Sailing "On Spreckels Lake" - Events, Regattas & the SFMYC (kinda, sorta, maybe) - Page 8 - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2014, 09:56 PM
You should go and have fun. I have to work unfortunately.
Jonah enjoyed your company a lot, thanks for a fun day. Ryan
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2014, 10:52 PM
It was great to wrap up the year @ the pond! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow -- first solo!
Jan 12, 2014, 09:05 PM
Lots of fun at the second Winter Informal series event. Dave Brawner our AMYA president attended and had a great time sailing my SB. Lots of fun with six Santa Barbaras an I 54, an ODOM, and new member with his Volvo 70 boat. Dan and Bill Robinson showed up from Sacramento as well. Good to see folks coming from Sac. for our events. Lots of fun was had by all even with the light and shifty breeze. Ryan
Jun 19, 2014, 09:34 AM
Capt. Jack
Anyone interested, there's a social SoCoBo get together fun run out at Roberts Lake in Rohnert Park this Saturday (21st). Would be great to have some people show. All are welcome.
Exit Golf Course Drive and look for the Double Tree Inn.
Rescue boats at hand to assist disabled boats and the 5.5' barge will be out.

Early risers meet at 10 am
...Late risers 10:30 am
Jun 19, 2014, 12:09 PM
Dear Captain Jack:
I am a total novice to RC Sailing and its lingo. I live over in Stockton and have my first boat a Naulantia assembled and I am interested in coming over and sailing and hopefully getting some tips on setting up the winch channel controls and the sails for better performance. I don't know what SoCoBo stands for but if I can come and sail my boat I am up for the trip this Saturday. I will bring my cameras and if the weather cooperates get some nice stills and video of the boats for a review here in RC Groups. I will be posting some questions under a beginner's thread and hopefully get a head start for setting up for Saturday. Tadpole Michael Heer
Jun 19, 2014, 12:51 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Michael:

Both the Elk Grove and Sacramento MYC's sail about 30 minutes from you both Elk Grove Regional Park and in West Sacramento. I invite you to take a look at their websites http://egmyc.net/ and http://sacmyc.net/ to see the calendar of races. The next races are with EG on Sat June 28 and the Sac club the next day on Sunday, June 29.

I am a member of both clubs and although we don't race the Naulantia, you are certainly welcome to come out to one of our races and talk to people, get some tips on boat tuning and perhaps make a decision regarding a second boat you would like to race - racing is the best and quickest way to improve your skills.

We also have a group of retired sailors who meet almost every Thursday 11 - 2 at Lake Natoma in the Folsom area. It is a "sail what you brought" day of low key practice racing and helping each other with our boats. And,it is a lot warmer there than San Francisco . It would be a great way to get help with your Naulantia when skippers are not concentrated on their own boats.

The Elk Grove club also has "Fun Sail Days" on selected Saturdays during the summer although the participation is often slim and you may see more electric powered boats than sailboats. It would be best to check with me to see what the attendance will be like before just showing up.

If you would like more information about any of this, PM me.
Jun 20, 2014, 12:34 AM
There are likely to be more people around on Sunday as there is a Santa Barbara class race on Sunday at Spreckles. Ryan
Feb 24, 2015, 11:40 AM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA

Lost overboard from J-Boat-Sail 221, One Ship's Wheel, Faux Binnacle and decking.
Recovered by a member of the public and passed to the Spreckels Irregulars
in hopes of return. Contact me through PM here on RCG or in this thread.

If anyone knows the Skipper, (Rumored to be from the Petaluma area) please pass the word to him that his parts have been recovered.

Latest blog entry: Ah, To be young again...
Feb 24, 2015, 01:16 PM
The Saturday gang will be out this Saturday at the lake. Come and sail, have fun. Ryan
Feb 24, 2015, 07:44 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Craig:

Try contacting John Hanks, the Class Secretary for the J boats at jclass at theamya dot org. If 221 is registered he should have a name and other info on the owner.

Steve V.
Mar 26, 2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks Steve Much appreciate -
Mar 26, 2015, 05:31 PM
Was out at The Lake today doing my walking laps; what an incredibly beautiful day for sailing on the Lake!!! Six or seven boats were out for the mixed practice today.

Bald headed sky and toasty sunshine,
76 F / 24.4 C,
61% humidity
Wind 3.5 knots from the NNE steady,
31in and holding.....

Feels a lot like Indian Summer
Jan 11, 2018, 09:41 PM

Click here for AMYA 2018 I54 Championship Entry Form and Notice of Race in PDF

Feel free to download image to post on your club's website, message boards or forums,
or to include in your newsletter to spread the word. It is large enough to print well.

Contact Sail Squadron Officer, Rssailor for more information

See you there
Last edited by craig_c; Jan 11, 2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply