This thread is privately moderated by Samu Mantyniemi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 22, 2013, 04:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

First flights with FrSky GPS sensor

The mail brought two GPS sensors today. The other one is going to go into Cularis, and the other I plugged into my EasyStar for the flying session at the local field.

It worked well. However, it took me some time to visualize the flight path from the log-file that DHT-U wrote on the SD card. I used GPS visualizer web site for the first trial. The key thing to realize was that DHT-U stores the coordinates as degrees, minutes and seconds, and those had to be converted to decimal degrees for the GPS visualizer.

The map below shows some of the flying from the latter part of my two-battery session.

I am sure that someone has already written a script that exports the DHT-U log to a map. Any pointers would be highly appreciated!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply