Boeing 777-200LR 1:22 scale - Page 43 - RC Groups
Sep 20, 2015, 12:49 AM
Wayne Lester

re maiden flights

Thankyou sir, the weather here is still not playing the game. As we fly from a full size working aeroclub we fly off grass which needs a few weeks of good weather to allow it to dry out and be mown short. As I have spent the past 9mths building this I am in no hurry to just attempt flying it unless conditions are on my side. I have watched your builds with great interest also.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2015, 03:49 AM
airliner-rc.ru
My first flight was a year ago

Boeing 777-200 maiden flight (4 min 1 sec)

Boeing 777 rc fly (3 min 28 sec)
Sep 21, 2015, 01:53 AM
Wayne Lester

Your 1st flight 1yr ago

Hi Mike, that climb out on take off was impressive! A couple of questions for you please: (1) Did you make the elevators scale size or did you enlarge them? I have made mine the scale size but they look very small to be effective.
(2) on you landing approach did you find you required third to half throttle until almost on ground? looks like these get a fair bit of Dutch roll or was that a GOG problem?
Looking nerveously forward to my maiden which I hope will be as sweet as yours.
Sep 21, 2015, 07:14 AM
airliner-rc.ru
It was maiden Wayne. I was nervous a LOT My 777 I think too Elevator was trimmed down a little. Then I made another COG and it fly better. Unfortunately I have no video, but now I install 3-Axis gyro, change COG, make aileron differential and add mix RUDD-AILERON.
About elevator size - yes it is scale and it's enough for comfort flying. 15 Degrees up and 10 degrees down.
The main problem was aileron size (scale off course). Differential of ailerons and mix solved this problem.
Sep 21, 2015, 07:24 AM
airliner-rc.ru
Here you can see another flights.
Take-off and landing better, but COG not changed yet and no gyro.

Boeing 777 rc fly (3 min 28 sec)

On the landing I use throttle stick off corse May be 1/4 or less of full throttle.
But now with i-Gyro landing makes another. For example vertical speed controlling by thrust, elevator not using on landing with i-Gyro.
Sep 22, 2015, 12:50 AM
Wayne Lester

Re 787 flights

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply it has given me much needed confidence especially with the elevator size May I ask how much aileron differential you are using?
I have also purchased a guardian gyro system but as much as I want its protection I would prefer to first flight without it to see what habits the model has.
That last video you posted was awesome, model looked much more stable even without gyro & COG change, wish we had a sealed runway here as it would help especially take off!
Sep 22, 2015, 01:50 AM
airliner-rc.ru
Aileron differential: 35 degree up, 15 degree down.
First flight MUST BE WITHOUT ANY STABILIZATION!!!!
It is very important thing. First of all you must set-up right location of COG, trimming of all operating surfaces (elevator, aileron, rudder), travel adjust, expos. When you set-up all of functions and parameters then you can use stabilization.
Last edited by Airliner-rc/; Sep 22, 2015 at 01:59 AM.
Sep 22, 2015, 09:41 AM
Skylar's People
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
Aileron differential: 35 degree up, 15 degree down.
First flight MUST BE WITHOUT ANY STABILIZATION!!!!
It is very important thing. First of all you must set-up right location of COG, trimming of all operating surfaces (elevator, aileron, rudder), travel adjust, expos. When you set-up all of functions and parameters then you can use stabilization.
Agreed! You have to get the plane flying first, before adding another variable.

Looks like it flies awesome Mike - maybe BETTER than the real thing
Sep 23, 2015, 03:58 AM
Wayne Lester

re 787 maiden flight

Thanks for all your help. My thoughts exactly, no sense adding a correction device without first knowing what is happening. I will be making first flights without any added gyro.
My 1st runs will be just fast runs on ground to check handling and if all well I will then lift off 300-400mm then land and think about what happened during that time.
Only if everything looks trimmed without any strange habits will I then go for full lift off!
Weather gods still being unkind but hoping for change over the next week.
Will get video of progress and keep you all informed.
Oct 07, 2015, 03:21 PM
airliner-rc.ru
Wing internal power structural glued in to wing.
Servos and retract installed also.
Oct 07, 2015, 07:56 PM
Waowwwwwww....Masterpiece....Awesome!!!
Oct 12, 2015, 12:51 PM
airliner-rc.ru
Servo extension are installed
Oct 12, 2015, 12:53 PM
airliner-rc.ru
Работа стойки (0 min 8 sec)

Quick Reply