Jul 20, 2019, 05:27 PM
This video shows a test run of a small quad copter I have equipped with a camera. Recently I spent a lot of time revising the software and hardware on this model and wanted to check it out. The drone responded accurately to all the inputs. This drone does not have telemetry but I was able to visually monitor its flight through goggles. The infield landing is a complete goggle landing and takeoff since I could not actually see it. Towards the end of the video I wanted to test failsafe which signals a complete return to home. You can see that the drone immediately stops, gathers information about its home, turns around in the direction of home and eventually proceeds to land within inches of it's selected home base. Time spent programming this drone was well worth it as the quad performed flawlessly. Naza mv2

http://www.mrgodzilla.com/drone/qt.wmv

or

(3 min 42 sec)
Last edited by Carcharadon; Jul 21, 2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: added video
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 12:24 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcharadon
This video shows a test run of a small quad copter I have equipped with a camera. Recently I spent a lot of time revising the software and hardware on this model and wanted to check it out. The drone responded accurately to all the inputs. This drone does not have telemetry but I was able to visually monitor its flight through goggles. The infield landing is a complete goggle landing and takeoff since I could not actually see it. Towards the end of the video I wanted to test failsafe which signals a complete return to home. You can see that the drone immediately stops, gathers information about its home, turns around in the direction of home and eventually proceeds to land within inches of it's selected home base. Time spent programming this drone was well worth it as the quad performed flawlessly. Naza mv2

http://www.mrgodzilla.com/drone/qt.wmv

or

Looks like it is flying great.

The horizon is a little off, do you know whatís going on there?
Jul 23, 2019, 10:11 AM
I think what you’re probably referring to is an artifact of the wide-angle lens. There is probably a way to compensate but not on an inexpensive camera. The other option would be to go to a narrow angle lens but then you would lose some of the panoramic view. Like many things a trade-off.
Jul 23, 2019, 10:44 PM
DWA
DWA
Thread OP
Quote:
I think what youíre probably referring to is an artifact of the wide-angle lens. There is probably a way to compensate but not on an inexpensive camera. The other option would be to go to a narrow angle lens but then you would lose some of the panoramic view. Like many things a trade-off.
No not that.

But I think I know what it is, you probably arenít using a gimbal on the camera.
Jul 24, 2019, 01:18 PM
No, this is just a go fast quad. Camera is on so I can see where its going, but it also records. I have a 550 with gimbal.
Jul 24, 2019, 08:05 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
just starting with the pano, works great. Rain and sunset over the Virginia blue ridge
Jul 25, 2019, 01:20 PM
DWA
DWA
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.frankenjet
just starting with the pano, works great. Rain and sunset over the Virginia blue ridge
Great shot!
Jul 28, 2019, 09:29 AM
Launch the drones ...
Decluttering ... and I thought I'd sell my old 450 and 550 flamewheels - started one up to see if it still worked - and it said I had to calibrate the IMU.

OWWWWWW.

That is the crux of my problem - DJI has no helper app for Win10. I tried using compatible settings, etc., on Win10, to make the old app work - but nothing did it.

Is there an app out there, that I don't know about - for Win10 - with which I can calibrate the old Naza IMU?

Otherwise - I guess I'll sell em as is, with a note about the IMU cal.
Jul 28, 2019, 09:55 AM
I fired up my two old Naza copters a few months back ... one threw the calibration error but the other was OK. The DJI assistant does work OK on Win10 - I still had it on a laptop and was able to sort out the Naza. There are various guides out there on how to install on Win10 if you're having problems. I can't remember how I did it offhand, as it was a good few years ago now
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jul 28, 2019, 11:55 AM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
I fired up my two old Naza copters a few months back ... one threw the calibration error but the other was OK. The DJI assistant does work OK on Win10 - I still had it on a laptop and was able to sort out the Naza. There are various guides out there on how to install on Win10 if you're having problems. I can't remember how I did it offhand, as it was a good few years ago now
Thx - Gotta assume that my Win10 is fine. Never had a problem with it before - it runs everything - but - that old DJI Win8 Assistant.

I tried reinstalling Assistant and the driver, while also trying to run them in various Win8 compatibility modes.

Don't want to futz around anymore - but will try anything that's straightforward and "guaranteed" to work on Win10 as is. Except the DJI Win8 Assistant … as it won't run on my Win10 system.

