Thread Tools
Sep 11, 2014, 05:18 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Mike your 777 flies better than the real 777!

You need to tell Boeing your secrets!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2014, 11:13 PM
Registered User
Very nice video! Thank you for sharing it.
Sep 24, 2014, 01:25 AM
airliner-rc.ru
Airliner-rc/'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Mike your 777 flies better than the real 777!
Unfortunately, my dear friend, my 777 flying not good yet, but we are learn to fly and it starts turning out well
Sep 24, 2014, 05:45 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
Unfortunately, my dear friend, my 777 flying not good yet, but we are learn to fly and it starts turning out well
Huh?. . .not flying good yet?

Mike, your 777 seems to fly beautifully Sir!
Sep 24, 2014, 06:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
Unfortunately, my dear friend, my 777 flying not good yet, but we are learn to fly and it starts turning out well
What kind of problems?
Has the plane too much weight?
Sep 24, 2014, 09:08 AM
airliner-rc.ru
Airliner-rc/'s Avatar
there is an instability in the flight direction - left, right a little bit.
it is necessary to distribute weight along all fuselage to achieve more stability
Sep 24, 2014, 09:20 AM
Registered User
SergeyK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
there is an instability in the flight direction - left, right a little bit.
it is necessary to distribute weight along all fuselage to achieve more stability
On the contrary, I think you need to concentrate the weight at the CG to decrease moment of inertia and thus increase the effectiveness of the vertical fin and rudder.
Sep 24, 2014, 10:19 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Ben_E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
there is an instability in the flight direction - left, right a little bit.
it is necessary to distribute weight along all fuselage to achieve more stability
Have you considered iGyro?

Ben_E
Sep 24, 2014, 11:51 AM
airliner-rc.ru
Airliner-rc/'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeyK
to concentrate the weight at the CG
now quite so also it is made. It is wrong way.


First of all it is necessary to adjust model without gyros - find right position of CG, triming and so, then I will turn on the iGyro.
Sep 24, 2014, 07:07 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
there is an instability in the flight direction - left, right a little bit.
it is necessary to distribute weight along all fuselage to achieve more stability
Is it roll instability or yaw instability?
Sep 24, 2014, 11:07 PM
airliner-rc.ru
Airliner-rc/'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC
Is it roll instability or yaw instability?
first - yaw instability as a result of it roll instability. A little bit but it is. Every people sad than its fly well, but I fill that instability and want to overcome this moment that the plane flied excellently. Probably I am an idealist
Correct CG position will allow to reduce landing speed, now I'm looking for this correct position of CG.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:22 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
first - yaw instability as a result of it roll instability. A little bit but it is. Every people sad than its fly well, but I fill that instability and want to overcome this moment that the plane flied excellently. Probably I am an idealist
Correct CG position will allow to reduce landing speed, now I'm looking for this correct position of CG.
Mike what I'm sharing with you in about as accurate a Boeing 777-200 CG estimate as your gonna get brother.

I modified these pics with my smartphone hence the sloppy lines lol. . . But I would bet you 1,000,000 рублей that this is the correct 777 position.
Sep 25, 2014, 05:16 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
first - yaw instability as a result of it roll instability. A little bit but it is. Every people sad than its fly well, but I fill that instability and want to overcome this moment that the plane flied excellently. Probably I am an idealist
Correct CG position will allow to reduce landing speed, now I'm looking for this correct position of CG.
A combined instability on the roll and yaw axis is also typical for a real airliner. It is induced by the combination of sweepback and dihedral. So every airliner has a yaw damper on rudder. The roll/yaw tendency can also be overcome by zero degrees of dihedral or even anhedral (negative dihedral) as one can see on most of the older Russian airliners (Tu-104, ... , Tu-154, Ilyushin 62)
So for your 777 a gyro on rudder would be helpful.
Jan 24, 2015, 05:21 AM
airliner-rc.ru
Airliner-rc/'s Avatar
Unfortunately hard times for my project came.
Now I look for the sponsor for continuation of works on produce of wings molds.
For this reason I decided to share my work.
If someone wants to construct the same model, I can make fiberglass KIT of 777-200LR 3m wingspan (1:22 scale) for you (nose section, end section of fuselage and engine cowls).
In addition you need to cut out wings, stabilizer and centre section of fuselage from foam and cover it with balsa and fiberglass.
On the same technology like Norbert Rauch airliners build.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:15 AM
Registered User
vette84's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish
Unfortunately hard times for my project came.
Now I look for the sponsor for continuation of works on produce of wings molds.
For this reason I decided to share my work.
If someone wants to construct the same model, I can make fiberglass KIT of 777-200LR 3m wingspan (1:22 scale) for you (nose section, end section of fuselage and engine cowls).
In addition you need to cut out wings, stabilizer and centre section of fuselage from foam and cover it with balsa and fiberglass.
On the same technology like Norbert Rauch airliners build.
Hi Mike-fish, have just had an adrenaline rush watching and reading your build log. and a great open space to fly in...well done. If you are considering selling a short kit of this model how much will you sell them for?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Windrider first PNP-Boeing 777-200LR Ming Foamies (Kits) 654 Oct 01, 2017 07:38 PM
Build Log Boeing 777 200LR foam and tape RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 318 Jul 18, 2016 01:54 PM
Discussion Boeing 777-300ER scale model SpaceAviation RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 25 Apr 16, 2013 05:46 AM
Discussion Boeing 777-200LR Twin 90mm project NickM91 Scratchbuilt EDFs 20 Jul 10, 2011 08:40 AM
Boeing 777-300 1/30 scale questions/ideas ............. Scale Kit/Scratch Built 3 Jul 31, 2005 05:32 PM