May 18, 2019, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
I'm not sure there's much choice in frames to carry that sort of weight
Bill there are actually several models out there.
Interesting enough though they all share the same name, it is called

5 figures +.

Mark
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 11:24 AM
Yup I guess there are pro rigs intended for movie camera use that would do the job, but DIY solutions are pretty much dead nowadays. There's not much point when a Mavic or Inspire will give superb quality straight out of the box for less money.

My big Y6 is a Vulcan frame - they don't sell them any more ... just complete rigs.

http://vulcanuav.com/
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 19, 2019, 11:37 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
^ This is where I am with my F550. I replaced it two or three years ago with a Mavic Pro that I could pop in a backpack and fly for twice as long on a battery. My F550 is still sitting here in my office. Can't really work out what to do with it and it's value is very low whilst the quality of the components is excellent. Now that I have learnt to fly a racing drone, I am rather thinking of turning the F550 into a massive FPV drone that happens to have a handy RTH facility - daft but I can't think what else to do with it.
May 19, 2019, 12:02 PM
I haven't flown my F450 or Y6 for ages. I fly my smaller FPV quads much more.
May 19, 2019, 02:47 PM
Image Gatherer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
^ This is where I am with my F550. I replaced it two or three years ago with a Mavic Pro that I could pop in a backpack and fly for twice as long on a battery. My F550 is still sitting here in my office. Can't really work out what to do with it and it's value is very low whilst the quality of the components is excellent. Now that I have learnt to fly a racing drone, I am rather thinking of turning the F550 into a massive FPV drone that happens to have a handy RTH facility - daft but I can't think what else to do with it.
I sold my 550 a couple years ago, it was just collecting dust after I got my Inspire 1 v2, P3P and MP. I think I got about $750.00 for it on the RC Classifieds. It was tough selling it for that cheap considering all I put into it, but I would rather someone actually use it than just sitting around idle.
Jun 04, 2019, 05:32 PM

Hi

Hey Guys, long time, no see...Sorry for the multiple posts, but there are a few threads I wanted to catch up on

Just popped in to say hello, but I've not been doing much flying lately...I did get up to North Wales a couple of weeks ago, and took the Spark with me, so I got some footage....

Flying at 100mph over a slate quarry (2 min 3 sec)

Snowdon's Pyg Track Hike & Crib Goch Ridge - 19/5/2019 (2 min 24 sec)

Hope everybody is doing great

Tony
Jun 04, 2019, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh0905
Just popped in to say hello, but I've not been doing much flying lately...I did get up to North Wales a couple of weeks ago, and took the Spark with me, so I got some footage....
Nice videos

I did the route along the Crib Goch ridge to Snowdon in low cloud & rain some years back and it was pretty damn scary!
Jun 04, 2019, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Nice videos

I did the route along the Crib Goch ridge to Snowdon in low cloud & rain some years back and it was pretty damn scary!
My buddy Chris wants to do Crib Goch next time....he can do it without me
Jun 05, 2019, 02:57 AM
Quote:
My buddy Chris wants to do Crib Goch next time....he can do it without me
One of the three mates I went with took one look from the Pyg track and refused to do it. He stayed on that track instead and we met at the top of Snowdon. If you're experienced in the mountains then Crib Goch is probably no big deal, but quite a few people do come to grief there. I don't think I'd do it again - Mountain Rescue now grade it as 'extremely dangerous'.

I had a camera with me but didn't dare take any pictures while traversing the ridge itself. I certainly wouldn't want to try flying a quad from there
Jun 24, 2019, 03:06 PM

new build dji flame wheel f450

hi I purchased a DJI Flame Wheel F450 ARF and have followed a youtube video of how to build the drone
How to build the DJI F450 E300 Flamewheel with Naza Light FC (51 min 30 sec)
I have run into a problem with assembly when I test the rotors in the software I get all the rotors rotating according to the arrows on the motors correctly but the rotors undo themselves and fall off I have checked that the motors are connected correctly motor 1 has a silver rotor motor two has black rotor motor 3 has a silver rotor and motor 4 has black any suggestions would be really helpful thanks
Jun 25, 2019, 08:26 AM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
be sure screws are tight, use the correct props for the location (2 different types) reverse one of the 3 wires going to the motor from the speed controller to reverse the motor direction
Jun 26, 2019, 02:18 PM
You have the motors wired wrong or on the wrong arms or you have them plugged into the wrong channels on the Naza. Motors 1 and 3 must rotate counter clockwise. Motors 2 and 4 must rotate clockwise. The props on each motor must tighten in the opposite direction of the motor rotation.
If you have silver props on position 1 and 3 as shown in the Naza diagram, then most likely you just have the wires reversed at the ESC's. Simply swap any two wires at each ESC.
Jun 28, 2019, 08:34 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Thread OP
Quote:
Hey Guys, long time, no see...Sorry for the multiple posts, but there are a few threads I wanted to catch up on

https://youtu.be/JF9DYL-oHdw

https://youtu.be/GwxrHyx1_0Q

Hope everybody is doing great

Tony
Great videos Tony, and good to see you checking in!

Dave
Jun 28, 2019, 09:13 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
As I've said before, my F550 is sitting here, covered in dust. Very sad. I'm thinking of taking off the gimbal (no use, I bought a Mavic 2 or 3 years ago), adding an FPV camera and making a sort of RTH FPV machine. I've just got into freestyle quads so can fly in acro OK now. How does the F550 fly in manual mode? Could it do any aerobatics? I'm aware there is no clever betaflight working stuff out.
Jun 28, 2019, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
As I've said before, my F550 is sitting here, covered in dust. Very sad. I'm thinking of taking off the gimbal (no use, I bought a Mavic 2 or 3 years ago), adding an FPV camera and making a sort of RTH FPV machine. I've just got into freestyle quads so can fly in acro OK now. How does the F550 fly in manual mode? Could it do any aerobatics? I'm aware there is no clever betaflight working stuff out.
Manual mode on the Naza is pretty much the same as Acro in Betaflight. You won't get the same stability and precision as a modern flight controller (and you can't tune it in the same way), but it will certainly fly OK and be capable of flips & rolls.

Quick Reply