But if you are sure that yours ran fine - then maybe, maybe, I'll try one more time … gotta see. (note - it ran the assistant - but the assistant just wouldn't connect).

EDIT …
However - just looked over my notes from April - and I see that my laptop had crashed - so I needed to reinstall the DJI assistant driver - well - it's an older unsigned driver - and Win10 wouldn't accept it. I tried a few complex workarounds - but nothing worked. So - no DJI assistant for me.

I may have rambled here - oh well.

I tried stuff from this vid - but it's from 2016 - so, maybe that's why it didn't work (or I left out a step, or two) …
RC Quick Tips: Loading Naza/DJI drivers in Windows 8 and 10 (7 min 36 sec)
Last edited by Tim Green; Jul 28, 2019 at 12:06 PM.
Jul 28, 2019, 08:58 PM
As I recall in Windows 10 you have to restart the option for Windows while pressing the shift key. Then you’ll get a screen with several options. You may have to select an option that says more options or something like that. Then you’ll get another list and you may have to select again an option that says Startup Options. Windows only accepts signed drivers. After you select Startup Options you’ll get a list of several startup options. You select something that says disable Windows signed drivers. Unfortunately, the drivers for the assistant are not signed. So, after you select that option and restart Windows it’s possible that the assistant will now work properly connecting to your drone. I’m sorry this is not very clear you may have to find a better explanation but the whole point is to have Windows start to accept unsigned drivers. The posted video shows the procedure. This post may be redundant, maybe not.
Last edited by Carcharadon; Jul 28, 2019 at 09:04 PM.
Jul 28, 2019, 09:15 PM
Also. Error Codes FYI

CFG-ERR
Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from the old version, or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, power cycle your controller, and check all of the parameters.
VOL-LOW [4]
Voltage low
SN-ERR
Your S/N is not available, Please contact your dealer. (Place of purchase)
VOL-LOW[6]
Voltage low
IMU-ERR
IMU ERROR,Please contact dealer. (Place of purchase)
X1-ERR
Youíve chose parameters tuning by X1/X2 channel with Tx Knob, but no signal detected on X1/X2 input channel, or Tx didnít powered on.
X2-ERR
Youíve chose parameters tuning by X1/X2 channel with Tx Knob, but no signal detected on X1/X2 input channel, or Tx didnít powered on.
PMU-ERR
Please check the connection among battery, MC and PMU.
RX-ERR
Please make sure you are on the RC page of the NAZA Assistant Software, select the right receiver type or check the receiver connection, after that power cycle your controller to take effect.
COMPASS-ERR
Compass data is abnormal, please restart your Controller, if you still get this error, please contact your dealer (Place of purchase).
ERROR [25]
IMU initialization failure, may be caused by crash. Please contact dealer (Place of purchase).
ERROR [26]
Please perform Advanced Calibration.
ERROR [27]
GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition. Please contact your dealer for all technical support questions.
Jul 28, 2019, 09:26 PM
This may help also a NAZA guide.

http://www.mrgodzilla.com/drone/NAZA.pdf
Jul 28, 2019, 10:00 PM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
As I recall in Windows 10 you have to restart the option for Windows while pressing the shift key. Then you’ll get a screen with several options. You may have to select an option that says more options or something like that. Then you’ll get another list and you may have to select again an option that says Startup Options. Windows only accepts signed drivers. After you select Startup Options you’ll get a list of several startup options. You select something that says disable Windows signed drivers. Unfortunately, the drivers for the assistant are not signed. So, after you select that option and restart Windows it’s possible that the assistant will now work properly connecting to your drone. I’m sorry this is not very clear you may have to find a better explanation but the whole point is to have Windows start to accept unsigned drivers. The posted video shows the procedure. This post may be redundant, maybe not.
Thx - I did this bit, when I upgraded the COM driver - but - first I ran a program kilrah recommended - which removed the digital certificate altogether from the driver installation file. After that - the driver installation program finally ran. And worked. I've got to remember to turn on signed driver checking.

Here's the link to that program - if you are interested … https://www.fluxbytes.com/software-r...unsigner-v1-0/
Jul 29, 2019, 04:03 AM
I must try mine again as I've not used the Assistant in a good while and there have been plenty of Win10 updates since!
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review

Quick Reply