Old Jan 14, 2004, 07:33 AM
Find More Posts by mmormota
I disassembled a Nokia vibramotor (5mm diameter, 0.8g).
The good: seems that the bearings (bushings) are located in the magnet, so easy to convert it to outrunner.
The bad: it has a 5 segments collector
My plan to use such a motor as a 3 phase stepper, so 5 segments obviously unusable (using 5 phases to control it is a waste of components, 2 more controller pins, 4 more fets...)
All of the similar motors have 5 segments, or are there 3 segments types too?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2004, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
in persuit of low wing loading
Mmormota,
I'll check the ones I have taken apart, which is only a few out of all the many diffferent pagers I have. But I think you are correct.

Gordon
Old Jan 14, 2004, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by mcross
For Sale-everything over 250 g
mmormota,
There are 3 pole windings in most of the cheaper 6mm pagers. The radio shack variety is 5 pole but most of the bit clone motors I've taken apart are 3 pole.
You could definatly use these as a stepper motor but you may need to change the winding.
Mike
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
in persuit of low wing loading
Thanks Mike. You've obviously taken apart more of them than I have.

Gordon
Old Jul 03, 2006, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by jonathan8388
Hey Guys, a few days ago, I made my first attempt of taking the casing off of a 4mm motor, and making another, lighter one for it. This step turned out okay. I made a nice mount out of 1/64" aircraft plywood, and shaved off .2 grams from the entire motor. The ONLY problem that I had was putting the communicator back in between the brushes without destroying them. The brushes are so close together, that i really cant squeeze the communicator in without spacing the brushes too far apart, or crushing them. this is a strange question, but what do you guys do to get the communicator back in between the brushes without destroying them?
Old Jul 03, 2006, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Ego varius quis.
<Off topic:>
Hey, Tim!
Have you started posting again on MicroRCcenter again? I'd like to see an improved hovercraft!
</off topic.>

Sweet mod. If only I actually knew how to fly a plane to put it in.