
Today, I tried again to track down the source of the "lazy" motor issue. I used NAZA assistant to calibrate the IMU. I made a 4-way wire harness and re-calibrated my ESC's.

In between all this I also mounted a spare motor in place of the lazy one, but forgot to check rotation direction and had the ESC wires reversed, so naturally as I gave it throttle that motor stayed firmly planted while the rest of the quad lifted up. This ended in the prop getting all chipped up.

So I ordered more props. Meanwhile I tried the cheap 9x5 props again and they vibrate like crazy.

Which brings me to the question...

Besides the awful collet type prop adapters, are there any suitable prop adapters that will fit the motor shafts on cheap 2212's? There really isn't any other way to mount anything, just a smooth shaft and no holes in the rotor. But these adapters are just the pits. I never feel like they are secure enough and they are not really balanced.
Mar 05, 2014, 07:41 PM
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoRon
Today, I tried again to track down the source of the "lazy" motor issue. I used NAZA assistant to calibrate the IMU. I made a 4-way wire harness and re-calibrated my ESC's.

In between all this I also mounted a spare motor in place of the lazy one, but forgot to check rotation direction and had the ESC wires reversed, so naturally as I gave it throttle that motor stayed firmly planted while the rest of the quad lifted up. This ended in the prop getting all chipped up.

So I ordered more props. Meanwhile I tried the cheap 9x5 props again and they vibrate like crazy.

Which brings me to the question...

Besides the awful collet type prop adapters, are there any suitable prop adapters that will fit the motor shafts on cheap 2212's? There really isn't any other way to mount anything, just a smooth shaft and no holes in the rotor. But these adapters are just the pits. I never feel like they are secure enough and they are not really balanced.
Get some real motors.. Collet prop adaptors are the pits. They never work right. Try the new E300 motors and esc.s. They are super efficient and work well.
Latest blog entry: M200 FAQ's
Mar 05, 2014, 08:20 PM
It got away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
Nobody knows the size of the screws that go into the bottom of a DJI arm?
Lol! Got your message lew and I don't know either! Don't you use the metric system up there?
Mar 05, 2014, 08:24 PM
Registered User
ZACATTACK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2
Lol! Got your message lew and I don't know either! Don't you use the metric system up there?
I figured out a way we can use those M3 isolation dampners from RMRC for the landing gear application. Were just going to need a small sheet of carbon fiber.
Mar 05, 2014, 08:27 PM
It got away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
I figured out a way we can use those M3 isolation dampners from RMRC for the landing gear application. Were just going to need a small sheet of carbon fiber.
Hey, I'm in. This Friday I'll have some funds and maybe I can go in on the CF and have it shipped to you. Let me know!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dji Flame Wheel F450 Venom93corba Multirotor Drone Talk 39 Jun 13, 2016 07:16 AM
Help! Flame Wheel F450 / F550 NAZA with Spektrum DX8 AR8000 setup assistance jasper7821 Multirotor Drone Talk 18 Feb 10, 2015 04:23 PM
Sold Dji flame wheel f450 arf kit (w/motors, esc & props) Angry Bird Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Apr 01, 2013 06:30 PM
Sold DJI F550 Flame Wheel with DJI Motors & DJi 30amp ESCs & Props peaksview Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Jan 22, 2013 09:53 AM
Sold X468 XT Flame Gear Gimbal For DJI F450 or F550. Sale or trade for Naza GPS. vacahtu Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Nov 09, 2012 06:57 PM